Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM

Default Shore fishing Wab?

After going to Coal a couple times and fishing the pike there from shore, I wanted to give Wab a shot. That lake is so shallow in spots though, I don't know where to head down. I was going to try over by the Sundance plant but where I got access in the winter is now all gated off

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 06-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Hey Jay check over by the train tressle we used to fish from there all the time as kids.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Hey Jay check over by the train tressle we used to fish from there all the time as kids.

Andy
Are you talking in town? Park on the road and just hoof it through the little field there?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM

No if you take the kapasawin turn off and go a couple miles down there is a trail off to the right that you can drive down.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM

You used to be able to do that,but it is now all posted no parking. You can still walk down the tracks.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 PM

you can also fish from the provincial park, there is a dock you can fish off, goodluck
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing the info guys, and thanks as well to those who PM'd me!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 AM

I got me a slender 39" out there today.......try the old cooling pond channels
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Cool, thanks for sharing the info guys, and thanks as well to those who PM'd me!
Jay get a 1 7/16" Ball for your hitch and just borrow my small aluminum and trolling motor. Your welcome to it anythime as I'm off for a month to BC. You can just store it at your place, I have the plate for it now.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM

when you get into the town of wab take a right when you get to the stop sign infront of the main dock.... drive down adjacent to the train tracks until you see a fence that says "no tresspassing" either park infront or off the beaten path [i have never, ever once been bothered here and many people fish here often] walk around the fence and you will be on a narrow strip of land between a bay [i believe moonlight bay? or something along those lines] and a canal.Fish the canal and Use a big huge beach ball bobber, and suspend a smelt about a foot off the bottom [its 15-20ft deep depending where you cast]. when your bobber begins to shake and dip, open your bail. Your bobber will begin to "swim away" after a count of maybe 3 [1 one thousand...2..] slap the bail shut and give it a yank.

be prepared, bring extra line.. easy to get spooled w/o a boat to chase em with.
guarentee you will be into 12lb+ pike no problem.

ps. USE LEADERS

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "