Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Default Rural Break and Enter alert

I know this is notice is from December 24 but still worth giving the heads up. Maybe someone will even recognize them too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dec24.jpg (37.6 KB, 1087 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 12-26-2015, 05:08 PM

Seen the same description on Facebook on the 24th.
If folks keep seeing them, how is it possible the cops haven't nailed them?

Chase em down a dead end, box em in and wait for the PO PO!

Or post it on Facebook pizzing and moaning all the way.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-26-2015, 05:40 PM

My neck of the woods. Missus is getting nervous being home alone these days, I feel is legitimate. These low life's keep getting more and more balsy.
On one hand you have the thought of having your property ransacked, the other is worrying what happens when you have to defend yourself. Then what will the Mounties charge YOU with.
I've worked hard for everything we have and I'll defend it....
Old 12-26-2015, 06:02 PM

The law should be that if you do a break in enter you should get 2.5 yrs in the pen ,land owners and rural folks should have more rights on posted no treaspassing property ,dig around bit you do have the right to protect your family and property with extreme force ,chicken sht polititians dont even mention more severe laws for these low life shts myou would think that the insurance companies would be trying to get tougher laws in the books
Old 12-26-2015, 07:00 PM

Why aren't they carrying these pictures on the front page of a newspaper, or handing out flyers.
People shouldn't be afraid at home.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:54 PM

Is that one guy caring a gun or stealing one ?
That could change things a bit.
Our neighborhood in Fort Sask got hit at 4 AM Mon 14th.
Garages and vehicles that were open were gone thru.
I got the boot print of the one who took my Yamaha genny and mountain bike from our garage.
Cops responded from a call one street over and thieves left my stuff at front of my house.
Rumor is they drift in from small towns east of Edm.

TBark
Old 12-26-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Is that one guy caring a gun or stealing one ?
That could change things a bit.
It shouldn't matter, he is obviously in possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 PM

Hugenuge is that you???!!!!

Old 12-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmc View Post
My neck of the woods. Missus is getting nervous being home alone these days, I feel is legitimate. These low life's keep getting more and more balsy.
On one hand you have the thought of having your property ransacked, the other is worrying what happens when you have to defend yourself. Then what will the Mounties charge YOU with.
I have been hearing the same these low life scum are getting more aggressive!!. People are starting to not give a crap about what the laws are going to do for them if it came to my family being harmed or victimized I'll defend them with my life and would surely take theirs if need be. Cops are people! too in my eyes and many others we have a right to protect ourselves and family as they do!! and the way things are going in this world and country you're going to see it happen more.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmc View Post
If your able to properly articulate that you feared for your life during a break-in, and your actions were not excessive, you'll be fine. Lots of rumours of people being convicted, not charged, in those situations. Most cases in which the home owner claims self defence, actual evidence shows the home owner escalated the situation, as to "tactically relocating" themselves to prevent a deadly use of force option. Property is not worth killing someone over.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:57 AM

If the police and the courts don't get an upper hand on these sorts of issues. The victims of the crime will surely seek their own justice.

In the words of Russel Peters.
"somebodies gonna get hurt real bad"

http://youtu.be/yVcePxjFujs

There are no absolutes
Old 12-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
If the police and the courts don't get an upper hand on these sorts of issues. The victims of the crime will surely seek their own justice.

In the words of Russel Peters.
"somebodies gonna get hurt real bad"

http://youtu.be/yVcePxjFujs
How are the police to get an upper hand on random crimes of opportunity?
Especially being spread so thin in rural areas . The only tool police can utilize other than proactive patrols are analysts, who geo-plot the incidents and provide likely heightened crime areas. Again, taking someone's life over properly will result in that home owner going to jail. Not worth it.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1602 View Post
How are the police to get an upper hand on random crimes of opportunity?
Especially being spread so thin in rural areas . The only tool police can utilize other than proactive patrols are analysts, who geo-plot the incidents and provide likely heightened crime areas. Again, taking someone's life over properly will result in that home owner going to jail. Not worth it.
I live right next to the new hot bed of criminality.

There are photos galore, and Facebook posts galore, of the suspect vehicle etc etc.
Either arrests get made, or matters will escalate to an unfortunate end.

Yes the victims will end up on the wrong side of the law, if this goes the way it appears it may go.

That's the reality of it.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 PM

It must be frustrating for the police who put in the time to catch these thieves, charge them with a bunch of offences and then the courts let them plead guilty to one or two of the lesser charges and the rest get thrown out. They then get a slap on the wrist and are released to continue stealing.
This is also what is so frustrating to the homeowner whose home is invaded and his hard earned stuff is taken. And if someone is home at the time, I can see how you could feel like using force to defend yourself and your property
Old 12-27-2015, 01:45 PM

Is it just me or is it completely asinine to the point of ridiculous that you are not supposed to defend your property with force?
Jebus willing if I ever win a huge lotto step one is setting up a legal defence fund for the poor s.o.b's that get ran through the wringer for defending there families and property.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Is it just me or is it completely asinine to the point of ridiculous that you are not supposed to defend your property with force?
Jebus willing if I ever win a huge lotto step one is setting up a legal defence fund for the poor s.o.b's that get ran through the wringer for defending there families and property.
It can be hard to wrap ones head around it. However, killing someone over taking your property to me seems ridiculous. I can understand one detaining mr bad guy and using reasonable force to hold him for the police. I'm sure he'll resist a tad too...allocating one to utilize hard hands...In the end, really, it's the phrase "reasonable force" that will determine your outcome in the courts.

