Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Banned

Default Then Mayor Rob Ford showed up

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...221758926.html

TORONTO – Everything was going great for the Toronto Argonauts in their CFL East Division final against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday. The Argos had a 24-17 halftime lead, were cruising on offence, and appeared poised to play in the Grey Cup for the second year in a row.

Then Mayor Rob Ford showed up.

The media even blame him for the Argo's dropping the ball.

But despite all this, his public still support him:

But once Ford arrived, it turned in to an all-out circus. Or a distraction, more accurately. Fans mobbed him asking for handshakes and photos. Many fans in the 100-level seating stood trying to catch a glimpse, all while the play was going on. There was a heavy security presence around the mayor at all times.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:57 AM

If Ford took over their offensive play calling then I could see blaming him.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Banned

Default funny thing was ....

more people supported him then seemed to be bothered.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 AM

Maybe they can blame the next natural disaster on him too , instead of Harper.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fcNDlhHFNw

funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uisg5IW3zI

funnier
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-18-2013, 08:49 AM

Lol all the habitual drug users are supporting a habitual drug user.

If he married an old man would he have seen higher poll numbers from the gay retired community?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned

Robby ford is a big fat white guy who likes to party!
Still shows up for work and has done a better job than everyone before him.
You guys jealous of all the fun he has or something? I'm not cause I have fun too. I could care less actually. Rob ford represents "the people" that voted him in. Most politicians have their own agenda. Rob wants to cut taxes and spending and have a fun time doing it. What's wrong with that? Robby is already rich! He doesn't want to steal from his people. Everyone makes mistakes and most "real" ppl in the world all regret some things they've done. I am proud of him. I think they should have an election next month to see who the new mayor is. And if he gets voted in by "the people" then everyone shoulkd leave the fat white guy to run his city drink his liquor smoke his pipe until he starts doing a bad job of it.all you holy than thou types maybe should live a lil
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
You guys jealous of all the fun he has or something? I'm not cause I have fun too. I could care less actually. Rob ford represents "the people" that voted him in. Most politicians have their own agenda. Rob wants to cut taxes and spending and have a fun time doing it. What's wrong with that? Robby is already rich! He doesn't want to steal from his people. Everyone makes mistakes and most "real" ppl in the world all regret some things they've done. I am proud of him. I think they should have an election next month to see who the new mayor is. And if he gets voted in by "the people" then everyone shoulkd leave the fat white guy to run his city drink his liquor smoke his pipe until he starts doing a bad job of it.all you holy than thou types maybe should live a lil
well said.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Bwahahahaha.... I didn't know Rob was apart of our AO community, and spoke in the 3rd
Old 11-18-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:

If you were not a recreational drug user, would you support him?

Everyone seems to be fine with someone else doing crazy stupid illegal crap because it does not affect them personally.

I am disgusted with him in the public spotlight. He is a bad face and name for Toronto, Ontario and Canada.

Look on the US forums and see how they are laughing at us.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If you were not a recreational drug user, would you support him?

Everyone seems to be fine with someone else doing crazy stupid illegal crap because it does not affect them personally.

I am disgusted with him in the public spotlight. He is a bad face and name for Toronto, Ontario and Canada.

Look on the US forums and see how they are laughing at us.
I don't support this ford monkey. But the USA should see their books compared to those of Toronto. Probably wouldn't be laughing so hard then.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Ohh I smoked a joint a few weeks ago. Wasn't too bad. Felt pretty good. I honestly don't care what rob ford does in his personal time why the hell do you? Do you live in toronto? Or you just feel like smearing him cause you're a liberal? Or do you feel like it just because you have nothing better to do? He's mayor and done a great job... This is all politics ppl are scared of rob ford and are trying to ruin him. The guy obviously needs a handler to keep him from embarassing hiself. But he's done his job. He's done what the ppl voted him into power to do so buzz off. Maybe you should get some hookers and blow and see how much fun it is! I heard its fun! Never tried yet!! Or go have something to eat at home instead of saying how bad some guy you haven't met or haven't seen smoking crack with your own eyes. Waaaa sounds like a bunch of cranky jealous old guys to me
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Ohh I smoked a joint a few weeks ago. Wasn't too bad. Felt pretty good. I honestly don't care what rob ford does in his personal time why the hell do you? Do you live in toronto? Or you just feel like smearing him cause you're a liberal? Or do you feel like it just because you have nothing better to do? He's mayor and done a great job... This is all politics ppl are scared of rob ford and are trying to ruin him. The guy obviously needs a handler to keep him from embarassing hiself. But he's done his job. He's done what the ppl voted him into power to do so buzz off. Maybe you should get some hookers and blow and see how much fun it is! I heard its fun! Never tried yet!! Or go have something to eat at home instead of saying how bad some guy you haven't met or haven't seen smoking crack with your own eyes. Waaaa sounds like a bunch of cranky jealous old guys to me
Seems a rather empasssioned defence from a guy whose opening position is "Why do you care and how does it affect you?" The same could be asked of you. Lets face it, we all have a fascination and interest in elected officials and their criminal behavior.

As to the original remise of this thread, I think Ford should go, and it doesn't bother me one iota that he attended the game or that he wears an Argo jersey. Good for him, enjoying a little non-drug-related recreation.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Rob Ford and Toronto City Council

I spent most of the afternoon watching the antics of councillors, and Rob Ford, and his brother. The CBC announcer who screeched on the TV that he "attacked" the female councillor was completely false. He was attempting to help his brother who he thought was going to get into an altercation with the public in the "armchair quarterback section", reserved for the public to watch the proceedings. Her lip was never hit at all, as she claims to have a swollen lip,,,,,,,bullcookies,,( In the words of Sherman T Potter). Here is a link to the Rogers TV live coverage of Toronto city council when its in session.

http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?li...id=16&sid=1030

Whether you like him or not, you just can't buy this kind of entertainment. He called out one councillor today on his spending of taxpayers money,,,since Jan 2013, Rob Ford has spent $7,250.00. And he is Grand Poobah over 44 wards in the city of Toronto,,, the councillor that he was on about has spent over $12,000.00 of taxpayer dollars, and he is responsible for only ONE ward out of the 44. Ya gotta admit, he has his facts. And of the two councillors who have been charged and convicted of impaired driving, he did NOT ask them to leave or resign, yet they are amongst the bunch trying to get rid of him. Ohhhh the knives flew back and forth all day, but very few lodged in his back.

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Do we blame Mayor Ford for the Stampeders' lousy performance against the Riders as well?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu9er View Post
I spent most of the afternoon watching the antics of councillors, and Rob Ford, and his brother. The CBC announcer who screeched on the TV that he "attacked" the female councillor was completely false. He was attempting to help his brother who he thought was going to get into an altercation with the public in the "armchair quarterback section", reserved for the public to watch the proceedings. Her lip was never hit at all, as she claims to have a swollen lip,,,,,,,bullcookies,,( In the words of Sherman T Potter). Here is a link to the Rogers TV live coverage of Toronto city council when its in session.

http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?li...id=16&sid=1030

Whether you like him or not, you just can't buy this kind of entertainment. He called out one councillor today on his spending of taxpayers money,,,since Jan 2013, Rob Ford has spent $7,250.00. And he is Grand Poobah over 44 wards in the city of Toronto,,, the councillor that he was on about has spent over $12,000.00 of taxpayer dollars, and he is responsible for only ONE ward out of the 44. Ya gotta admit, he has his facts. And of the two councillors who have been charged and convicted of impaired driving, he did NOT ask them to leave or resign, yet they are amongst the bunch trying to get rid of him. Ohhhh the knives flew back and forth all day, but very few lodged in his back.
I spent no time watching it on TV but I will take your word on it.The problem with the free spending councillor's who have been convicted of a DUI charge is that there is no video footage taken of it nor is there any agenda by the media to persecute them.

Personally I dont care if Rob Ford smoked crack nor do I care if he gets smashed up on booze regularly.Smoking crack is pretty stupid but the guy is obviously not an addicted to it nor a perpetual user as it would most definatly show on him as most if not all crack addicts are emaciated and toothless and dont weigh more than 125 pounds.

In the grand scheme of things Rob Ford has cut spending and taxes as Mayor of Toronto and he has made a lot of the citizens of Toronto happy with his job performance thus far.There have been no DIRECT accusations thus far that he was under the influence of any drug legal/ill-legal whilst doing his job as Mayor of Toronto.If that is the case and he has public approval of his job performance I dont think he should be removed as Mayor.Though I wish he would do a road trip to Calgary and party with Spend-Shi and give him some pointers on how to control beaurocrats with tax dollars.

On the Oh-F8^k factor Rob Ford seriously should take a time out and visit the Betty Ford clinic for some RRR which would be Rest/Relaxation/Rehab just to get himself clean.

And before anyone decides to tarnish me with the taint of the casual drug user AKA pothead I do not use any drugs.

FTH
Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Do we blame Mayor Ford for the Stampeders' lousy performance against the Riders as well?
I watched the game of turnovers and I completely, wholeheartedly believe that the Stampeder's jerseys are to blame.

I mean honestly, who wears super sleeeek satin shirts besides the cheerleaders and Bob Guccioni?

Watch the replays and you will agree.