Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Welcome back sir!!! Apparently you have been hitting the bottle!!
lmao...i thought the same thing
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 AM

Default Flames

Quote:
We might just win the cup and then think about our options over summer
Hmmm, getting ready for a gig at yukyuk's i'm guessing???

Quote:
Jarome to LA would make sense. Schen in Calgary would make sense too!!!! I don't know what teams would want from the Flames????
Iggy yeah kind of because the Kings have lots of cap room and lots of young talent to give in exchange. But Schenn to Calgary?? not very likely, maybe 3 first round draft picks....which is kinda defeating the purpose of building.

Quote:
As I have mentioned best thing to do is trade what you can now and closer to the deadline get what you can draft wise for Kipper and Iggy thats the only assets that are tradeable IMO
They have to blow it up and the fans have to be prepared for a couple of years of non playoff contention, the win now mentality got them as far as the 2nd round. Get what you can and rebuild a new team with a new culture and see where it takes you. Can't be worse than it is, struggle to make the playoffs against the cap, or miss the playoffs anyway and have hope for the future with a bunch of kids who actually want to be there.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
Iggy yeah kind of because the Kings have lots of cap room and lots of young talent to give in exchange. But Schenn to Calgary?? not very likely, maybe 3 first round draft picks....which is kinda defeating the purpose of building.
Trying to get 1 draft pick out of Lombardi is almost impossible let alone 3 first rounders!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Winter Classic start time has been bumped back to 8:00 EST. CBC has said they will still carry it so it looks like for once the Leafs will not be on HNIC!!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Winter Classic start time has been bumped back to 8:00 EST. CBC has said they will still carry it so it looks like for once the Leafs will not be on HNIC!!
Toronto might implode.

good win by the boys last night!!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Well i hope we have an ACTUALL...Battle of Alberta tonight!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:33 AM

The haters must have went to bed early tonight
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Don't know where they went... but you know who I am... a closet (cabin) flame fan..... I still owe you for that one
Happy New Year, Jeff...
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Don't know where they went... but you know who I am... a closet (cabin) flame fan..... I still owe you for that one
Happy New Year, Jeff...
HaHa you as well Doug ..

Im not sure what kind of tcam pics you have of me so I try not to pick on you to much
Old 01-02-2011, 12:55 AM

hmmm. 4 in a row. I am totally at a loss for what I think they should do. on one hand I hate to see them lose. on the other hand I am not sure if they have the team speed and talent to carry them very far. I am thinking we should take a wait and see approach and let Feaster institute his plan. He may just have enough tricks up his sleeves to be able to right the ship without a total team blow up. One thing I am really liking about feaster is his humble approach. He seems like the type who has learned from his mistakes in the past and is willing to admit it and adapt. He knows he buggared up in Tampa when richards, st louis, and lecalvilear got there massive contracts that handcuffed the organization. Time will tell, I don't expect much player movement until the trade deadline approaches. It seems teams in a playoff spot are usually willing to give up draft picks for depth defensman. We have ample d-men that may fetch a pick or two.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
lol...nah, im still here BB416. I will even go as far as to say the better team did win tonight.

The oilers...mixed feelings on this one, on one hand they do look like a team that lost 5 or 6 straight. However for a team that did lose that many straight you would think they would be flying out there, which wasnt the case. After watching the first few minutes of the game i knew they were going to lose, flames were skating good and beating what should of been a fast team to the loose pucks all the time. There is still going to be alot of high and lows to this team, and i am surprised it was only a 1 goal game
Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
hmmm. 4 in a row. I am totally at a loss for what I think they should do. on one hand I hate to see them lose. on the other hand I am not sure if they have the team speed and talent to carry them very far. I am thinking we should take a wait and see approach and let Feaster institute his plan. He may just have enough tricks up his sleeves to be able to right the ship without a total team blow up. One thing I am really liking about feaster is his humble approach. He seems like the type who has learned from his mistakes in the past and is willing to admit it and adapt. He knows he buggared up in Tampa when richards, st louis, and lecalvilear got there massive contracts that handcuffed the organization. Time will tell, I don't expect much player movement until the trade deadline approaches. It seems teams in a playoff spot are usually willing to give up draft picks for depth defensman. We have ample d-men that may fetch a pick or two.
Mule, I aggree. we will see movement around the trade deadline. But this team needs to go. Though I appreciate the 4 in a row, it's just a mirage.

Jamie
Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Mule, I aggree. we will see movement around the trade deadline. But this team needs to go. Though I appreciate the 4 in a row, it's just a mirage.

Jamie
Ah a sane voice of reason...from an Oiler fan I hope you guys stay pat and limp into 9th in the West....do nothing at the Draft and have an identical team next year.....that be awesome !
Old 01-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
11 players control their own destiny!!! That is half of the team!!! Tough to make too many moves even at the deadline when all your valuable assets get final say!! Look for it to be a quiet finish to the year with movement possibly starting around the draft. Unless a couple contenders make pitches at the likes of Iginla or Kipper.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 PM

I would wager both Philly and LA are making pitches for either or
Old 01-02-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
I would wager both Philly and LA are making pitches for either or

LA would be in the market for Jarome and yes they could afford either of them. I agree that Philly would most likely love to get Kipper his contract may be an issue. They are very very tight on cap space as is!! It could be done but take some work.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 PM

Talking

No trading the farm,,just yet,,,,this team is now starting to jel,,got a great defensive core,,forth line is playing well ,iggy is playing good ,,i prayin flames make the playoffs,.flames won the cup in 04 ,still a lot of pride on this team.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Detroit in Van tonight, good low scoring game.
Anyone see the gal in behind the penalty box with the 2 twins on her "T" shirt,
Too funny.

TBark
Old 01-15-2011, 02:45 PM

And so the rematch goes tonight.....
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 PM

not much of game but the leafs will find a way to win....

GO LEAFS GO
Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 PM

Thats what i'm talking about....
Old 01-15-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Thats what i'm talking about....
Talkin bout the Flames, eh.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Talkin bout the Flames, eh.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Is it just me or doe Kevin Weeks drive anyone else crazy???? I can't stand him at all!! He is now even trying to make his own catch phrases, Ryan Smyth is getting totally sandy tonight!! What the crap is sandy??????
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Default Flaaaaaaammes

Never 'ever ''trade iggy,,best player in the NHL right now....this is prime time iggy got years left, right now,,ppppppppppplease don't trade iggy .make the play off trade a great''' goalie' in kipper ,,, what can we get? centre man,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,L A kings.O by the way Great game Tonight,,,Men.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
iggy,,best player in the NHL right now....this is prime time iggy got years left
Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM

Great game.... IGGY,,u R the man.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Flames suck, as do the Leafs ah and lets not forget the coilers. Ahhhhh good days to be a Canuck fan hey boys
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 PM

'bout what I'd expect from two teams rebuilding.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM

NO ,...rebuilding for the flames,,,if the boy's make the play offs..going to be tuf ,,war,,sutter way !!great coach.

Tags
ducks