H1602
Old 12-27-2015, 02:31 PM

I agree that killing someone over "stuff" is in no way worth it.
The problem is that the bad guys don't see things this way.
Those Mac's clerks should not have been killed over "stuff".
Something needs to be done.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:06 PM

The thief carrying the gun basically determined if someone could die over theft of property.
That's kinda what I meant by saying, the gun changes things.
Chasing someone out of your garage or off your property where a weapon is not involved is one thing.
Will lead to a tackle or beat down at most.
But will you enter your garage hoping he doesn't have a gun, or do you prepare for the worst ?

TBark

Last edited by TBark; 12-27-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:08 PM

Well it kinda depends on the situation I suppose.
If someone snags a Jerry can or something from the yard perhaps deadly force should not be applied but on the other hand if one of these p.o.s enters you home damn right you should be able to empty a clip into them without fear of legal consequences.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I agree that killing someone over "stuff" is in no way worth it.
The problem is that the bad guys don't see things this way.
Those Mac's clerks should not have been killed over "stuff".
Something needs to be done.
I agree, a tragity pertaining to the Mac Clerks.
With the current Liberals in don't expect anything in the Criminal Code to change in relation to harder penalties.. In fact, only current change Liberals are attempting to put forth is to abolish a parents right to spank their child... If anything in the next generation, IMO, this will create an increase in the habitual young offenders programs. So, your right, things need to change, but in reality nothing in the foreseeable future will.
H1602
Old 12-27-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
The thief carrying the gun basically determined if someone could die over theft of property.
That's kinda what I meant by saying, the gun changes things.
Chasing someone out of your garage or off your property where a weapon is not involved is one thing.
Will lead to a tackle or beat down at most.
But will you enter your garage hoping he doesn't have a gun, or do you prepare for the worst ?

TBark
By meeting an offender armed in your garage is esculating the situation.
I'll tell you.. The courts would rather you call 911 and wait upstairs with a loaded gun. Much easier to articulate self defence rather then approaching that threat and attempting to deal with it yourself.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:28 PM

I would or shoot and then I would shut up....literally. When you get accosted by the police, don't say a word. You have the right to not say anything. Anything u say WILL be used against you. Talk to a GOOD lawyer before you or your family open your mouths.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
It can be hard to wrap ones head around it. However, killing someone over taking your property to me seems ridiculous. I can understand one detaining mr bad guy and using reasonable force to hold him for the police. I'm sure he'll resist a tad too...allocating one to utilize hard hands...In the end, really, it's the phrase "reasonable force" that will determine your outcome in the courts.

H1602
Thats fine with what you think The problem is that the bad guys don't see things this way.
Those Mac's clerks should not have been killed over "stuff". And mark my words you will see it happen in a home real soon and thats what's sad!! this will be ridiculous and hard to understand. If you feel like your propety is nothing to you and the thought of having your property ransacked, with you home at the time is cool so be it. Im sure the scumbags that do it to you would love that your that kind of man good luck detaining them for the cops.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
Thats fine with what you think The problem is that the bad guys don't see things this way.
Those Mac's clerks should not have been killed over "stuff". And mark my words you will see it happen in a home real soon and thats what's sad!! this will be ridiculous and hard to understand. If you feel like your propety is nothing to you and the thought of having your property ransacked, with you home at the time is cool so be it. Im sure the scumbags that do it to you would love that your that kind of man good luck detaining them for the cops.
I didn't say property isn't anything to me.. But give your head a shake if you think it's worth killing someone for. I'm all up for defending my family and myself, but property? Come on.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
Go educate yourself on the self defense laws. Defending your life with deadly force is not against the law in Canada. However, shooting someone because they are stealing your TV is ridiculous.

Canada doesn't have castle laws, if you want them, move to the US.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Default Rural break and enters.

I am thinking that some of you have never been robbed or your house broken in to. It is a complete violation of your privacy, and if you have small children it terrifies/traumatizes them for months after. I believe the main problem in Canada is that the justice system is faulted beyond repair and needs an overhaul. Not sure how or with who. The police are just as upset as some homeowners at the lack of justice.

Just my opinion here
Old 12-27-2015, 07:13 PM

We had some thieves steal my neighbours truck, another neighbours quads and dirt bikes and some others had there vehicles broken into. We had some rims and tires stolen also. I will tell you that if I wake up in the night and hear somebody rustling around now and investigate with my 12 gauge.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Property is not worth killing someone over.
Ya it is. 150 years ago you were hung for stealing a mans horse. You were hung for stealing his cows. Maybe if someone broke into a house and there was a possibility that they were going to lose their life, they would probably think twice before doing it. The criminals know that the law works in their favor. Until they change the law so that law abiding citizens have the right to defend themselves with lethal force nothing will change.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Go educate yourself on the self defense laws. Defending your life with deadly force is not against the law in Canada. However, shooting someone because they are stealing your TV is ridiculous.

Canada doesn't have castle laws, if you want them, move to the US.
My tv is far more valuable than any thief's life. A thief's net value to society is a negative value and they should be exterminated. We should have Castle law.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Default Thieves

Steal my tv. You will be working for war amps