Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Lets help this guy out .

A Friend of mine lost his fishing boat , motor , and all his gear , hooks rods , his kids rods and gear ice auger etc .

Lets make this right and help this guy out . Lets get them some gear . Ive got rods and a couple of reels and some tackle im gonna give them . Anyone else have some stuff to help them out .

That picture is enough to leave a lump in your throat and tears rolling down your cheeks .

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 05-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:37 PM

Im not sure if he's interested in manual auger, but I've got an 8" Eskimo auger that's pretty much brand new that Id be willing to donate. PM me if he'd be interested.

"Dry Hooks Don't Catch Fish"
Old 05-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyangelo View Post
Im not sure if he's interested in manual auger, but I've got an 8" Eskimo auger that's pretty much brand new that Id be willing to donate. PM me if he'd be interested.
That would be a good start . Im sure he would be more then happy with that . Ill be in touch in the next day or so .
Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 PM

what type of fishing did/does him and his family do?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
what type of fishing did/does him and his family do?
Pike Walleye , they Fished the lake alot as they lived in town and traveled a short ways to the lake .

Only reason I am putting this out there is he has a trip booked for june 30th to july 18 to Travers and Newell . And I am looking for a small boat for him , Ive got a small motor he can use . Even if It was to lend for that time as he will be eventually getting a new boat from the insurance but they will not cover all his tackle rods etc .
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM

hey bbj. put me down for a couple ice fishing rods & a tip up.
they can pick up when they go to trav or i can ship to you.

let me know

orv.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:06 AM

I will donate my tackle box full of hooks, and an 8" swede bore hand auger. Pm me with details.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM

I've got one or two spinning reels I can pitch in.

sureshot - you're a good man. If that auger ends up being donated I've still got a 6" one you can have

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Gone Fishing

If you need any more rods, I can donate a few and some tackle if you like. Call me at home after 2 this afternoon and we can arrange pick up.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORV View Post
hey bbj. put me down for a couple ice fishing rods & a tip up.
they can pick up when they go to trav or i can ship to you.

let me know

orv.
Hey Orv , Like I said to Sureshot I think we need to hold off on the Ice fishing stuff , main thing is to get a few rods for him and his kids .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
I will donate my tackle box full of hooks, and an 8" swede bore hand auger. Pm me with details.

Andy
Im not worried about the auger for right now main thing is to get him some tackle and rods so he can attend his trip .Would be a good time for him to forget about everything and just relax and cry or whatever it is hes gonna do , and catch fish .

As for the Tackle maybe we can meet up some place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I've got one or two spinning reels I can pitch in.

sureshot - you're a good man. If that auger ends up being donated I've still got a 6" one you can have
That would be Great Jay .Ive got 2 small rods that Ive got for his kids , gonna see If I can a couple more . His kids are ages 9 6 4 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
If you need any more rods, I can donate a few and some tackle if you like. Call me at home after 2 this afternoon and we can arrange pick up.
Will do Rumtan . Thanks again for that Murray your a great fella .
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM

Default life jackets

I have 4 life jackets first is a youth 24-34inchs another youth 24-28inchs - a large 40-48inchs just message me which ones they would like and we can ship them down they are also all buoy O boy
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM

no problem. bbj. i am sure i can dig up a reel or 2
to donate if you need.

let me know

orv.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano11 View Post
I have 4 life jackets first is a youth 24-34inchs another youth 24-28inchs - a large 40-48inchs just message me which ones they would like and we can ship them down they are also all buoy O boy
I have no idea whatever would fit 2 adults and kids aged 9 6 4 .
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Smile life jackets

Ok we will send all of them down pm me the address to where ever you need these shipped to
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM

Hey BBJ I'm ususally available in the evenings. Give me a call 780-246-2480

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM

Thumbs up

I have a $100.00 gift card for the Fishin Hole that we could use for tackle,rod, reel whatever.
Let me know what ya need.
JFK
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM

i can send up a bag full of canks
Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
better ask him to define what "canks" are first. you never know with this guy
Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Banned

I have been debating something all day ever since I read this thread......... If I could get my boat all primed and running before his trip and all set up and take it for a few runs, I would be willing to let him use it for his trip....... It would be a hell of alot safer for him, wife, and most importantly 3 kids on big lakes like travers and newell than a little boat would be.

It's not a matter of trusting the person to borrow it or not. but a matter of getting everything sorted out and (most importantly) tested in time. I wouldn't want to send them out and have something break down.

Just makes me wish I could get it done sooner but its going to be depended on alot other things that I cant really expedite.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM

Ill throw in a 4 pc ugly stick and a Quantem spinning reel. I may have an extra tackle box kicking around but Im not sure on that one.

edit* you can add a quantem optix 40 rod and reel to that as well

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."

