Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Default wasa lake BC

Anyone been recently. going camping there on the august long and I see bass are in the lake. sure hope we get a camping site........
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 AM

Wasa is not much of a lake -I would call it a big slough..a nice lake in the area is just north of skookumchuck-Premier Lake-nice campground,swimming and lots of hiking trails around
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM

are they small mouth or large mouth bass in there?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 AM

Smile

They are small mouth. But they are not worth catching. Very small and not really worth the effort. Just may as well catch your big toe.

Premier Lake is a good place to camp around there. Also White Swan has some nice campsites. White Tail up by Canal Flats is also a great lake to camp and fish at.

Rob
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM

Default ??????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
They are small mouth. But they are not worth catching. Very small and not really worth the effort. Just may as well catch your big toe.

Premier Lake is a good place to camp around there. Also White Swan has some nice campsites. White Tail up by Canal Flats is also a great lake to camp and fish at.

Rob
Small Bass? Did you say small Bass? My fishing buddy pulled out a 4 pounder out of wasa! The average size we were catching were 2 pounds which is a decent size. I have to admit the bass there are hard to catch but is you know were to look you will find the fish in the 2 to 5 pond range. Also they have a good amount of pumkinseeds and bluegill that are eating size. Bluegill are tasty.