Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Ding ding ding.
First the fan boys brag about the speed, but later in the same post when called out about way over length draw lengths giving false speeds they say they don't care about speed.

The only thing apa has ever developed is the suit case handle and ass scratcher, everything else is run of the mill.
I like the ass scratcher.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Ding ding ding.
First the fan boys brag about the speed, but later in the same post when called out about way over length draw lengths giving false speeds they say they don't care about speed.

The only thing apa has ever developed is the suit case handle and ass scratcher, everything else is run of the mill.
....Opps...can't read so good huh...

[QUOTE=L.O.S.T.Arrow;3129299] Oppps...Some of you Techno-whizzez didnt see the point about hijacking the OPs simple question and post!!!!

So here is the place for that Homers...
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=278612

slam away there...

lol

Neil[/QUOTE

PS...I shoot the Viper Air...one of the slowest bows they make....so ya speed obviously means little to me...maybe ya need double lense on them specs instead of guns there....
Lol
Neil
Old 02-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
....Opps...can't read so good huh...

Oppps...Some of you Techno-whizzez didnt see the point about hijacking the OPs simple question and post!!!!l
Sorry your highness, I didn't realize you were allowed to and no one else. I'm sorry your butt hurt mr.thread police.

Quote:
..maybe ya need double lense on them specs instead of guns there....
Lol
Neil
Oooo ouch, good one.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 PM

LOL ....nice
Old 02-03-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
Spend more time practicing and less time trying to figure out a way around accuracy, with the speed your shooting accompanied with that heavy of an arrow you'll be fine with regardless.
I can shoot just fine thanks but if chit hits the fan insurance is nice.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:32 AM

As you can see JB from the post that jig made.

He's a great ethical hunter. Practice for the perfect shot. Problem is there may not be that perfect shot. I'm not saying take a shot that is not perfect. I'm saying what if the animal moves.

This is why I lean toward a mid weight arrow 500 range just in case the animal moves.

When I build arrows for myself or help others. We look at them in case shots.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I can shoot just fine thanks but if chit hits the fan insurance is nice.
Lol didn't mean you couldn't and I agree insurance is nice, I'm used to shooting a recurve that shoots half my compound fps and it's killed lots of animals, relying much more on placement... and a heavy ass arrow lol
Old 02-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Default Better bows to be had.

Every one makes a good bow some better then others but from the times I have been fortunate enough to try and help some friends out with APA bows it has been a night mare, there tolerances they have for limb defection is not up to the same standards as most other companies. The reason this is important is the they use a old school two cam that and if defection of the limbs is off it is nearly impossible to time. Next there boasted speeds are off and no where near advertised, as well as specs. when they say 28'' draw length its really a 29'' or if they say brace height of 5'' its 4.5''. The other fact is if there a Canadian made bow why are there prices so high ? Just my thoughts
Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Personally best bow out there right now...lol

Was never a short ATA bow shopoter...however the Viper AIR right out of the box I shot 8 Robin Hoods with first 80 arrows...couldnt believe how accurate it is, and how well I could shoot it...soooo comfortable and smooth,

Was a 20 yr Mathews shooter before the APA Air and Nano, shot the Nano and AIR and sold all the Mathews, Least problems of any bow I have ever owned...

Im 28/66 and shot pass thrus on elk...its all the bow I will ever need!

If needed parts are simply overnight delivery
Awesome quaility, inovations and Proud to be Canadian

Neil
Neil- you had to know saying anything is the best out there would draw controversy.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas N View Post
Neil- you had to know saying anything is the best out there would draw controversy.
Doug ...yup was just a personal opinion as stated...guess I will just keep bow brand opinions to myself ...some just cant handle it, what started out with a personal opinion, taking and giving some banter and humour with friends ...sparked out the extreme hecklers...

Neil
Old 02-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean o View Post
Every one makes a good bow some better then others but from the times I have been fortunate enough to try and help some friends out with APA bows it has been a night mare, there tolerances they have for limb defection is not up to the same standards as most other companies. The reason this is important is the they use a old school two cam that and if defection of the limbs is off it is nearly impossible to time. Next there boasted speeds are off and no where near advertised, as well as specs. when they say 28'' draw length its really a 29'' or if they say brace height of 5'' its 4.5''. The other fact is if there a Canadian made bow why are there prices so high ? Just my thoughts

Personal opinion here not to de rail the thread either but I would say 2 cam is definitely not old school. The timing problems arise when everyone expects a bow to shoot the same from the day they bought it until the end of time. Lol. I shoot a mamba m7 and I won't trade that bow for anything. My m7 and slick tricks= meat on the table and long nights packing game out. Apa prices their bows the same as everyone else or less.
As for the original thread. I THINK apa makes the best bows around. Easy to tune and easy to shoot. Not to mention the leatherman of bows and Canadian made.