Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM

Default )))Vanes(((

i wanted to re fletch my arrows and i was thinking what kind to get? what size? or wraps? right now im shooting 4" wraps i was wondering if i could shoot 2" vanes to shoot good with 100 grain broad heads and luminocks, just wondering how good they would fly. Please tell need some advice!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Try the fusion vanes they are my personal favorite.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchap22 View Post
Try the fusion vanes they are my personal favorite.
Fusion are great......if you want a little longer vane try the fusion zeon 3 inch low profile and you will not need the luminok to see your arrow fly they are awesome.......been shooting them for the last two years with great luck
Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
Fusion are great......if you want a little longer vane try the fusion zeon 3 inch low profile and you will not need the luminok to see your arrow fly they are awesome.......been shooting them for the last two years with great luck
i had a quick look at the Norway Industry sight and it only shows a 2.1 inch zeon. Were you refering to the regular fusion?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamen View Post
i had a quick look at the Norway Industry sight and it only shows a 2.1 inch zeon. Were you refering to the regular fusion?
they also have the 3 inch Zeon I have some on the way
Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 AM

where can I find them on their site. Do you have a link. Kind of interested in them. Thanks,
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
How does that work? Can you see them better than normal 3" vanes?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

for 2" the blazers are lighter by 1-2 grains each minimum from recollection when Jim told me about them i asked him to grab a scale over the phone and weigh them compared to the blazers, being a fan of having as much foc as possible it was easy decision to just stick with the blazers

i shot fixed, then made switch to reapers and now love them so last season i shot reapers steered with blazer x2 vanes, saved about 5 grains more off the back end of arrow, they average around 4.72 grains each but when i glue three on a shaft i get 15 grains heavier so the glue makes them about 5 grains each for calculating....the regular blazers go 20 grains for three when i glue em on fyi....keep adding weight if you do fusions

i also changed out my heavier stock nocks that usually run 10 grains or better to easton microlite nocks (basspro has em) which average 7.85 grains each....when it comes to back end of arrow i'm ultra minimalist to keep foc high as possible, no wraps, no lighted nocks

most important though is have fun, i love building new batch of arrows

this year going to give the speedpro 6.2's a try, they average 6.25 gpi over 3 shafts, the nocks are 4.33 grains each and they have a little plastic nock collar that looks to be about 1.5 grains tops which looks heat shrunk on end of shaft....so with 100 grain heads and using the blazer x2 vanes the foc is incredible, i get 14.83 percent when i run it on gold tip calc. with 28" shaft where i was likely around 12 percent with 8.1 gpi shafts last season and microlite nocks and in previous years with similar weight shafts, factory nocks and regular blazers with 100gr tips it was a bit over 10 percent foc....so i can run a 310 grain arrow with almost 15% foc, plenty more spine than i need (.324) and have sizzling speed to boot, will have to watch my draw weight to keep things close to 5gpp with the 65 lb bow as with a d-loop i can add another 5 grain for 315 grains which at 65 lbs would put me about 4.84gpp...so i'd have to drop a pound or two on draw to come in exact 5gpp

i love playing with this stuff

http://www.goldtip.com/calculators.aspx

there is the link to a good calculator, allows you to compare existing setups you've shot to what you want/could build with other shafts/components
Old 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM

thanks for the tips i will be sure to check out the fusions!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

they do look more cool than blazers, will give them that lol
Old 01-14-2012, 02:45 PM

I shoot gateway Razor vanes, they are 2" fletchings (feathers) and are the lightest of any of the 2" options, substancially.

I have shot, Boning Blazers, Norway Fusions, Predator and Duravanes. I have not had any that I could not get to shot spectacularly well.

Invest in a good jig, learn the ins and outs of how to adjust it, and just go to town.

I found that i am pleased with a 4" Boning arrow wrap with 4 Razors. Looks mighty fine and fly like darts. They stabilized as well if not better than any 2" vane or fletch I have tried thus far, they have stablilized Stingers, Slick Tricks, Spit fires, Thunderheads and Muzzys with no complaints.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM

I'm currently shooting 3" Fusions.

Awesome vanes!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I would be interested in these 3" Zeon Fusion vanes as well, do you have a direct site link? All I can find are the 2.1" Zeon Fusions on the Norway site. Or are you maybe shooting the 3" Fusion vanes? Thanks.
2009 Diamond Stud by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge Hitman 3 pin .019 sight, Anchor Sight, G5 Expert II rest, Axion 6" 9oz. stabilizer, Easton Lightspeed 3D arrows, 4" Bohning wraps and 2" Vanes, My Paracord Projects
My Music Exploits,
Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Nevermind, found 'em! You have to go to the store and the option is there! Beauty!
2009 Diamond Stud by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge Hitman 3 pin .019 sight, Anchor Sight, G5 Expert II rest, Axion 6" 9oz. stabilizer, Easton Lightspeed 3D arrows, 4" Bohning wraps and 2" Vanes, My Paracord Projects
My Music Exploits,
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
How does that work? Can you see them better than normal 3" vanes?
Yes you can seem them way better than regular vanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder_sticks View Post
I would be interested in these 3" Zeon Fusion vanes as well, do you have a direct site link? All I can find are the 2.1" Zeon Fusions on the Norway site. Or are you maybe shooting the 3" Fusion vanes? Thanks.
Im shooting the 2.1 Zeons currently but have some 3 inch ones coming.....I shoot prostaff for them and get to see these and have input about the products before the regular public gets to see them......you wont be disappointed at all