Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Unhappy Summer holidays cancelled due to pending surgery, hopefully all done before hunting season begins

The kids are all dissapointed, as we had to cancel all our holiday plans. Our trip to Victoria, fishing on the ocean will all have to wait untill next year.
As I mentioned in an earlier thread I have been playing gineau pig lately and getting all sorts of tests done. To add to it three weeks ago I had a minor heart attack. not much fun.
Last Tuesday I saw my doctor and he told me from the test results that he had back, things looked fine. Just to do things moderately and I should be fine.
That night I got a call from the doctors office , they wanted to see me asap... I said I would come in tomorrow.
That morning I trimmed three horses in about an hour, was short of breath, but getting used to that. Got cleaned up and drove into the city to see the doctor.
Knew something was up as he was way too serious... First of all he told me that i had an appointment with a surgeon on the 22nd to get my gal bladder removed as it had multiple large stones. No big deal, right?
But first we have to get you into a cardiovascular surgeon........... your have an aneurism in your heart.................... Do NOTHING physical (glad I got the horses trimmed before I went to see him) and lie down and rest when you get pressure or pain in your chest... kinda hard to do when the pressure is 24/7, but thats what they want me to do.
Apparently I also have a valve that is starting to revese and three others that are allowing blood to leak backwards. Soo now waiting for surgery. Doctor told me to do absolutely nothing, compared it to a baloon with a weak spot, any pressure and bang ballon pops, if it burst I would die....
Hoping this is scheduled quickly and it heals up fast...
Sure glad I 999'd my sheep draw, but will probably get drawn for trophy antelope, so hope if I do I can get out to hunt.
Still planning to deer hunt with all of you that I promised to. I have two more kids hunting this year too, so I will not dissapoint them.
Just looks like summer is messed up, glad they found it, Now just have to get in and get it done................
Please pray all goes well and I get in right away, I am confident that it will all be fine, just hate the waiting game.
Thank you to all of you who have offered their support and prayers, it is all very appreciated!

Last edited by Stop Staring at my Rack; 07-09-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 PM

As I'm sure you know by now ...with medical procedures you're always waiting for something...so don't take any chances.... The next time you look down on a sheep, you want it to be from a mountain top!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Holy smokes. Hopefully they get you all fixed up pronto and you're back to your old self in no time.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM

very sorry to hear that, hopefully your doing better by next hunting season.
good luck with your upcoming surgery, hope it all goes well!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM

Thinking about you. I hope it all goes well. The kids will get over it, make sure you do!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Be happy they found it now and not during the autopsy. You will be back at it in know time. You better be on your azz right know.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
As I'm sure you know by now ...with medical procedures you're always waiting for something...so don't take any chances.... The next time you look down on a sheep, you want it to be from a mountain top!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
Be happy they found it now and not during the autopsy. You will be back at it in know time. You better be on your azz right know.
Thanks everyone

So very thankful they did find it before it blew, sad thing is the doctor I saw at the hospital dismissed it and told me nothing was wrong with my heart, just sometimes people who are in pain have a racing and irregular heart rate........ sent me home after six hours. Saw my own doctor the next day and he freaked out. Sent me for a whole buch of heart tests, CT scans, MIBI, Holter Monitor, Stress Test. But they found nothing concrete till they did an echocardiogram.
Really hard to sit on your but and do nothing, I hate to sit still, do not watch TV and spend little time on the computer. Puttered around the garden today, ............. spent a lot of time in a lawn chair and at the campfire lately, kids are fine as they have tents set up in the pasture and have been sleeping in them for 14 days already! They have shot over 3000 pelets and the gopher population is shrinking fast!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Rack View Post
Thanks everyone

So very thankful they did find it before it blew, sad thing is the doctor I saw at the hospital dismissed it and told me nothing was wrong with my heart, just sometimes people who are in pain have a racing and irregular heart rate........ sent me home after six hours. Saw my own doctor the next day and he freaked out. Sent me for a whole buch of heart tests, CT scans, MIBI, Holter Monitor, Stress Test. But they found nothing concrete till they did an echocardiogram.
Really hard to sit on your but and do nothing, I hate to sit still, do not watch TV and spend little time on the computer. Puttered around the garden today, ............. spent a lot of time in a lawn chair and at the campfire lately, kids are fine as they have tents set up in the pasture and have been sleeping in them for 14 days already! They have shot over 3000 pelets and the gopher population is shrinking fast!
I wish you the best of luck in your surgeries and I will pray for you. For the sake of your children, take it easy. Ain't nothing that can't wait until you're patched up properly. If you get your surgery soon, I'm betting you're good to go for November!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:17 PM

Stop Satring at my Rack, I wish you the best of luck and hope everything pans out just fine for you. Keep us up to date on things and make sure to take it easy.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 07-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Jeez... and I was whining about my ankle. OK... DON'T be like me, and heed the advice those guys in white gave you, bud. Take care.

Frans
Old 07-10-2010, 01:15 AM

Your a strong person Haeli, stay positive !
Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

keep your chin up haeli. we're all pulling for you.

ill keep my eyes open for an antelope for you. i work all over the south so let me know what zone you have and i should be able to point you in the right direction.

dale
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
keep your chin up haeli. we're all pulling for you.

ill keep my eyes open for an antelope for you. i work all over the south so let me know what zone you have and i should be able to point you in the right direction.

dale
Thanks I will let you know what zone I get . I appreciate the offer.

Thank you to all of you for the support, I will be fine, as I don't think God is done with me yet... plus I saw my deer the other day, he is bigger than the last one, that is incentive enough to get better real fast and try and do a repeat of last deer season....lol
Old 07-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

Wow. So sorry to hear. I don't know you, but I hope things turn out. Very sobering to read. Kinda puts things in perspective.
Good thoughts sent.....
Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 AM

I had bypass surgery approx five years ago, I can't say that it was easy, I was terrified being only 41 at the time! I had surgery at the Foothills hospital, the surgeon was a Dr. Teresa Kieser she was phenomenal and really put me at ease with my pre surgery visit with her. Good luck to you, everything will be just fine, I still feel great now, you won't believe the difference
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM

As Wayne said, the kids will adjust. Sounds like they are doing real well in their 'hunting camp'. Our prayers are with you during the wait, trusting that all goes well in the hospital and a speedy recovery!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:57 PM

best of luck, take it easy.

You are already lucky as someone mentioned. Aneurisms are nasty and stealthy.

November is still a long time off.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaberg View Post
best of luck, take it easy.

You are already lucky as someone mentioned. Aneurisms are nasty and stealthy.

November is still a long time off.
Well said Altaberg.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 AM

I realize how lucky I am, glad they found it. Saw the doctor again today, had an apparent stroke on Wendsday afternoon, now on blood thinners. I sure hope they call me in for surgery soon............................