Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2020, 04:23 PM

Default BC Trips

Hi All,
Just planning some summer holidays and in years past I have fished The Babine river for trout/Sockeye. Skeena drainage around Smithers for Steelhead. Kitimat river for Chinook/Chum/Pinks. Bella Coola river for Chum/Pinks. Wells Gray park for Rainbows. I enjoy camping and prefer "roughing it". Also enjoy hiking streams for many km. For myself this creates an amazing fly fishing experience and allows one to hit the "reset" button for a week.
Anyway just pondering the next adventure for this summer and would love to hear of anyone's suggestions...Salmon, Trout, or Grayling. Likewise, if anyone would like information on the above locations to create a low cost/self guided trip I would be happy to share. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:24 PM

Default BC

I will never step foot in BC Again.
**** those *******s !
I have owned 2 houses over the years in Small town BC.
Paid my taxes and was a good resident.
My last trip to the East Kootenays was 2017.
After a few negative experiences from BC Locals and a Political Up swell of Hatred and Vitriol from Government and local behaviour, I have decided to not play anymore.
They have made there desires well known.
Now it is time to Boycott all BC Products and stop them from coming to Alberta..
Let those Liberal Dog Farts drown in there false beliefs..
Old 03-06-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfs View Post
I will never step foot in BC Again.
**** those *******s !
I have owned 2 houses over the years in Small town BC.
Paid my taxes and was a good resident.
My last trip to the East Kootenays was 2017.
After a few negative experiences from BC Locals and a Political Up swell of Hatred and Vitriol from Government and local behaviour, I have decided to not play anymore.
They have made there desires well known.
Now it is time to Boycott all BC Products and stop them from coming to Alberta..
Let those Liberal Dog Farts drown in there false beliefs..
The Kootenay’s has a reputation of be extra special to people who are not from the area. Most your messed up Liberals are in the south and mostly southwest. Unfortunately northern BC has no voting power and that is where the normal people can be found

Politically BC is screwed and that is why I left but there is still parts of BC with great people. Unfortunately it’s similar to Canada how the east has the voting say over the west. The only difference is it’s south over north in BC

To the OP what do you want to experience and what region? From a boat or shore fishing?
Old 03-08-2020, 08:59 PM

River fishing preferred. Walk and wade or pontoon friendly drift. Any region.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:17 PM

How was the Bella Coola and area? I was supposed to go there a few summers ago but cancelled because the fires were closing highways etc.

I’m headed out to the island again. Probably a little early for pinks in the rivers but I’ll try for anything off the shore.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:40 AM

Have a look at the dease lake area the dease River has some great trout and grayling in it lots of other streams in the area. I’ve only been up to chetwynd once lots of great fishing rivers from there down hwy 97.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robson3954 View Post
How was the Bella Coola and area? I was supposed to go there a few summers ago but cancelled because the fires were closing highways etc.

I’m headed out to the island again. Probably a little early for pinks in the rivers but I’ll try for anything off the shore.
Bella Coola is an amazing area. The Bella Coola river is full of Pinks and Chum in August. The Atnarko river is an amazing Rainbow fishery. Beautiful area! Lots of bears and wildlife. We stayed at the Rip Rap campground right on the river.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:54 PM

The chetwynd/tumbler/pine pass area can be good for bulls and grayling pine, Sukunka, Murray and most of the decent size rivers are good. It’s easy to get around in a truck or car and explore. if you are willing to walk or float it can be really good but fish within sight of your vehicle is so so. This is a very cost effective trip.

Dease lake area like GMX mentioned is a good option
Old 03-09-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikemaster View Post
Bella Coola is an amazing area. The Bella Coola river is full of Pinks and Chum in August. The Atnarko river is an amazing Rainbow fishery. Beautiful area! Lots of bears and wildlife. We stayed at the Rip Rap campground right on the river.
Lots of bears is an understatement! Mind you I've only fished there in late September to mid-October for the coho runs.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the suggestions all!