Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
gunman300

Default My buddies truck stolen

On monday night, my best friends truck got stolen out of his driveway in Sundre. Apparently some guys stole a vehicle in Calgary, drove it to Sundre and it ran out of gas right in front of his place. He has a 5 acre piece of land and these bastards came right down the drive and took the truck. If anyone sees a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 extended cab diesel Burgundy in color with plate #VHJ 837 could you call the police. It also has yellow front plate with a snarling "Have a nice day" face on it.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Home Wreaker

I know what he is going threw,Mine got stolen in dec got it back 2 weeks later.
Believe me he does not want it back if he had theift on it .
Mine is still in the body shop.
Took it back 4 times because of missed repairs that they did .Just a punch of kids in all the body shop that are learning!Hard to get goog labour !
Insurance only pays for $1000. for car rental
I was over by $800 on rental

Had about $800. worth of unrelated items in truck that was not returned ,guess what ..not covered ...has to go threw the house which has a $500. deductable. not worth it !

funny thing is they found the truck in Calgary on a driveway at a drug house.
I told the cop to go inside and get my stuff.....he said he needed a search warent ,because anyone could have barked it there!

Hopefully your buddy had alot of after market items on the truck like a canopy he can claim so he can break even.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
gunman300

He had some aftermarket stuff but nothing special. Sad part is it is his work truck and he looses $1000/day without it (he works as a directional driller) and he had about 6 months until it was paid off.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Home Wreaker

Something realy wrong with your Budies story
I been to many Rigs
These guys sit in a trailer not a truck
A rental should get him by .
And what is he doing with a 4 year old truck when he is making $1000. a day ..and is still paying it off !
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 PM
gunman300

Not that it needs to be explained to you but why should he have to get a rental every time he is called to work. The jobs he works on are from northern BC to Saskatchewan. He gets called and has to leave right away. Rentals cost over $100/day. That is $3000/month vs $1400 to buy. When he bought the truck he was not making the money he is now. I posted this message to get the word out and hopefully get the truck back.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 PM
grandzillaa

Hmmm.... there seems to be a lot of that going on these days. How many people on this board had a vehical stolen or knew of someone who had one stolen?

I had mine stolen at a Walmart parking lot, and the content was stolen as well. My mini dv camcorder, crossbow(no string) and bolts and alot of good tools. Man I know the feeling and it sure sucks. Thankfully it is running good now.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 PM

When you buy your vehicles at the auction, like me, you don't have to worry much about them being stolen. A friend of mine was attending the Conservative convention in Edmonton, a couple of weeks ago. One of the delegates had his vehicle broken into and cleaned out in the parking lot at the Hotel Mac Donald. No place seems to be secure, but it's important not to leave anything of value, visible from the outside. My friend left a gift wrapped coffe mug in his truck on a previous trip, to find the window broken and the mug gone, when he returned.
I've been keeping my eyes open around Sundre, but your buddies truck is probaly long gone from here.
Grizz
Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Unfortunately Grizz you are right. There is far too much of this going on. And I am sure his truck is nowhere near Sundre. If I had access to a nice big 4x4 like his and did not care about damage, I would probably try and see where it could go.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Well my buddy got his truck back. The RCMP found it in Edmonton. The guy who stole it has been living in it for the past month. The found him at the car wash cleaning it out. There is apparently no damage, just a few extra miles.