Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM

Default Young guys beat coyote to death on film

so what should happen to these guys ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tion-1.4911574
Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM

I would hope that there has to be a hefty fine coming their way...
That's terrible to watch.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 PM

Cant say, the CBC video is edited and does not show much. If the article describes what really happened then they should be charged but without seeing the whole video we cant say for sure what happened. Perhaps they were trying to just put the coyote down as humanely as possible with the tools they had available.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-19-2018, 02:30 PM

I never trust CBC, not ever!!!!
Old 11-19-2018, 02:35 PM

should take them out and run them down with a sled bunch of losers
Old 11-19-2018, 02:37 PM

Simple.
The same done to them what they did to the animal.
They are pure garbage and waste of air.

Last edited by tacomama; 11-19-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:44 PM

I'm not fan of coyotes by any stretch but this is just messed up.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:52 PM

I would say from some of the still shots that they were running the coyote over with there sleds and then killed it in the end by banging its head on the sled. Yes they should be charged and fined.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:05 PM

they all should loss there sleds and then be take behind the barn and get a good --- kicken
Old 11-19-2018, 03:13 PM

This excerpt below says it all. Glad that someone had the sensibility and guts to go to the RCMP. So what is it? Mental illness? Brain damage? Drugs?
All of the above? As the guy says; he hopes they get help.

Excerpt:

"Very disturbing," he said. "That's some very sociopathic behaviour. It's blatantly criminal."

The man said he doesn't know the boys personally but felt compelled to report them. He said he hopes they are held accountable and "get some help."

"I mean, just look at how disturbing that video is, especially when the coyote is sitting there with fear in its face and they zoom in on it and laugh.

"It's just heart-wrenching and disturbing on two ends of the spectrum.

"No sane human would accept that."

Alberta RCMP investigate 'disturbing' video of coyote slowly beaten to death | CBC News

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tion-1.4911574
Old 11-19-2018, 03:19 PM

you cant help these type of losers if they have win cards they should be taken away and never be a loud to have one again
Old 11-19-2018, 03:25 PM

Used to be great sport for people to chase coyotes with snowmobiles and run them over till they were done for. Thankfully, that's now illegal. Good old Facebook, the venue of choice for idiots.

Grizz
Old 11-19-2018, 03:26 PM

Very disturbing, and for the culprits to think it's OK to do something like this is beyond belief.

My neice opened her Instagram account the other day and I guess this was on it - she was horrified and showed her mother who then called the RCMP, apparently they got quite a few calls. I saw some chatter on FB where one of the Mothers of these POS's is defending their behaviour, poor little Johnny, you don't understand!!!! Telling everyone that if they knew a yotie was worth $200 to $500 they'd be doing the same! Unbelieveable....

With the culprits being described as "boys" - may be they are minors and won't get much more than a slap on the wrist??? I hope the authorities press any and all possible charges and that they are treated by the law as Adults and get their just reward, still shaking my head.........
Old 11-19-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
Very disturbing, and for the culprits to think it's OK to do something like this is beyond belief.

My neice opened her Instagram account the other day and I guess this was on it - she was horrified and showed her mother who then called the RCMP, apparently they got quite a few calls. I saw some chatter on FB where one of the Mothers of these POS's is defending their behaviour, poor little Johnny, you don't understand!!!! Telling everyone that if they knew a yotie was worth $200 to $500 they'd be doing the same! Unbelieveable....

With the culprits being described as "boys" - may be they are minors and won't get much more than a slap on the wrist??? I hope the authorities press any and all possible charges and that they are treated by the law as Adults and get their just reward, still shaking my head.........
Gotta love when Mommy chimes in to defend her psyco son. She spawned this POS. Cruelty is an ugly personality trait.

Thomas Sowell

Last edited by pikergolf; 11-19-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:20 PM

No shortage of idiots around GP that's for certain. But that is some kind of disturbing. Humane kill on a coyote and it won't raise my eyebrow. But to enjoy that and laugh about it? That is pretty messed up. Sickening.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-19-2018, 04:27 PM

Those two are gonna regret posting that video in today's social media world. Forever tagged. I heard of this happening 40 yrs ago. I guess idiots still think it's fun to run down yotes with sleds. Hope they learn something from the public shaming and fines that are sure to follow.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:32 PM

When I saw the highlights on my start page when I turned on the computer, I was shocked. I chose not to watch it as I fount the description disturbing enough.We have some serious issues with our society today and I am not sure what the answer is.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:35 PM

I don’t like coyotes but they at least deserve a humane death. Being that this was not hunting I believe they should have their sleds confiscated, drivers license suspension, cruelty to animal charge and some very stiff fines. I can’t believe someone could be so stupid to post that on FB.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM

Everything GP says the police believe they have identified the individuals. No specific charges laid yet.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Everything GP says the police believe they have identified the individuals. No specific charges laid yet.
It will be a slap on the wrist. They’ll have their identical protected and be free to do this again. Their only regret will be that they posted it to Facebook.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
It will be a slap on the wrist. They’ll have their identical protected and be free to do this again. Their only regret will be that they posted it to Facebook.
Probably exactly right. Would be good if they lost their sleds at least.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
They should be tried as adults. If they are not then the parents should have their names released. I find this sickening and repulsive.

Unfortunately is some peoples minds this will equal hunters in general, the hunting community needs to condemn them is strong language.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-19-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I don’t like coyotes but they at least deserve a humane death. Being that this was not hunting I believe they should have their sleds confiscated, drivers license suspension, cruelty to animal charge and some very stiff fines. I can’t believe someone could be so stupid to post that on FB.

Sorry, coyotes deserve respect and some protection. They help keep rodents under control, life would be a lot worse, being overrun by mice and gophers.

Grizz
Old 11-19-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
They should be tried as adults. If they are not then the parents should have their names released. I find this sickening and repulsive.

Unfortunately is some peoples minds this will equal hunters in general, the hunting community needs to condemn them is strong language.
The unedited video was on Facebook I think. All it would take is for someone from GP to recognize them and post their names, I’d have zero issue watching what would happen then. I’d also gladly contribute to a reward to get someone to do exactly that
Old 11-19-2018, 05:09 PM

They say a lack of empathy when torturing any animal is the sign of one mixed up and future dangerous brain.

These “kids” need help.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 05:10 PM

That's sick. Even if coyotes are an issue, killing an animal like that is just sick. Next step is a cat or a dog? Also for fun? There's something wrong with those guys and I doubt a simple fine or spending time behind bars will fix that.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:12 PM

Thumbs down Killers in the making ..

No respect for a life .... karma going to get em, better yet they are exposed.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:24 PM

They need to be taken out back in the snow and whipped and caned for an hour! That yote had more value to our society than these wastes of skin.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:34 PM

Disgusting and incomprehensible.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 11-19-2018, 05:39 PM

And once again idiots post their videos onto Facebook. I don’t understand this, why post your stupid actions onto public social media?? Oh well, their problem now. Same with the idiots riding the moose swimming across Tuchodi Lake.

I guess if you have no morals or ethics and you don’t know the difference between right and wrong, it only makes sense they would use Facebook to show off.
Closed Thread