Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM

Default Fishing Chin and Stafford

I have fished both in the open water and had luck some days (None of those lucky days were near the bridge though). Was wondering if there were any good spots for ice fishing- not that I want to steal your spot, just looking for ideas of where to go when I don't want to drive the truck out on the ice or walk forever with my gear.
I know from experaince that there are pike, walleye, and whitefish out there. Targeting some whites with a hook tipped with a maggot sounds like fun.
Any thoughts?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM

Fisherwoman
i fish Chin in the summer with the SAWT and if you try the power pole on the north side about 1/2 km for the boat dock...hope this helps
gramps
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Fisherwoman
i fish Chin in the summer with the SAWT and if you try the power pole on the north side about 1/2 km for the boat dock...hope this helps
gramps
Great thanks for the post. Will give it a shot
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Default fishing chin

I have fished chin for many years and to catch pike thru the ice you have to keep movingalong the shoreline. You drill a hole and drop ypur bait what ever it may be if nothing happens in a 1/2 hr. move on. for walleyes you have to find them first which is difficult but if you have electronics it helps. As for whitefish i am unsure as I have never caught one thru the ice. I know there are lots of them in there plus burbot but I have never really targeted them. Someone who has fished for them will answer you. Piker