Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-03-2015, 10:17 PM

Default Eskimo Fat Fish 6120 (Six Sided Ice Tent)

Yesterday I had a fight between the wind and the tent. The tent lost. So it was finally time to replace the Ice Cube tent (Which, btw has been an amazing tent).

We picked up the new Eskimo Fat Fish 6120 and it is wonderful! 80 sq. ft. fishing area. The windows (6 of them) are lower, so a person could see their tip ups while sitting in a chair. There are pockets to stow your stuff on the walls, and two doors. Easy set up and take down.

Definitely happy with our purchase!

Happy Fishing,

Fisherwoman

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eskimo tent.jpg (7.3 KB, 87 views)
Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 PM

Buddy just got one of these tents as well and we had it out today. The insulation definitely helps and it made me somewhat kick myself for going with the rectangular one. The one thing all of us thought was kind of disappointing though is how small the doors are, it is a little tricky crawling in and out of there especially while carrying gear. Other then that worked great although no way it was going back in the bag all frozen up from the cold weather.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:31 PM

It's true about the small doors. But being only 5'2" it's not such a big deal for me. We did get ours back in the bag, even all frozen up (-20 where we were today), but getting it back in the bag is definitely a two person job!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 PM

To be fair we didn't even try to get it back in the bag, it was -30 when we were packing up and it was pretty frozen.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:26 PM

Yeah my 6 man was a job and a half to get in after being up in -30 all day but it went. Good to hear you like the tent
Old 01-04-2015, 01:16 AM

fisherwomen i have the same icecube tent, what kinda damage did it sustain from the wind? usually you can order parts for it from places like the fishing hole. was it beyond repair?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:28 AM

Sweet tent. I picked up a 949i Friday and when I registered it on the Eskimo website I wrote make an 8120i as my comment! Be sweet to have that style but with 100+ square feet as I prefer that style to the long rectangular ones as well.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
fisherwomen i have the same icecube tent, what kinda damage did it sustain from the wind? usually you can order parts for it from places like the fishing hole. was it beyond repair?
The Ice Cube has a shattered pole on the roof section. I know new poles are available from Gorilla online, but I wanted to go fishing the very next day Besides the old Ice Cube did not owe me a thing. It was truly time for an upgrade.

Although fixing the Ice cube and keeping it as a spare is probably a good plan.