Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2022, 12:25 PM
AO Sponsor

This is an awesome thread! Thanks for the post!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 08-05-2022, 12:35 PM

X2 sns. Good to see the youth getting out and away from the gaming in front of the tube. 270, you are indeed an inspiration to so many young folks out there who are missing out on what life and the outdoors has to offer. Good job.

PS. Nice hat, Dundee!!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:43 PM

Thanks so much guys! That would make me really happy if I could inspire another kid too. The reason I live fishing so much is it never gets boring. I’ll sit along the river some days and catch nothing and still have a blast.

P.S Howard. It’s a new hat I picked up since I found out my other felt hat from the 60s is to nice to wear outside. I met a horse farrier who warned me that the hat could be worth a lot in some years and I should keep it in side lol. Was a gift from a very generous landowner.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:27 PM

late read but looks like ya had an absolute blast out there! def reminds me of the passion i had for fly fishing in my early teens before i got caught up in highschool... shoot me a dm if you ever wanna go fishing- i'm always in search of a fishing buddy! i'm a little older but not too far off from ya lol

cheers and tight lines!
Old 09-05-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylane19 View Post
late read but looks like ya had an absolute blast out there! def reminds me of the passion i had for fly fishing in my early teens before i got caught up in highschool... shoot me a dm if you ever wanna go fishing- i'm always in search of a fishing buddy! i'm a little older but not too far off from ya lol
I’ve already switched gears to bowhunting but in the spring I’ll be back at it again. I’ll keep you in mind and shoot you a pm if I got time. It seems like it’s a challenge to find young guys who fly fish nowadays so thanks for reaching out. Take care
Old 09-05-2022, 09:42 PM

Yep! Great adventures, pics and stories here. Thanks for the reports. And good on you for getting outside and enjoying it all. It sure has been a sweet summer. A little dry ending but we cannot complain. Keep em coming!
Old 09-06-2022, 12:43 AM

Also just reading this now. Love the write up and pictures. Thanks for posting! Sometimes I wonder how many adventures from my teens I’ve forgot about. Good luck with the bow!