caught my new PB walleye 28"

Old 12-26-2014, 09:57 PM

Default Northern Pike - 32"

Old 12-28-2014, 10:03 AM

Default 31" Pike

Old 12-29-2014, 10:31 AM

Default 43.25" Pike

Old 12-29-2014, 11:48 AM

Ooh, looks like Wayne has some competition now! I can only clearly confirm 43" but should be hard to beat.

Nice to see so many great fish entered on here early in the season, keep em coming!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:34 PM

17" brookie

Old 12-29-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Ooh, looks like Wayne has some competition now! I can only clearly confirm 43" but should be hard to beat.

Nice to see so many great fish entered on here early in the season, keep em coming!
I can see 43 1/4 even on my phone. Some of these entries are way harder to tell and some are on the ice. No offence but you have to treat every entry fairly and by the posted rules
It does look like some people are getting the benefit of doubt and others not so much. Equal across the board is necessary for fairness

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-29-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I can see 43 1/4 even on my phone. Some of these entries are way harder to tell and some are on the ice. No offence but you have to treat every entry fairly and by the posted rules
It does look like some people are getting the benefit of doubt and others not so much. Equal across the board is necessary for fairness
Wayne, I only go off original photos or in cases like this situation I look at the original photo myself in photoshop in order to determine what I believe is a fair measurement. In this situation I got the following image which I can only clearly read as being 43 in... If there are other measurements you have an issue with please message me and I will look into them.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinggeek View Post
17" brookie

FG I have to knock that down to 16.75. Also I want to give a friendly reminder to all to please post photos of live fish (or fish that can be though to be alive). This is a rule from past derbies that I am sort of on the fence of but I do think it is important to keep photos fairly clean so I will be enforcing it if things get out of hand. If there are only the odd accidental photos like this one I will let them slide though(just don't make a habit of it).

Thanks guys and keep em coming.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:04 AM

Ravyak,
Are you going to enforce rules or make them up as you go? No offence Fishing Geek, but that fish is laying across your kitchen counter.
People making their own tokens, sticking their faces in photos (who's face is that?)
This derby is a free for all, Ravyak get a grip and take control. Make solid rules and enforce them.

Ps

You are the "self proclaimed" Ultimate Angler. Your 39" pike was poorly measured and tape wasn't clear in the photo. Who could tell where it started and ended. My books and many other members opinions that entry shouldn't have counted.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:32 PM

Default Walleye - 26" (5 lb 2 oz)

Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reel Deal View Post
Ravyak,
Are you going to enforce rules or make them up as you go? No offence Fishing Geek, but that fish is laying across your kitchen counter.
People making their own tokens, sticking their faces in photos (who's face is that?)
This derby is a free for all, Ravyak get a grip and take control. Make solid rules and enforce them.

Ps

You are the "self proclaimed" Ultimate Angler. Your 39" pike was poorly measured and tape wasn't clear in the photo. Who could tell where it started and ended. My books and many other members opinions that entry shouldn't have counted.
Guys, please pm me if you have issues regarding submissions or think I am being unfair etc... This thread is not the correct place for these comments especially since a lot of the time there are details not publicly posted that you may be unaware of... In this case FG provided me with another photo as seen below... Between the two photos all requirements are met and I feel I was more then fair in letting him off with both private and public warnings...

On another note, if measurements are going to be an ongoing issue the only actual solution is to make measurement boards a requirement... As I have stated multiple times a measure board can be bought for as cheap as $6 at the fishinhole or you can easily make one(just need something can butt fish and tape up against)... I do not want to make measurement boards a requirement at this time but if you choose not to use one know that there may be minor disagreements in submitted lengths if I am forced to interpret your photos...
Old 12-31-2014, 12:10 AM

Standings Update, PlatinumBarMan has been killing it lately.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:

On another note, if measurements are going to be an ongoing issue the only actual solution is to make measurement boards a requirement... As I have stated multiple times a measure board can be bought for as cheap as $6 at the fishinhole or you can easily make one(just need something can butt fish and tape up against)... I do not want to make measurement boards a requirement at this time but if you choose not to use one know that there may be minor disagreements in submitted lengths if I am forced to interpret your photos...
Making more rules on the spot...

anything worth doing, should be done right.

I'm pulling out of the derby.

Great entries people, be safe, have fun, tight lines!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:

Like you said it's just for fun. Rav is doing his best give him a break, and like he said he's doing checks in private in the background. No one cares to see your petty complaints in this thread. Stop being a baby and start catching and posting more fish. Don't be a quitter
Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the update Tyler. That photoshop method is pretty neat.

Just reminder to everyone that this is strictly a fun derby first and foremost, so if you can't play nice here then this is not for you....

