Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2015, 02:24 PM

Unhappy Tough Time

Well... This hasn't been the best time for me as of late. The closer the holidays get the harder it becomes. Recently I've separated from my wife, whom I have been with for 12 years. The holidays really hit hard when you look around and see the way things used to be, and how they no longer are. All the things we would do together, and generally just be together, and can no longer be apart of my life.

It's been a big struggle getting this far and I don't see it getting any easier for a little while. I need to get through these holidays and past our anniversary, which happens to be Jan 28th.

I don't post very often, but I do spend a lot of time reading what everyone has to say. I'd like to thank you all for being a great community of caring individuals, and for the needed entertainment and laughs when I really need it. None of you will ever know how trolling around this forum has helped me through this tough time.

So in the end, I'm just saying... Thank you. Everyone have a very merry Christmas and make the best of the time you have with the loved ones around you. Don't take it for granted.

Here's to new beginnings, to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully, to a much better New Year.

Cheers,
Duck.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Lightbulb

if traveling is a option, get away to new place help , just for a week or two, cheap flights online.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:13 PM

Merry Christmas, I feel for you my friend. I don't have words of wisdom that you have not heard before, but just want to say make sure you take care of yourself.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:31 PM

Sorry to hear of the difficult times Duck. All I can say is, keep pressing on and looking for the Silver Lining. I've weathered a few tough times myself in the last 5 decades, and all I can say is that sure as sunrise, things turn around for the good at some point. Wishing you a better 2016, and please keep on posting and being part of our AO Family. Blessings on you.....TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-24-2015, 03:41 PM

Hang in there bud. I know it sounds lame, but time heals all wounds.
I sincerely wish the best for you.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2015, 03:45 PM

Go to the fishing forum and post who's going fishing on Christmas Day and maybe meet up with a fellow AO member?

Dodger.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Go to the fishing forum and post who's going fishing on Christmas Day and maybe meet up with a fellow AO member?

Dodger.
After reading your post Duck, one of the first things that came to mind is that you need to get out on the lake.
Sorry to hear about the hard times your having right now, but I am hopeing things turn around for you in the new year.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:55 PM

My split was during this season in 2006. So I get the tough season idea.

But you are now on a journey to somewhere absolutely amazing.Keep churning-eventually you will crest the mountain and the view from the top is amazing.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:31 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

Merry Christmas duck
I've been where your at right now, it does get better over time.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:42 PM

Merry Christmas Sittn Duck. It gets better overtime, trust me. Wish you all the best this holiday season and a super 2016!
Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 PM

Merry Xmas Duck. Itgets easier .i was married for 30 years.On my own now for 17. I probably have a better trap line than Nube does lol and I don't have to go out in the bush.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:13 PM

Id be on a flight to cancun for a 21 and over resort and see what terrible life decisions I can make this week. Haha good luck and keep busy bud
Old 12-24-2015, 05:22 PM

Yes it does get easier and time not only heals the wounds, still leaving some scars but it also wounds the heals causing the wound in the first place!
After 33 years of being in training, a work place injury left me literally homeless but ended up meeting and marrying a wonderful lady. Proves that the light at the end of the tunnel was NOT another train coming at us!
We operated a B&B in Forestburg for the past 13 years and have hosted many people in your place. looking for a non judgmental place to relax or try something different to take their minds off their current tribulations.
You would be amazed at the number of people we take to our local range to direct their "energies" at the targets 100 yards down range with a wide assortment of toys!
But then I'm just the cook around here!
Life is extremely good in the middle of nowhere
Old 12-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Chin up fella. I know what your going through.
Drink until you can't feel feelings anymore and take a serious look at one of those Cancun trips. Much easier to deal with a split with a little slice on the side..
In all seriousness feel free to PM anyone, AOs a great forum.
Regards,
H1602
Old 12-24-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sittn Duck View Post
Well... This hasn't been the best time for me as of late. The closer the holidays get the harder it becomes. Recently I've separated from my wife, whom I have been with for 12 years. The holidays really hit hard when you look around and see the way things used to be, and how they no longer are. All the things we would do together, and generally just be together, and can no longer be apart of my life.

It's been a big struggle getting this far and I don't see it getting any easier for a little while. I need to get through these holidays and past our anniversary, which happens to be Jan 28th.

I don't post very often, but I do spend a lot of time reading what everyone has to say. I'd like to thank you all for being a great community of caring individuals, and for the needed entertainment and laughs when I really need it. None of you will ever know how trolling around this forum has helped me through this tough time.

So in the end, I'm just saying... Thank you. Everyone have a very merry Christmas and make the best of the time you have with the loved ones around you. Don't take it for granted.

Here's to new beginnings, to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully, to a much better New Year.

