Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2019, 02:32 PM

Default 2005 Chev transmission odd shift/P0332B, P0455B

This is a drawn out symptoms so i will do my best to accurately describe waht is going on.
Truck is having troubles with a delayed or slow shift situation.When I start to drive engine RPMs are normal up to about the 40kmph mark. Once I get to about 40k, engine RPMS rise to sometimes as high as 4500-5000. Ground speed will have a very slow increase and once at about 60km the rpms fall back to normal around 2k, and transmission will shift. The shift is not rough or hard. Just very delayed. The lag that takes place is a good 4-5 seconds of high rpms before the shift.
Truck will also after running for a few minutes on a cold start sitting over night, when you start to drive, engine will surge up and down several types just like you are pumping the gas up and down, when in fact gas pedal is holding still.
Sometimes when trying to accelerate, engine will bog right down to about 500rpm and sputter for few seconds then take off.

What have I done?
Checked transmission oil, while hot and engine running as manual describes. It does not smelled burned or look burned.
Had Hutterite friend of mine use his Mac scanner and found that I had lots of codes 35ish or so. But the only 2 active codes were for engine and they were
P0332B and P0455B. There were no transmission codes logged.
We erased all codes, took truck for a drive tried accelerating from a stop about 4 times and each time, shifting seemed to be normal with no real obvious concerns.
This morning after letting truck run for 5 minutes on a cold start. Started to drive and with in half a block from home, Check Engine light came on and abnormal shifting started up just as before codes were erased.

I also tried driving truck in 3rd gear and shifting is still abnormal.

Was it a fluke that once codes were erased that symptom went away?
Could it be the engine codes are throwing off the sequnece of when transmission should shift?(I dont know the automotive logic sequence, much different than what I use to work on)

Im just not in a position to take truck to transmssion shop, and have them tell me that I need a transmission if I actually dont.

Dont know if it has anything to do with it but truck a year ago was ignorant to fill with gas. would blow out the top and air lock. I removed a line from bottom or that charcoal canister to get venting and now can fuel up faster. No air locking.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:11 PM

I'm no expert and I'm sure you will get all kinds of answers here...It may or may not be related to your last sentence since 455 is an EVAP code. May want to hook that line back up and start there...I have never heard of "B" codes. If you just go n clear codes you probably erased the freeze frame data (operating conditions) under which the codes were set, which will be helpful in diagnosing the actual issue.

You can take it to a reputable shop and have it diagnosed, doesn't mean you have to have them repair it.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:01 PM

One mans opinion but instead of hoping for a solution here, head on over to one of the many forums dedicated to chev trucks. It’s almost guaranteed that a thread already exists that discusses this very problem and likely a solution to go along with it
Old 12-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendero View Post
One mans opinion but instead of hoping for a solution here, head on over to one of the many forums dedicated to chev trucks. It’s almost guaranteed that a thread already exists that discusses this very problem and likely a solution to go along with it
very true. I know theres some knowledgeable folks on here. I just didnt want o have to bother with setting up an account to ask one question on a differentf forum. Is there a particular forum you would recommend?
Old 12-08-2019, 04:33 PM

https://www.silveradosierra.com/transmission/

Try here. A quick search shows that those two codes are not directly related to the transmission.

You don’t need an account to search the forum and view threads

Good luck
Old 12-08-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendero View Post
https://www.silveradosierra.com/transmission/

Try here. A quick search shows that those two codes are not directly related to the transmission.

You don’t need an account to search the forum and view threads

Good luck
Thanks will give it a peak