If you have any problems you can do so on PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumBarMan View Post
Like you said it's just for fun. Rav is doing his best give him a break, and like he said he's doing checks in private in the background. No one cares to see your petty complaints in this thread. Stop being a baby and start catching and posting more fish. Don't be a quitter

X2 he's only human. He's trying to make sure everyone gets to participate and have fun. If you want to whine about everything he's doing for us, because remeber he doesn't have to do it, I'm glad you quit.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Tokens have always been lenient(it is in the rules) and I didn't change anything regarding measurements(I will if it becomes necessary though...). The only rule that you can even slightly argue that I have modified is the dead fish rule and that is because it is a rule that I feel needs to be lenient to a point. This is an old rule that has never been enforced (look back at last hardwater derby if you don't believe me...) and it is something that I now realize must be updated on future derbies.

To clarify my stance on this rule what I ask of all members is to please take the time to take pictures of the fish while the fish is alive and healthy. I realize this is a little more difficult since they flop around but it can be done easily enough.

If you forget to take picture while it is alive or just are not willing to do so then please follow the below guidelines.

If a submission shows a fish that shows obvious signs of physical harm(gutted, beaten, frozen etc) such that it can not be released or if the photo is taken at home then the submission will not be accepted unless a photo of the same fish in healthy condition is supplied. In this case please submit the photo showing fish in healthy condition and then send me the other photo privately so that I can clarify whatever needs to be checked(length, token etc).

In cases where a submission shows a fish that can be considered to be healthy(nothing obvious as outlined above) but is n the ice with other dead fish please try and crop the photo to remove the other fish(send to me if you are unsure how to do this).

So far I have been more then happy with photo quality(an improvement from last years...) but as noted we can still make things better.

The Reel Deal,

I hope you understand where I am coming from on these topics and I hope that you will continue to be involved in the derby. You have caught some beautiful fish in this derby and past ones and I would hate to lose your participation over such a minor disagreement...
Old 12-31-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Tokens have always been lenient(it is in the rules) and I didn't change anything regarding measurements(I will if it becomes necessary though...). The only rule that you can even slightly argue that I have modified is the dead fish rule and that is because it is a rule that I feel needs to be lenient to a point. This is an old rule that has never been enforced (look back at last hardwater derby if you don't believe me...) and it is something that I now realize must be updated on future derbies.

To clarify my stance on this rule what I ask of all members is to please take the time to take pictures of the fish while the fish is alive and healthy. I realize this is a little more difficult since they flop around but it can be done easily enough.

If you forget to take picture while it is alive or just are not willing to do so then please follow the below guidelines.

If a submission shows a fish that shows obvious signs of physical harm(gutted, beaten, frozen etc) such that it can not be released or if the photo is taken at home then the submission will not be accepted unless a photo of the same fish in healthy condition is supplied. In this case please submit the photo showing fish in healthy condition and then send me the other photo privately so that I can clarify whatever needs to be checked(length, token etc).

In cases where a submission shows a fish that can be considered to be healthy(nothing obvious as outlined above) but is n the ice with other dead fish please try and crop the photo to remove the other fish(send to me if you are unsure how to do this).

So far I have been more then happy with photo quality(an improvement from last years...) but as noted we can still make things better.

The Reel Deal,

I hope you understand where I am coming from on these topics and I hope that you will continue to be involved in the derby. You have caught some beautiful fish in this derby and past ones and I would hate to lose your participation over such a minor disagreement...
X2 , I would hate to lose your participation as well TRD , I truly think your one of the guys to beat in this, again its just for fun, and I find its awesome for motivation to get up and fish, Kick TRD ass in PIKE ! Whoooooo lol Tight Lines !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-01-2015, 05:14 PM

37.5" pike give or take

Old 01-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Default My first entry hopefully did this right!!!

[attach]image.jpg[/attach]
Old 01-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Default 27" tiny pike

Just a small little pike to get my pike on the boards, obviously im gonna upgrade this beauty ! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-02-2015, 02:14 PM

Default Perch

12 and 1/2 inches
Old 01-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Default 28ish" eye Harry Dude is my witness

I understand that my ticket isn't visible. I included a pic of my self and have a witness. I was a little excited and was just trying to take a couple quick pics and send her on her way

Last edited by rafhone; 01-03-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:15 AM

Default 42ish" pike

Old 01-03-2015, 06:35 AM

Didn,t have the token but here is my 14" perch.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:08 AM

eye 25 inch perch 13 white 21
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whiets 012.jpg (42.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg whiets 014.jpg (34.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg last2014 012.jpg (47.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 01-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Default cutty

As there are no cutty's yet here's one from yesterday, hope you can read the tape as I didn't have a yellow one. The top fin shows 18.25"
Old 01-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Default walter

28.5 " walleye. Pic when Im done fishing

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-03-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
28.5 " walleye. Pic when Im done fishing
bah pic doesnt show it any over 28 since I couldnt pinch it so I wont bother

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds