Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-25-2023, 11:27 PM

Default Heading for Southern Alberta from BC

We have sold our home in the rain forest in the Fraser Valley of BC.
The Boss and I have been seduced by the advertised 333 Days of Sunshine in Lethbridge and or Medicine Hat and points between... Cold and wind is no problem. The thought of living in a Province that stands up against the federal gun Seizure and that respects my lawfully owned property gets my attention.. Cheaper gas, no Provincial sales tax also aided in the decision to make the move. Lifelong hunter in BC and looking forward to the challenges of hunting new terrain under different rules.. Its been a dream to take Big old Prairie Bucks.. Muley and Whitey.. I hope my new residency affords that opportunity. I want to see if speed goat tastes like his white mountain cousin. We head out there tomorrow to start checking homes and communities . Looking around Taber , Vauxhall , Bow island, and south toward Stirling. So my trusted Outdoors men and women, any place to avoid ? Or any community to recommend? ....I like friendly farmers who might grant access, for birds and training dawgs, access to bucks , a good range ,That Taber facility looks pretty sweet! Oh ya we are retirees so proximity to health care is important, and a Good Vet for the dawgs.. Thanks in advance
Old 05-26-2023, 12:09 AM
Banned

Hold on bud! Wait until after the 29th, you could be in for a bunch more of the same, as we all could be! I hope Albertans get this one right, but I have my doubts.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Hold on bud! Wait until after the 29th, you could be in for a bunch more of the same, as we all could be! I hope Albertans get this one right, but I have my doubts.
Agreed ,i am afraid the No Damn Principles party has a big following here and reelection could be disastrous...also big mule bucks and speed goats are in a longtime draw wait down here and you may get a draw or 2 for each in 15 years ..if you are.lucky so don't be too optimistic about hunting them every year ..a nonresident using an outfitter has a much higher chance at them than residents do .

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2023, 06:36 AM
Banned

don't know why you guys have your nickers twisted over the dippers......they're going to give us everything for free and if you aren't already retired, all you have to do is sit back and wait for the welfare checks to roll in. no more working for anyone, YAY!

back to living places. the places you're considering all sound ok. taber is a nice little town with a hospital. stirling, not, but its close to raymond if you're lucky enough to get a family doctor (not easy)

why is this in the trapping section?
Old 05-28-2023, 07:28 AM
AO Sponsor

Do you trap at all?

Your selected region has generally friendly landowners. Around bigger enters like Calgary tougher, east slopes too