Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Nitto Trail Grapplers MT

Just wondering if anyone is running them, and what they think of them!

Just purchased my first truck and am looking to get some 'real' rubber for off-roading! Getting ready for spring bear!!

-Mad
Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 AM

A friend of mine just got a set on his new wheels delivered to him with the Nitto TG MT tires installed on friday. Initial impressions...look good for spring/summer/fall conditions-nice aggressive/open lug. Winter might not be the best as there are no siping. Maybe it can be done after the fact.

As my friend said too...heavy tire also...285x65x18 -from what he was told. And they definately were when I picked them up for him compared to what I run. He is running them on a 2007 GMC CC 2500HD 4x4 diesel.

A tire also to consider would be the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac. Very impressed with this tire in all conditions. Not overly aggressive-but aggressive enough.

We have 2 trucks with over 50 000 km on the tires and very little wear and we drive alot of gravel. Not too much road noise either.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM

While I don't know about the trail grapplers, I had a set of terra grapplers. I was fine with them and the quality so I would assume the quality control shouldn't be an issue with yours.

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Well so far my friend is impressed with the new Nitto MT tires. He uses his truck for work and play. He thought there would be more road noise but its fairly low for an MT tire - possibly b/c the lug pattern is more open.

FOr sure they will dig in the mud.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM

Ive got a set on my 07 Ram 3500. 35X12.50R20. Had them for about a month now. Experience on ice was nothing less than frightening. Now that it has warmed up they offer stellar performance in the mud. I am doing about 100KM of gravel/mud road per day and have experienced little slippage. Even at slow speeds they clear the mud out of the open lugs.

Tim
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks guys!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to give them a go, found a guy in Calgary that can give them to me for a good price, although I am also looking at a set of good year duratracs.

Anyone know of any shops/websites that usually have good prices?

Thanks,
Mad
Old 04-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Fountain Tire stores will be having their 4 tires for the price of 3 really soon I believe. That would be a good deal to wait for.