Cheers,
Duck.
Merry Christmas to you Duck, 2016 will be a better year for you,all you need to do to make that happen is get out a bit here and there,post some interesting hunting,fishing,trapping,stories or just stay in the general discussion section and get involved a bit with all of us,things will start to get better the more you interact with just about anyone! People need people and you Duck are people too! so glad to have you posting and not just trolling this is a good start to the healing process,and words that I like to use when things get tough for me...remember to....
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-24-2015, 06:03 PM

Take it easy Duck. I almost know how you are feeling as I have some mixed emotions these days myself. Like the guys said, take care of yourself first. Happiness isn't the past. It's the future too. Go out and have fun now and a good future will come to you.

Merry Christmas!

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 12-24-2015, 06:30 PM

I feel your pain duck.Mine decided to call it quits a couple weeks ago.Pretty lonely world lately.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=deerhunter;3081644]Merry Xmas Duck. Itgets easier .i was married for 30 years.On my own now for 17. I probably have a better trap line than Nube does lol and I don't have to go out in the bush.

How good a line can it be if you're not getting into the bush?
For the Op, the first is the worst. Haven't seen my daughter since the ex left seven years ago. One day I'll see her again, won't hold my breath waiting but the hope helps.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:37 PM

Default Very similar

to what I went through, 13 years back. What saved me and the respect of my kids, was just putting my head down, refusing to be the "unreasonable" one, and stubbornly clinging to and asserting my "rights", in the face of a lot of BS. Miserable time of several months living out of the family home until I assertively took it back. Miserable time of seeing her relatives and our common friends believe her BS and doubt me. Just all around miserable and difficult. The worst time of my life. But, by being very focussed and diligent, and learning to put aside the emotional crap, I came out on top (as much as one can in such situations?), and the day she moved out with her "share" of our "stuff" lives in my memory as a day of liberation. Much to her chagrin, having paid her out, and always strictly honoring the child support obligations (we had shared custody and my boys eventually just moved back in with me), I was able to succeed financially way beyond my time with her - she was an "albatross" hung around my neck in that sense.

Your situation may be completely different. All I am saying is that for the first while I was an emotional wreck and very susceptible to being taken advantage of in the face of it all. It is devastating. This has to be overcome, and it is not easy. But, once you grow a spine and the truth comes out it will all work out in the end. Be patient and be strong.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:43 PM

Bud you've got no kids! The futures yours and it might hurt now but consider yourself lucky and that you actually dodged a bullet! Think of all the fishing and hunting you can do now! It might seem like there's only one fish in the sea but there's lots and lots! 12 years is a long time and you probably don't really know who you are anymore so have some fun figuring that out! Start getting healthy and focus on yourself and don't fall into the beer and underware on the couch every days off routine! You've got a great family and a hellva brother so go spend time with them and be happy that you've got that! Not many of us do! I'd trade my house for a brother and father like you've got!

You've got too many positives to get down about a girl!
Old 12-24-2015, 08:06 PM

Merry Christmas Duck. Chin up, burboun down.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:22 PM

Merry Christmas, keep plugging away and be positive!!
Old 12-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Banned

Merry Christmas ...... Enjoy your freedom till the right one come's along !!!
Old 12-25-2015, 12:04 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Its all greatly appreciated and trust me, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears. I'm doing everything I can and taking advantage of all the positives in my life. It isn't easy, nothing worth while ever is, but I know in the end I'll be the better for it.

Thanks again to every one for the posts and PMs. Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
Merry Christmas, I feel for you my friend. I don't have words of wisdom that you have not heard before, but just want to say make sure you take care of yourself.

Was thinking exactly this for you my friend. That and possibly easier said than done, but create your own traditions! Think of it as new beginnings. Join some family and friends if possible?

Best wishes!
Old 12-25-2015, 07:31 AM

hey if you like drive down to airdrie on boxing day Iam having some friends over for the hockey game .shoot me a pm

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 12-25-2015, 07:35 AM

Chin up and into the wind Duck.

Try breaking what you see as tradition, and start some new ones.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-25-2015, 07:39 AM

Keep on keeping on brother.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:00 AM

In my line of work I typically only see the worst of the worst things during Christmas and the holidays and its awful. This year is especially hard for many many people. But Through all of this I am so grateful for even the smallest of things and have had to eat a lot of humble pie, far more than I would like to have.

I'm grateful that this forum brings together strangers from around our beautiful province and beyond in the common interests that we share. I have made some great friends on here!

Keep on keeping on. Even in my darkest hours I know that I am going to be okay, find those things that make you happy, not those that remind you of worse

Merry Christmas Brother.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:14 AM

Yeah, I'm with family right now... And tomorrow I'll be surrounded by friends watching the world juniors. I have a great support group that I'm relying on. Its been a great help