Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 12:46 PM

Default Fha announces

Like some of us already knew that they're gonna be doing a joint auction in Toronto with nafa and also their preliminary numbers which are Interesting..everything but muskrats doubled or tripled compared to last years March sale. Rats stayed exactly the same at 115 thousand.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:24 PM
Banned

https://www.furharvesters.com/pdf/pr...seFEB15_20.pdf

Thanks. I just read the release and I’m not sure if this is a good thing or not. Are they announcing a regular auction followed by a fire sale on leftover NAFA fur? Wouldn’t buyers be stingy on the regular auction in anticipation of getting cheap NAFA fur? I only have a couple of red fox left at NAFA but I have red fox, beaver and muskrats in the regular auction. Not big bucks but still......

I wonder if NAFA will send out cheques for the leftover fur that they sell.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:07 AM

I think it's a good idea. This way all the fur will be cleared out of NAFA, the receiver will write the checks, they will be good. In my opinion the last NAFA sale was a disaster as far as prices were and the checks came back. Quality fur that was bought back for years finally sold but at terrible prices, and the checks, well you know. If NAFA is to survive this is the first step.
Thanks for listening
Doug
Old 02-16-2020, 09:39 AM

Default Fha

Guys, we could get slaughtered on prices. Very large offering with combined FHA & NAFA goods and possibly only half the China buyers bidding. Also the mentality that this is a NAFA fire sale!
Old 02-16-2020, 10:35 AM

I think it's good. Use nafa technology so buyers can watch and bid online if they cant go. Big building etc.
Almost all the fur at nafa right now is junk that nobody wanted for the past few sales or private treaty. Mainly coons and foxes. I'm not worried about that at all.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Default fha

I dont see a down side to this .The fur gets sold and nafa can get things going on the right path again.They plan on paying what they owe so lets give them a chance instead of throwing them under the bus .
Old 02-16-2020, 01:13 PM

Just a question, because I have no dog, or dog skins in this fight : Why would NAFA not just have their fur sold in with the regular fur auction. I see no advantage at all to holding effectively two separate auctions, or am I missing something.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbug View Post
I dont see a down side to this .The fur gets sold and nafa can get things going on the right path again.They plan on paying what they owe so lets give them a chance instead of throwing them under the bus .
totally agree
Old 02-16-2020, 06:07 PM

Why don’t the Azzzzzhats honour the NSF cheque’s they wrote????
Old 02-16-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Just a question, because I have no dog, or dog skins in this fight : Why would NAFA not just have their fur sold in with the regular fur auction. I see no advantage at all to holding effectively two separate auctions, or am I missing something.
I would think since fha is pulling the strings now they don’t want to flood their “fresh fur” first auction of the season with Nafa’s unsold leftovers from years past.
I believe too the way fha does their lots is different than nafa did and nafas are already graded and in their lot style.
I would think that lots of nafas leftover fur will be unsold leftovers once again.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 PM

Hope NAFA and FHA both have a strong sale. Hope my female fishers and prime lynx do well o the NAFA auction. Wonder if they are going to charge commission. If they do they can take it out of my bounced cheques.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:22 AM

Fur Harvesters has kindly pledged support for the Kid's Corner at this years Rendezvous in Rocky . Like other events we rely on donations so this is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Co mingling the skins would be a nightmare to track. I can see why they want to keep them separate.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Co mingling the skins would be a nightmare to track. I can see why they want to keep them separate.
I get the comments about not wanting to mix in a bunch of fur that hasn't sold at a number of previous auctions, that sort of makes sense, but I don't follow this at all. The auction can track an individual sellers furs and lots by their tags to ensure payment, how would this be any different.

Regardless, I really hope the leftovers get sold and everyone waiting on money and NSF cheques to be covered gets paid off finally. Look forward to hearing what the sale prices on both come out like. Healthy fur prices help to keep yote, wolf and other animals in check and balance plus it is a great part time job if the money is half decent.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I get the comments about not wanting to mix in a bunch of fur that hasn't sold at a number of previous auctions, that sort of makes sense, but I don't follow this at all. The auction can track an individual sellers furs and lots by their tags to ensure payment, how would this be any different.

Regardless, I really hope the leftovers get sold and everyone waiting on money and NSF cheques to be covered gets paid off finally. Look forward to hearing what the sale prices on both come out like. Healthy fur prices help to keep yote, wolf and other animals in check and balance plus it is a great part time job if the money is half decent.
To have fha and their computer system, then having nafa’s computer system scanning and tracking items in the same auction is probably more the nightmare.
Since both auctions do thing just a little different and nafas are already graded and in lots it would be a nightmare to have fha put them in their system for the auction. Let fha do their thing since this will already be a large change for them, and let fha help nafa do their thing to sell some leftover items keep em seperate.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:59 AM

The Receiver/ Deloitte will take their $$ cut from sale of NAFA furs. They will not honor any NSF checks either. I have seen Receivers in action before, they only consider their own bottom line and will maximize money into their account. They will let furs go at any price to shorten their work and maximize their return.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:44 PM

Like any receivership, the "receiver" is responsible to collect as much cash as possible to try and satisfy the debt. Time is money, so the faster the better. Like any auction of said company assets, the price is what someone is willing to pay at that moment. Quality, or lack there of it, volume of product, and demand, are the contributing factors to final price. Not much manipulating of the pricing when the buyers decide what they what to pay. Any one of us can go to the auction and buy low quality fur at 1-5 cents on the dollar, but what are you going to do with it????? The cold hard facts of business 101.