Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

NIce boat, Here is A youtube video on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcelxpuAac8
Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
looks like a nice rig

i seriously lol'd at this
I feel that is the selling feature LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-killer View Post
NIce boat, Here is A youtube video on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcelxpuAac8
Ive seen all the videos infact the other week they had it on Power Boat Tv on global the other morning after Bob Izumii .
Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 AM

How very exciting, John! I am so very happy for you.

Hmm . . . I seem to remember a particular someone getting a little bit cheeky (at Medicine Lake a couple of years ago) with regards to someone else selling her Lund to purchase a Tracker. Do you remember that?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
How very exciting, John! I am so very happy for you.

Hmm . . . I seem to remember a particular someone getting a little bit cheeky (at Medicine Lake a couple of years ago) with regards to someone else selling her Lund to purchase a Tracker. Do you remember that?
That I do That I do , I looked at the lunds , but money for money I got the tracker , shes a big boat , and will meet my requirements quite well .
Old 02-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
That I do That I do , I looked at the lunds , but money for money I got the tracker , shes a big boat , and will meet my requirements quite well .
Just checking!

A tracker will probably wind up living at our place, too. I've had no luck trying to purchase a used Lund, and the Trackers sure seem to offer a lot at their price-points.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
Just checking!

A tracker will probably wind up living at our place, too. I've had no luck trying to purchase a used Lund, and the Trackers sure seem to offer a lot at their price-points.
For 25,000 Ive got a huge boat with 115 hp with every option I could possibly ask for , upgraded power system , battery charger and so on only thing diffrent I want to do that I will have to do on my own , is mount a bow fish finder to which im gonna use the current one mounted and put it on the front and get something big for the drivers console .
Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM

All you need now is a speedo to match your boat colours BBJ.

Congrats!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
All you need now is a speedo to match your boat colours BBJ.

Congrats!
LOL thanks Buddy .
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Banned

nice boat .

what kinda payement is a guy looking at for a boat like this ?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Big congratulations, looks good on you, great looking boat!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 PM

That is exactly the boat I I headed out the door to buy back when I got mine a few years ago. Got there, looked it over, was grinning from ear to ear, went to put the down payment on her, and there interact machine went down. So I headed off to the bank to get good old cash when another dealer I was chatting with called and threw me an offer on another boat I couldn't refuse. So yep she is a beauty, and you deserve it. I know you are going to get slot of use out of her, and with any luck its gonna be an early thaw.....well earlier then last year, I hope......
Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
For 25,000 Ive got a huge boat with 115 hp with every option I could possibly ask for , upgraded power system , battery charger and so on only thing diffrent I want to do that I will have to do on my own , is mount a bow fish finder to which im gonna use the current one mounted and put it on the front and get something big for the drivers console .
I bought the same boat 3 years ago but with a 75Hp engine. Works really well for lakes but I have actually added a Lowrance package and 2 down riggers (if you buy the gear at Bass Pro Shops they will install it for free). With the V-hull you can take it out on the inside ocean and do some salmon fishing. In fact, I drag it to Vancouver Island every year at begining of July and go for Sockeye in Port Alberni and then fish the Georgia Strait for Springs and Lings/bottom fish (Sangster Island in front of Parksville). It is a really good fishing rig and with my 75Hp engine I can get it up to 30Mph (plenty fast enough). Also, with the 2 down riggers you can go after lakers in the summer (and Kokanee or other non-top water fish). I have mine parked in the Okanagan and it is fantastic for fishing the Kootenays, Shuswap, Oknagan Lake and Kalamalka. You have opened up a huge door of fishing oppportunities for yourself. Good luck and tight lines.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
I bought the same boat 3 years ago but with a 75Hp engine. Works really well for lakes but I have actually added a Lowrance package and 2 down riggers (if you buy the gear at Bass Pro Shops they will install it for free). With the V-hull you can take it out on the inside ocean and do some salmon fishing. In fact, I drag it to Vancouver Island every year at begining of July and go for Sockeye in Port Alberni and then fish the Georgia Strait for Springs and Lings/bottom fish (Sangster Island in front of Parksville). It is a really good fishing rig and with my 75Hp engine I can get it up to 30Mph (plenty fast enough). Also, with the 2 down riggers you can go after lakers in the summer (and Kokanee or other non-top water fish). I have mine parked in the Okanagan and it is fantastic for fishing the Kootenays, Shuswap, Oknagan Lake and Kalamalka. You have opened up a huge door of fishing oppportunities for yourself. Good luck and tight lines.
X2 on the Lowrance network! Did it on mine with structure scan and engine interface, fuel monitoring, blah, blah....fantastic system and that big screen right there in your face with more info then my poor brain can handle. And definately. 2 riggers....haven't been able to hit the coast yet, but once I figured out how to operate everything it sure made Cold Lake a whole new ball game!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Tracker Warranty Issues

Great looking boat, looks like a good set-up.

I to purchased a Tracker a few years ago and was very happy with it the first 3 times i took it out. The fourth time it starting taking in alot of water, took it out of the water and noticed that a crack had formed in the hull. Took it back to Bass Pro and they ripped the floor all out of it to see the crack from the other side. Upon inspection the crack looked like it started from one of the welds that they used where the hull was attached to the frame. I thought so, and so did the guys in the shop.
Pictures were sent to Tracker, they looked at the pictures and said to Bass Pro that I must have hit a rock or something. No scuffs, scratches, or dents in the hull, just a crack. They would not fix the boat and in the end I had to pay up the bill to fix it.
While dealing with Bass Pro, the boat was there for 2 months over the summer and I went through 3 different managers and no one could help me.
Hopfully yours does not in the same sad story.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
X2 on the Lowrance network! Did it on mine with structure scan and engine interface, fuel monitoring, blah, blah....fantastic system and that big screen right there in your face with more info then my poor brain can handle. And definately. 2 riggers....haven't been able to hit the coast yet, but once I figured out how to operate everything it sure made Cold Lake a whole new ball game!
There are lots of places in the ocean that you can take your rig - try them out - really fun. Don't go into the big water, but as a start, Port Alberni inlet in July is a gas. If the Sockeye are there and you have the rig - you will catch fish! If you fish Cold Lake, you really should try those BC interior lakes as well - some really big fish can be had!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post

I to purchased a Tracker a few years ago and was very happy with it the first 3 times i took it out. The fourth time it starting taking in alot of water, took it out of the water and noticed that a crack had formed in the hull. Took it back to Bass Pro and they ripped the floor all out of it to see the crack from the other side. Upon inspection the crack looked like it started from one of the welds that they used where the hull was attached to the frame. I thought so, and so did the guys in the shop.
Pictures were sent to Tracker, they looked at the pictures and said to Bass Pro that I must have hit a rock or something. No scuffs, scratches, or dents in the hull, just a crack. They would not fix the boat and in the end I had to pay up the bill to fix it.
While dealing with Bass Pro, the boat was there for 2 months over the summer and I went through 3 different managers and no one could help me.
Ouch - that really sucks. I thought the Tracker Hulls had a lifetime warranty?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I had a 14 ft tin can , I wanted a v hull boat , . I am counting on using it on the Frazer river when I go down for Sturgeon , I plan to take it to The Red River when I go back cat fishing , I will use it around alberta for my needs aswell as my business . I got the down rigger mounts for it just got to pick up a couple manual downriggers for now when I take a trip to Kananaskis this summer aswell as Cold Lake for some of them lakers . I bought the boat from Bass pro and they told me the day I come in that If I buy anything that I want for the boat they will install it for me . I wanted the upgraded motor as I intend to fish tournaments agian starting next year , I may get into a couple this year aswell .
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post

Ive heard that in the past about there boats , but with a life time hull warrinty that should not be an issue , not to mention I can weld aluminum , might take a little practice agian but I use to weld aluminum , back in the day .Now I just fish .
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I had a 14 ft tin can , I wanted a v hull boat , . I am counting on using it on the Frazer river when I go down for Sturgeon , I plan to take it to The Red River when I go back cat fishing , I will use it around alberta for my needs aswell as my business . I got the down rigger mounts for it just got to pick up a couple manual downriggers for now when I take a trip to Kananaskis this summer aswell as Cold Lake for some of them lakers . I bought the boat from Bass pro and they told me the day I come in that If I buy anything that I want for the boat they will install it for me . I wanted the upgraded motor as I intend to fish tournaments agian starting next year , I may get into a couple this year aswell .
Get the Scotty Electric Downriggers - Bass Pro Shops will wire it up for you. Not that expensive of an upgrade and really, winding a downrigger up manually has nothing to do with fishing - for the extra $600 - well worth it. BPS was awesome sending the wiring through the hull never to be seen again. Cheers.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Get the Scotty Electric Downriggers - Bass Pro Shops will wire it up for you. Not that expensive of an upgrade and really, winding a downrigger up manually has nothing to do with fishing - for the extra $600 - well worth it. BPS was awesome sending the wiring through the hull never to be seen again. Cheers.
Yeah that is what Im leaning towards but Im not in a huge rush for them , I will be mainly hitting up local water this year , so the electric downriggers will have to wait . Perhaps get 2 or 3 trips books then I will consider them.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah that is what Im leaning towards but Im not in a huge rush for them , I will be mainly hitting up local water this year , so the electric downriggers will have to wait . Perhaps get 2 or 3 trips books then I will consider them.
Sounds good. You might want to ask BPS to wire in the plugs for you and then you can always buy the downriggers later. That might only cost you $50 but well worth it - I know I sure wouldn't want to run the wiring for downriggers later but then again, I am a wimp.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Nice, you're gonna love it
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Ouch - that really sucks. I thought the Tracker Hulls had a lifetime warranty?
So did I...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM

Awesome Boat John! I would be careful on the Fraser with a outboard . It's a very hard river river to read. Lots of places it looks deep and it's only 1-2' deep!
Red river should be fine we have aways used outboards down stream of the locks.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Awesome Boat John! I would be careful on the Fraser with a outboard . It's a very hard river river to read. Lots of places it looks deep and it's only 1-2' deep!
Red river should be fine we have aways used outboards down stream of the locks.
Thats what Ive heard about the Fraser . Red River thats all weve run is outboards , as I got great uncles in Manitoba . Ive almost tempted to pack up shop and move there . I love fishing that river so much , the winter I can do without but pretty minor . Great advice .
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM

I have a manual downrigger, just dont have the mount for it, you are welcome to use it if you like til you get fancier

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I have a manual downrigger, just dont have the mount for it, you are welcome to use it if you like til you get fancier
I bought one .
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM

gonna be not too shabby. I hope you dont paint it like your camper!!!! or maybe you should!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
gonna be not too shabby. I hope you dont paint it like your camper!!!! or maybe you should!
My fifthwheel is sexy wayne .
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM

congrats on the new rig ... everytime I step foot in there I wanna buy one , lol... best bang for your buck forsure !! Whats the payments like ??

Tags
bass pro, bass pro shops, tracker boats