Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2024, 06:05 AM

Smile Pharma care, the Libs and the NDP

For those bored enough to try to keep up with Federal Canadian politics, here is a bit that may be interesting.

The leader of the NDs says without NDs in government there would be no Pharmacare. The Liberal response could/will be the NDs will never for the gov't vote for us and get more of what you want/need.

To form a majority all they have to do is, hang on to the seats that they have and poach a few from the NDs, who knows it might work.

The backroom boys are working it out now.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:14 AM

Every week another scandal is exposed, be it Arrivescam, or the fact that the Winnipeg lab was providing information to the Chinese, and played a part in developing Covid. The best chance that the liberals have to stay in power, is to eliminate elections altogether, because more and more people are actually starting to see how corrupt they are.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Every week another scandal is exposed, be it Arrivescam, or the fact that the Winnipeg lab was providing information to the Chinese, and played a part in developing Covid. The best chance that the liberals have to stay in power, is to eliminate elections altogether, because more and more people are actually starting to see how corrupt they are.
Our dictator in waiting is working on that!!
Old 03-01-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Our dictator in waiting is working on that!!
He is looking at how to change the rules to manipulate things to his advantage.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:27 PM

If you two ^^^ mean PP? you both need to stop watching the tin foil hat news.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
If you two ^^^ mean PP? you both need to stop watching the tin foil hat news.
Sinc

Perhaps you should read the previous posts again, I have no idea how you could assume that we were referring to PP. PP is the only chance that Canada has to avoid being bankrupted, and handed over to the WEF.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Sinc

Perhaps you should read the previous posts again, I have no idea how you could assume that we were referring to PP. PP is the only chance that Canada has to avoid being bankrupted, and handed over to the WEF.
What makes PP any better than any other politician ? Don't get me wrong, I want the Conservatives to govern, but they are all are self serving crooks...
Old 03-02-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
What makes PP any better than any other politician ? Don't get me wrong, I want the Conservatives to govern, but they are all are self serving crooks...
Thats our fault . We should be burning government buildings , or spraying manure on them or something . Our representatives are a little too power trippy these days.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
We have had 8 years of Trudeau, and we know what a corrupt crook he is, Singh has played a part in that corruption, so he is no better. Trudea and Singh together, are the worst threat that Canada has ever faced. That leaves PP as the only chance we have to stop the destruction of Canada that Trudeau is presently carrying out.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Most men are better than Jaggie and the Turd. They are enemies to democracy and have ruined our country faster than anyone else has in history.. PP might be far from perfect but he is on the right track. But boy is he going to inherit a mess.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Most men are better than Jaggie and the Turd. They are enemies to democracy and have ruined our country faster than anyone else has in history.. PP might be far from perfect but he is on the right track. But boy is he going to inherit a mess.
Exactly!
Old 03-02-2024, 08:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
And that mess will mean the majority that was said to get rid of the libs will be on the back burner and take years to clean up. So if you think things will get better right away well ya better pull up a chair and wet a line.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-02-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
Thats our fault . We should be burning government buildings , or spraying manure on them or something . Our representatives are a little too power trippy these days.
I'm on the same page as you, zero accountability to the people regardless of political party.

Quote:
We have had 8 years of Trudeau, and we know what a corrupt crook he is, Singh has played a part in that corruption, so he is no better. Trudea and Singh together, are the worst threat that Canada has ever faced. That leaves PP as the only chance we have to stop the destruction of Canada that Trudeau is presently carrying out.
Again, they are all crooks. Repeating the same and expecting different results is never going to work. Look at the previous prime minister in the news lately, he was no different than the current politicians. Again, what makes PP any different ? Provincially, we have a lady at the wheel, her history is nothing short of personal gain, but many here prop her up like she is our savior.

Quote:
The mess we have is our fault, we the people have allowed and contributed to the current situation we face.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
And that mess will mean the majority that was said to get rid of the libs will be on the back burner and take years to clean up. So if you think things will get better right away well ya better pull up a chair and wet a line.
The reality is, that to turn things around, spending will have to be cut, which means that some programs will be cut. But it's either tighten our belts now, or go bankrupt, and have no money for programs later. Unfortunately, some people are so used to handouts, that tbey don't understand, or even care, that those handouts are not sustainable.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I'm on the same page as you, zero accountability to the people regardless of political party.

