Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetrider2011 View Post
Hmmm So from what i am reading is after 25 years af putting money into something to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars I should just walk away from it. Hmmm doesnt sound very finacially feasable ,, and i think your right about beating ourselves about the head.
Nope, not telling you to do anything than what your doing, just looking at options. If we are not looking for answers than we are not moving forward.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Gone Hunting

With all the typing going on here a lot of letters could have been written to the decision makers, what ever your beliefs are, Sheesh!!! guarantee yah, it ain't gonna get fixed here...........
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
With all the typing going on here a lot of letters could have been written to the decision makers, what ever your beliefs are, Sheesh!!! guarantee yah, it ain't gonna get fixed here...........
You could be any more on track Hal.

Last edited by sunsetrider2011; 11-11-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Editing quick before pickral sees it
Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Hal53 is exactly right, but it gets people thinking and maybe motivated.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
.......Its quite entertaining the number of clowns that get charged every year out here for trespassing and with destruction of public property on some occasions.
LOL...like allowing cows to destroy creek banks,overgrazing,allowing weeds to spread,quading the lease,dumping garbage......need i say more?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
LOL...like allowing cows to destroy creek banks,overgrazing,allowing weeds to spread,quading the lease,dumping garbage......need i say more?
Cows quad????...and dump garbage??....who knew???.......
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Cows quad????...and dump garbage??....who knew???.......
Did hear something Hal?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm So from what i am reading is after 25 years af putting money into something to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars I should just walk away from it. Hmmm doesnt sound very finacially feasable ,, and i think your right about beating ourselves about the head.
So you have a triple net lease?

You pay the taxes and any up keep on the property. If you make leasehold improvements they stay with the property.

Is this correct?

I own a business and I have leased my current location for 15 years I have paid the taxes, paid for the upkeep, made improvements and dealt with the vandalism and break ins. Does this mean that it is mine? I hope so. Do I now have the right to deny access to my landlord if he requests it? I guess i do.

You talk about the entitlement crowd well I think you fit right in to that group.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Did hear something Hal?
Was a squeak
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmakemecrazy View Post
So you have a triple net lease?

You pay the taxes and any up keep on the property. If you make leasehold improvements they stay with the property.

Is this correct?

I own a business and I have leased my current location for 15 years I have paid the taxes, paid for the upkeep, made improvements and dealt with the vandalism and break ins. Does this mean that it is mine? I hope so. Do I now have the right to deny access to my landlord if he requests it? I guess i do.

You talk about the entitlement crowd well I think you fit right in to that group.
So you gonna walk away from your lease of 15 yrs and the improvements you put in? And btw where did I say I was entitled to anything? Show me the post where i stated that? Other words ,Carry on
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Was a squeak
you guys really have to calm down and put your energy where it may do some good....
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM

I don't know if it's ever been asked or answered and I have googled it...
What is the cost of leasing public land,i assume there are different costs for different lands...ie grazing or grain...
So a section of pasture on the prairies would cost how much to lease a year?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
I don't know if it's ever been asked or answered and I have googled it...
What is the cost of leasing public land,i assume there are different costs for different lands...ie grazing or grain...
So a section of pasture on the prairies would cost how much to lease a year?
Contact your local land manager and inquire different sums for different properties
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you gonna walk away from your lease of 15 yrs and the improvements you put in? And btw where did I say I was entitled to anything? Show me the post where i stated that? Other words ,Carry on
Actually yes i am going too. Within the next year we will be moving to a new location. The difference is I understand how a lease works and know it was a cost of doing business.

You have never said it out right but your attitude certainly has.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Actually yes i am going too. Within the next year we will be moving to a new location. The difference is I understand how a lease works and know it was a cost of doing business.

You have never said it out right but your attitude certainly has.
Wow My attitude has said it,, No It s an learned opinion,, not attitude at all.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Banned

Anyone who regards any sort of lease/rental as a investment has no common sense. Do the minimum to increase the value of why you leased the land.

Jamie
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Contact your local land manager and inquire different sums for different properties
Generally speaking in your area what would a section of lease land cost?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttnbuckcojack View Post
The bad grammar has a little to do with my phone and some of which I don't give a shet, And yes I I'm trying to stir the pot.

And yes I am fullyaware or the lease rules and regulations concerning recreation access, All the lease holders that I know are completely fed up,locks being cut, gates pulled off, vechile access when not granted, atvs driving
all over the place, dumb asses wonding game and leaving it, which then brings in predators, Idiots crossing into property running along/beside lease land, and my list can go on and on. They try DENYING but the cry babys get srd involved and created more headache then what its worth, WHY SOME PEOPLE DONT GET THE HINT WE JUST DONT WANT YOU THERE AND EITHER DO SOME OF THE LOCALS THAT WOULD LIKE TO HUNT THERE BUT CANT CAUSE ITS FULL OF CITY
LMAO....that was actually quite comical and entertaining,thx.

And yes I am fullyaware or the lease rules and regulations concerning recreation access.
ummmmm....apparently no you are not?
fed up with locks being cut,gates pulled off
Probly just fed up,taxpaying Albertans demanding access to OUR land for recreational use as per the grazing lease agreement....do ya think?
WHY SOME PEOPLE DONT GET THE HINT WE JUST DONT WANT YOU THERE AND EITHER DO SOME OF THE LOCALS THAT WOULD LIKE TO HUNT THERE BUT CANT CAUSE ITS FULL OF CITY[/QUOTE]
Ummmm...do tell,who exactly do you mean by "WE" and "YOU"??
lemme guess,"WE" that don't want "YOU"(taxpaying Albertans) there would be the entitlement crowd that thinks they OWN the CROWN LAND and everything on it when in actual fact they merely lease the grazing rights,yes?
NEITHER DO SOME OF THE LOCALS
Sorry boutcher luck pal,but last time I checked,both my WIN Card AND my deer tags say Province of Alberta and so far this year I've hunted from 150km south to 300km+ NW of my home with plans to travel yet farther over next few weeks.Musta missed the part where it says "Valid Only in 212"? ??? Trust me,I would LOVE to hunt local,there are some great bucks within 2 minutes walk of my backdoor but SRD tends to frown upon hunting in Fish Creek PP.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Banned

sunsetrider2011 or any other landowner that leases land on here.

Please can you answer my questions.

Because I paid the taxes, did the upkeep paid for the improvments on my lease does this mean that it is mine? Do I now have the right to deny access to my landlord if he requests it?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
sunsetrider2011 or any other landowner that leases land on here.

Please can you answer my questions.

Because I paid the taxes, did the upkeep paid for the improvments on my lease does this mean that it is mine? Do I now have the right to deny access to my landlord if he requests it?
you are comparing apples and oranges your land lord owns the title to whatever place you are talking about....on Crown Land the public is the land lord.......the Gov't. is the stewardship we put in place to look after it.....sigh....albeit not very well.....
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
No It s an learned opinion
So is mine.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned

Oh and BTW cojack,please DON'T EVEN THINK of fishing the Bow,that's my backyard,its crowded enuf as is,I'm guessing y'all ain't a local and we don't take to kindly to outsiders round these here parts,hyuk.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
you are comparing apples and oranges your land lord owns the title to whatever place you are talking about....on Crown Land the public is the land lord.......the Gov't. is the stewardship we put in place to look after it.....sigh....albeit not very well.....
No it is the same. I cannot refuse a reasonable request by my landlord to access his property. Just like a crown land lease holder should not be able to deny a reasonable request to access the land by the public at large.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No it is the same. I cannot refuse a reasonable request by my landlord to access his property. Just like a crown land lease holder should not be able to deny a reasonable request to access the land by the public at large.
sigh.......thanks for that....????.....uh...Newsflash.....
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Banned

You will never get a straight answer on costs from grazing leaseholders.

Taxes are SFA. Lease costs are specific to how many animals can be grazed on the specific lease, generally a fraction of the cost to do it on private lands. Oh yeah, all the improvements... fences and dugouts the leaseholders have to shell out here. Grazing on leaseland is big money for those lucky enough to be involved in a grazing lease but that is even small compared to what they get from the gas wells...

Oil and gas activity on publicly owned Alberta leases benefits the leaseholder much more than it does the owners being you and me, Joe Public. This amounts to millions of dollars per year going into the leaseholder’s pockets from surface leases and "disturbance". Ever wonder why big southern Alberta grazing leases are being sold for obscene money?? It’s because the oil company has wells that pay the leaseholder, not the owner, ~ $2000 per year per well after they get an initial ~ $10,000 per well consideration for the drilling of it. Shallow gas has 16 wells per section, you do the math. This is money that should go to the public, not the leaseholder.

Leaseholders have a government supported windfall and then they further restrict public access/hunting for more of their own personal gain. It is unbelievable that this continues.

And we feel entitled asking to hunt on it?? Leaseholders should be so happy that the govt allows them these benefits, that they should welcome the voting public with open arms. But not all do...

Here is an article that sums up the Alberta "cowboy welfare" quite nicely. Please download and read it.

http://albertawilderness.ca/issues/w...ostuch-lecture
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

Taxes are SFA. Lease costs are specific to how many animals can be grazed on the specific lease, generally a fraction of the cost to do it on private lands. Oh yeah, all the improvements... fences and dugouts the leaseholders have to shell out here. Grazing on leaseland is big money for those lucky enough to be involved in a grazing lease but that is even small compared to what they get from the gas wells...

Oil and gas activity on publicly owned Alberta leases benefits the leaseholder much more than it does the owners being you and me, Joe Public. This amounts to millions of dollars per year going into the leaseholder’s pockets from surface leases and "disturbance". Ever wonder why big southern Alberta grazing leases are being sold for obscene money?? It’s because the oil company has wells that pay the leaseholder, not the owner, ~ $2000 per year per well after they get an initial ~ $10,000 per well consideration for the drilling of it. Shallow gas has 16 wells per section, you do the math. This is money that should go to the public, not the leaseholder.

Leaseholders have a government supported windfall and then they further restrict public access/hunting for more of their own personal gain. It is unbelievable that this continues.

And we feel entitled asking to hunt on it?? Leaseholders should be so happy that the govt allows them these benefits, that they should welcome the voting public with open arms. But not all do...

Here is an article that sums up the Alberta "cowboy welfare" quite nicely. Please download and read it.

Interesting, can someone more computer savy than I find a link to Bob Scammell's speech?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Good find, Deer Hunter. That article reminds me of, and brings relevance to, this picture! I think we can all surmise which animal represents the public, the government, and the leaseholder...?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Lmfao!!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

hmmmmmmmm so why would someone lease land for the purpose of grazing and not ever graze it? could it be just for the kickback from oil/gas leases? wow,that would seem to be somewhat illegal?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 AM

Glad to see you are an expert on fall and winter grazing in southern Alberta. Posts of this nature annoy landowners and leaseholders, thus not helping access and or owner/hunter relations. Leo you need to get ALL the facts.