Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2014, 11:42 PM

Default Feet on the dash

Anyone else with a significant other who when you're driving, they like to put thier feet up on dash? When I met the better half she had a habit of it until I gave her enough crap that she listened to me, yes fellas they do listen sometimes. I basically explained that if I hit a deer and air bags go off that her legs will end up in the back seat, not attached to her body.

I see women sitting like that all the time on the highway, every time I pass them I kind of say a little prayer to baby jesus that they don't hit something.

Why do women do it, and it's pretty much all of them that do it. Plus, it's puts dust on the fresh armour all
Old 11-10-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Anyone else with a significant other who when you're driving, they like to put thier feet up on dash? When I met the better half she had a habit of it until I gave her enough crap that she listened to me, yes fellas they do listen sometimes. I basically explained that if I hit a deer and air bags go off that her legs will end up in the back seat, not attached to her body.

I see women sitting like that all the time on the highway, every time I pass them I kind of say a little prayer to baby jesus that they don't hit something.

Why do women do it, and it's pretty much all of them that do it. Plus, it's puts dust on the fresh armour all
I find it very sexy when my wife does that, makes my drive interesting.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:

I could not stand it when my wife did it. Ticked me right off. Was quickly told she's not allowed!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:

Are you on a motocross forum based out California?

Cause I am and there was this EXACT SAME TOPIC just a week or so ago!!

( and for the record, I see your point, but I also think a pair of naked tan legs on my dash is, um...really....er.....its ahhhh....yeah ....just had a flashback to when I was 18....)
Old 11-11-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors forever View Post
Are you on a motocross forum based out California?

Cause I am and there was this EXACT SAME TOPIC just a week or so ago!!

( and for the record, I see your point, but I also think a pair of naked tan legs on my dash is, um...really....er.....its ahhhh....yeah ....just had a flashback to when I was 18....)
Nope, I am as far from motocross and California as one can be.

I'm talking vehicle in motion. Feet on the dash when parked is a totally different thread lol
Old 11-11-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Nope, I am as far from motocross and California as one can be.

I'm talking vehicle in motion. Feet on the dash when parked is a totally different thread lol
Old 11-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Banned

I wish I had that problem
Old 11-11-2014, 12:29 AM

My significant other had a habit of putting her left foot up on the centre carpeted hump that wasn't covered by the floor mat and getting it all dirty. That stopped pretty quick. I still got the "what's the big deal" look though.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:13 AM

Cannot stand when people do that. Feet gross the hell outta me and I can't have those in my view when trying to drive.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:20 AM

First, you are asking why women do what they do....

Second, stop complaining about a woman with her legs up

Third, "in the backseat not attached..." Lol awesome. At least yours listens.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:27 AM

Grosses me out too.. Feet on the floor when your driving.. My wife used to do it now she knows there are some things you just don't do when I'm around.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:30 AM

My cousins girlfriend was sitting with her feet on the dash reading a book. One winter as they were cresting a hill travelling travelling south from Swan Hills to Wct, the old fella coming the other way spun out and Colin hit him. Airbags went off, no one seriously injured other than her as her legs being pushed back on her ruptured her spleen. Lucky she did not bleed to death.

Drives me nuts when I see people riding like that.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:11 AM

I think it's a feel good position for them ( natural position ) legs up that is.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 AM

Thats always my pet peeve is seeing the feet on the dash. I wouldnt allow it in my truck.And then when my wife sees it she has a breakdown. She cant stand feet.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Was a long point of contention. The safety is a good point and should come first, but seeing toe prints on my wind shield, made me twitch with anger.
Told her if thats how she wants to sit she can ride in the back like children.

...So yeah, she still does it and sits in the front.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 AM

Wife use to do that cant stand blocks my view of side mirror. I give her crap if she does that.

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
Was a long point of contention. The safety is a good point and should come first, but seeing toe prints on my wind shield, made me twitch with anger.

Women.........you can't tell them anything!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post

Toe prints on the windshield bring back good memories for me. never had this particular first world problem myself, let the girlfriend do most of the driving, her little truck was much better on fuel and I wasn't allowed to drive it. that's another story though.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 AM

I don't have that problem. Mine either stays home or rides in the back where she belongs.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:06 AM

I recall driving a picker truck and was passed by a car. I looked down and saw feet on the dash, still in my memory bank.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Banned

GF does it all the time on long trips, bothers me not...
Old 11-11-2014, 08:16 AM

I dont say anything when my wife does this. I just keep my moth shut and drive on.
Then again, she is about 130lbs heavier than me, and a whole lot meaner.
Worst part though is when she uses my hunting knife to clean out her toe nails.
Almost enough to make a guy want to clean the knife off before he cuts a peice of sausage for lunch....almost.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
I dont say anything when my wife does this. I just keep my moth shut and drive on.
Then again, she is about 130lbs heavier than me, and a whole lot meaner.
Worst part though is when she uses my hunting knife to clean out her toe nails.
Almost enough to make a guy want to clean the knife off before he cuts a peice of sausage for lunch....almost.
Your wife doesn't know anything about this site either I see.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:

My wife used to... Until we had a close call in the yukon last summer. I had a big diesel pusher motor home try to cross the highway as I as whistling along pulling my camper. He pulled right out in front of me, and I truly missed him by an inch.. After I swerved all over the road and skidded to a stop, the wife realized that she felt pretty unprotected with her feet up like that. It has since come to a stop.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:41 AM

I see even a lot of drivers behind the wheel having their left foot on the dash or seat, where you can see their knee.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Banned

When the nice lady has Size 14 WWW feet and wants to discuss the new nail colour for her toe nails. what can a guy say?

What do you guys think of the colours black and blue.?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Banned

There have been some interesting sights seen with legs up on the dash. Some can't be unseen, and one will always stick out in my memory. I think batteries were involved.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
There have been some interesting sights seen with legs up on the dash. Some can't be unseen, and one will always stick out in my memory. I think batteries were involved.
Warming up dinner?
Old 11-11-2014, 11:33 AM

My rule feet on my dash, head in my lap.