Again, they are all crooks. Repeating the same and expecting different results is never going to work. Look at the previous prime minister in the news lately, he was no different than the current politicians. Again, what makes PP any different ? Provincially, we have a lady at the wheel, her history is nothing short of personal gain, but many here prop her up like she is our savior.

The mess we have is our fault, we the people have allowed and contributed to the current situation we face.
Care to elaborate?

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-02-2024, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Care to elaborate?
Probably shouldn't have too but I will.

Remember when there was this party called the Wildrose who ran against the conservatives in Alberta and split the right. Guess what happened in 2014, our newly elected gal who was the leader of the Wildrose, crossed the floor and joined the party she was fighting against. Guess what happened then, our favorite other gal took power.

Smith had a pod cast where she declared many things, when elected, didn't she say that she learned a lot since and don't hold what she said against her ?

Smith is no different than any other politician.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Remember when there was this party called the Wildrose who ran against the conservatives in Alberta and split the right. Guess what happened in 2014, our newly elected gal who was the leader of the Wildrose, crossed the floor and joined the party she was fighting against. Guess what happened then, our favorite other gal took power.

Smith had a pod cast where she declared many things, when elected, didn't she say that she learned a lot since and don't hold what she said against her ?

She is a politician but has done some good things lately. She is better than the alternative, then again Mickey Mouse would be better than the alternative.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Agree 1000%. People forget way too easy. If not PP who/what is our alternative? Can’t stay the way it is with this Nutbag running the show.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Agree 1000%. People forget way too easy. If not PP who/what is our alternative? Can’t stay the way it is with this Nutbag running the show.
That was exactly my point, our choices are Trudeau,Singh and PP, making PP the only choice to stop Trudeau/Singh, from continuing on their agenda to destroy Canada.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
That was exactly my point, our choices are Trudeau,Singh and PP, making PP the only choice to stop Trudeau/Singh, from continuing on their agenda to destroy Canada.
I've come to the conclusion, Ideocracy will be the 1984 of the future.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-02-2024, 07:34 PM

Quote:

"to".
Old 03-02-2024, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Pierre is doing a fantastic job and a majority of Canadians agree. He’s got this in the bag. Hands down the best leader I’ve seen in a very long time. You’re right, he’s got one hell of a communist mess to clean up.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Provincially, we have a lady at the wheel, her history is nothing short of personal gain, but many here prop her up like she is our savior.
Unbelievably impressed with Danielle so far. She’s got support and will keep it as long as she doesn’t go all “Kenny” on us. Really enjoying an actual conservative at the helm.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:20 PM

Imagine when all the great leaders are in power in Canada.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:18 AM

Good article on Pharma Care ---- another Trudeau smoke and mirrors that has played the NDP?

From the article

"On Tuesday, hilariously, federal Health Minister Mark Holland admonished Bloc Québécois parliamentary leader Alain Therien that it was much too early to talk about compensation for Quebec in lieu of signing up for national pharmacare. “It’s important not to criticize something that doesn’t exist,” said Holland.

Wise words, though they don’t help Holland’s case: We shouldn’t laud something that doesn’t exist either. "

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...al/ar-BB1jfAtE
Old 03-03-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:

So you are mad because she tried to unit the right? I listened to Daniel every day when she was on QR770, yes she had some bad ideas, but she is an idealist who is guided by her love of freedom, her love of Alberta and her love of Albertans. I will take that any day, and to call it seeking personal gain is not understanding her at all.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-03-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
So you are mad because she tried to unit the right? I listened to Daniel every day when she was on QR770, yes she had some bad ideas, but she is an idealist who is guided by her love of freedom, her love of Alberta and her love of Albertans. I will take that any day, and to call it seeking personal gain is not understanding her at all.
I like what she is doing now, but I haven't forgotten how she betrayed the Wildrose. She was not trying to unite the right, she thought that she would get an important position if the conservatives won, and instead we got the ndp. Now she has to earn back everyone's trust.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Not mad at all Piker, I just understand that politicians are in it for themselves. Smith has shown she is no different, why change now is the real question. Funny, many here bash the turd for the same lack of integrity, then in turn put Smith on a pedestal as our savior. I'm a realist, fool me once, shame on you, you know the rest...

Quote:
I like what she is doing now, but I haven't forgotten how she betrayed the Wildrose. She was not trying to unite the right, she thought that she would get an important position if the conservatives won, and instead we got the ndp. Now she has to earn back everyone's trust.
We can agree on most of this.

Last edited by Sledhead71; 03-03-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I’m just glad we finally have someone unapologetically Albertan at the helm.