Last edited by ghostguy6; 05-31-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano11 View Post
Ok we will send all of them down pm me the address to where ever you need these shipped to
I will pm you my address , as I will be taking all the stuff to him in a couple of weeks , once we get everything here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Hey BBJ I'm ususally available in the evenings. Give me a call 780-246-2480
Andy
Andy thats great I will get in contact with you tommorow .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
I have a $100.00 gift card for the Fishin Hole that we could use for tackle,rod, reel whatever.
Let me know what ya need.
JFK
I dont know if you want to send that , or maybe put it towards fishing rods for the kids , your choice . Ive got a few large rods , but nothing for the kids , im thinking like 5 ft rod or something along them lines .

Quote:
That would be wonderful Chubbdarter , I will pm you my address if that works for you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
I have been debating something all day ever since I read this thread......... If I could get my boat all primed and running before his trip and all set up and take it for a few runs, I would be willing to let him use it for his trip....... It would be a hell of alot safer for him, wife, and most importantly 3 kids on big lakes like travers and newell than a little boat would be.

It's not a matter of trusting the person to borrow it or not. but a matter of getting everything sorted out and (most importantly) tested in time. I wouldn't want to send them out and have something break down.

Just makes me wish I could get it done sooner but its going to be depended on alot other things that I cant really expedite.
I contacted him awaiting a reply if he is needing the boat for up there or if its indeed for there trip south . I have another fella on another forum whom has a boat and motor up at slave already that he is allowing him to use if that is where he indeed needs it .Once I find out I will let you know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Ill throw in a 4 pc ugly stick and a Quantem spinning reel. I may have an extra tackle box kicking around but Im not sure on that one.

edit* you can add a quantem optix 40 rod and reel to that as well
Adam that would be great buddy .
Old 06-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post

I talked to my buddy there today and Indeed the boat is for there trip june 30th to july 18 . I will be in contact with everyone today , Pm's have been sent aswell as Ill make phone calls aswell , Thanks for supporting another fishermen in a time of such loss . If there is anyone else that may have something else let me know . Thank you agian BBJ
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM

what would be the things he needs the most right now after all the donations have come in? would like to donate something but don't wanna send something people might have already sent if he needs other stuff.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 PM

I can also add a 5 ft Homer J Simpson spinning rod to the pool. I pulled it out of a trout pond. Reel was not useable though. Does anyone have a spincast reel I can pair up with this?

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
what would be the things he needs the most right now after all the donations have come in? would like to donate something but don't wanna send something people might have already sent if he needs other stuff.
right now Id say maybe spare line , maybe an extra tackle box , or spincast reel .

I talked to Rumtan he has a few kids rods hed like to give away for this cause , Chubbydarter has some crankbaits , Geezle has a couple rods and or reels , Ive got 5 rods with no reels , another fella has offered up his boat and motor incase Braun wont have his in time . Ghost guy has a rod and reel hes willing to help out . Sureshot has a tackle box with some stuff , and ice auger , ORV has some ice fishing rods and tip ups . So out of all that looking pretty good except for reels and line maybe a rod case , Im gonna custom make him some Pike spinners . I know there was one fella cant remember his name off top of my head that wants to donate a 100 gift card for fishin hole , Badback also sent me 30.00 to go towards some stuff. I bought some weights and bobbers some plane hooks , spinner blade , clevises and some other stuff today with that money .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I can also add a 5 ft Homer J Simpson spinning rod to the pool. I pulled it out of a trout pond. Reel was not useable though. Does anyone have a spincast reel I can pair up with this?
That would be Great Adam , give me a call or Ill facebook message ya here tonight . make a time to get that from you . Like I said above Rumtan has some kids rods , and reels , so maybe an extra incase one breaks isnt such a bad thing to have . I forgot to mention gonna go threw my rod cases see if I cant give him one of them .
Old 06-03-2011, 10:09 AM

good stuff. i will go through some boxes tonight and let you know what i can come up with....
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
good stuff. i will go through some boxes tonight and let you know what i can come up with....
That would be great I really appreciate the generosity of the folks of the forum its really heartwarming to see everyone come together at such a time of need .
Old 06-04-2011, 12:56 AM

Default A quick update .

A quick update ,

I got 2 rods and 2 reels from Ghostguy today .

Gotta meet sureshot and Chris next week to get some stuff from them guys .

Kanonfodder has chose to donate his money from the slave lake auction to this cause instead . I will be meeting him tommorow .

Agian I want to the thank you all so much for your support and comodery in helping My buddy Sonny out in such a time of need you guys all deserve a pat on the back . I will figure out something to give you guys a deal on my bbjtackle for the folks who have Donated gear .
Old 06-04-2011, 03:55 PM

got a plan together to send some stuff up. there is a pm in your in box bbj.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
got a plan together to send some stuff up. there is a pm in your in box bbj.
Ok tosh thanks Just got in from fishing since 9:00 this am its just after 1 am . I will check here . I greatly appreciate your assistance .