Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 PM

Default Wonderstrike Ice fishing combo

http://www.wholesalesports.com/store...rod259931.html

This is what we have been using. Best thing in the world. Got ours at Canadian Tire last year but can't find them there this year. Worth every penny though.
Happy fishing!

Last edited by fisherwoman; 12-05-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Hot link
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM

I know they have them in the new WSS in the South Edmonton Common, but I don't know where you are.

I was looking at these and wondered what they were all about, especially for $50.

So since you use these rods, what do you like about them? Or rather what makes them so special?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-05-2009, 02:12 PM

Thumbs up Eletric Rods

You should try that buzz stix that automatically jigs.http://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Stix
Fun Rod to Use !!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I know they have them in the new WSS in the South Edmonton Common, but I don't know where you are.

I was looking at these and wondered what they were all about, especially for $50.

So since you use these rods, what do you like about them? Or rather what makes them so special?
Yah I thought $50 was alot to spend. But then I found them last year at Canadian Tire for $40. But they dont have them this year, which is too bad. But I will be going to Wholesale sports outfitters to buy more this winter. I have one and he has one, but we are going to get 2 more (cuz we can each have 2 holes).

I love the sensitivity in the rod. The metal rod that follows the line jumps when you get a hit. Some smaller fish wont even set the flag off when they hit. I also like that is something I can see out of the corner of my eye, when it goes off. It is also nice to reel in a fish, rather than pull line up and get it all tangled.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Smile Wonder Strike rod

I can bring some in. If interested let me know. Cheaper than prices mentioned.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
I can bring some in. If interested let me know. Cheaper than prices mentioned.
Bring into where?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned

You can build a rig like that using the spring out of a ball point pen and some elecrical tape.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
You can build a rig like that using the spring out of a ball point pen and some elecrical tape.
Like one of those little spring bobber dealies?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

Yeah a spring bobber, if you want one as big as the one in the picture you'd have to use somthing bigger than a spring from the pen but it could still be easily done to pretty much any rod.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:36 PM

Here are some same ones but cheaper:

https://www.thefishinhole.com/index....PAGEAT=3&C=072

Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM

Or cheaper yet. Basically same outcome: Spring Bobber
Old 12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Or cheaper yet. Basically same outcome: Spring Bobber
Ya know why they're called "spring bobbers"? Cause they were originaly made out of small spring and you still can do that.

Pull spring out of a bick lighter or a ballpoint pen, or use a similar sized one. Stretch it out untill its long enough, I like them about 4". Take the last few coils and bend them out so you ca run your line through them. If you wanna get fancy you can thread a bright colored bead onto the spring. You can tape them so they extend off the tip of the rod but I like to tape mine overtop of the rod like on that rod the OP posted a link to. HA, out cheap that!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Ya know why they're called "spring bobbers"? Cause they were originaly made out of small spring and you still can do that.

Pull spring out of a bick lighter or a ballpoint pen, or use a similar sized one. Stretch it out untill its long enough, I like them about 4". Take the last few coils and bend them out so you ca run your line through them. If you wanna get fancy you can thread a bright colored bead onto the spring. You can tape them so they extend off the tip of the rod but I like to tape mine overtop of the rod like on that rod the OP posted a link to. HA, out cheap that!
since you are parting out your bic anyways, if you have a zippo, the flint from the bic will fit, and give way more spark and last longer.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich