Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-23-2015, 09:36 PM

Smile Elk Hunt 408, deer in 406

If anyone wants to go hunting in 408 or 406 this season shoot me a PM. I have done all the GIS scouting and need to do some on foot scouting in Sept for a good camp spot and where the Elk are hanging out.

I am a young guy and always enjoy company. I find that folks helping each other out ends up making things easier for all involved.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:37 AM

Default New Hunter, Looking for a responsible mentor!

I have a 4x4 with cap, a Tikka T3 Hunter 300WSM with a Vortex 2.5 - 10x, 10x50 binoculars.
I could use a hand and a place to setup this firearm. Firearm and scope are leveled but not sighted. Otherwise I'm relegated to Sibbald Flats.
I got my Hunters ed. and PAL through AHEIA.
I live in Calgary.
I have Anterless Elk tags for WMU#527

I am looking for a mentor. I want to learn sound hunting and conservation practices and practical safety out in the field.

I do not want to be that guy that litters, cuts mud ruts into trails, doesn't ask for permission to access or doesn't give notice that I am accessing on leased land. I do not want to go around spotting farmers fields. I do not want to shoot trees or signage or TV's etc. I do not want to shoot unless its correct to do so. I do not want to scope other hunters. I do not want to maim game or destroy their habitat.

I do want to be a good hunter. Shoot me a pm. Avoiding AO trolls is like being an Elk hiding during rut.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:14 AM

I'm from Ontario Canada, its my dream to bow hunt elk. I have a family friend who owns 3 sections of land in Pincher Creek. he does not hunt so I'm looking for someone to help me out.. I'm looking for someone who has hunted elk and can teach me the ropes. Im 40 and in good shape and just love to hunt.. Im willing to trade a hunt or help out in anyway.. Thank you
Old 08-26-2015, 05:27 PM

Default whitetails in 412

I'm a Calgary-based hunter (40) who missed out on the draw and is planning to hunt 412 for regular season whitetails. Looking for a buddy with some hunting experience for scouting/hunts. If interested, pls DM me.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:14 AM

Default Hunting Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy590A1 View Post
Hi my name is James. I live in Westlock county and I am looking for a hunting partner. Currently starting on coyotes near my place. I have permission from the land owners. I have never field dressed a kill or taken a pelt. I am however a fast learner. I am looking to take some pelts for rifle holsters, rugs, quivers. I am excited for the 2015 Deer and Bird seasons. I would definitely be interested in black bear this spring as well. I am pretty green, but a good shot up to 200 yards. Thanks for your consideration.

I am available almost every weekend and some weekdays. PM me if interested.

Transportation:
2011 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Acticat 580
Firearms:
Marlin 336xlr 30-30 Nikon 3x9
Savage 93r .17hmr bushnell 3x9
Mossberg 590A1 12ga Smooth barrel 18 1/2"
Calls / decoys:
Primos dog catcher
mojo critter
walkies
Hi Bud;
If you interested in taking out an older guy, I'll be more than happy to share some of the things I have learned over probably the last 35 year or so from hunting.
I am 48 and hunting is one of my life's passions. I haven't gotten out at all since moving to Alberta and I am here 14 years now. This year I'll be out whether I find a hunting partner or not.
Let me know and we can meet up for a coffee sometime.
Either message me back here or text me @ 780-218-6781... One of my past co-workers is from West Lock... Chantelle Sauve...

Take care
Old 08-27-2015, 09:56 AM

Default Goose partner

I'm looking to start goose hunting and looking to see if anyone near the edmonton area would be willing to teach me. I've been duck hunting on a lake for the last 3 years but looking to start field hunting.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:38 AM

Default Penhold

I hunt south east of red deer as a local option. Also hunt out west. My main goal this year is a doe for meat. I of course want a trophy as well. I know of 2 bedding areas on 2 separate pieces of crown land holding mature bucks. Looking for a partner and friend for this coming season and future. I am a still hunter for the most part. I'm equipped for archery and rifle. Also for waterfowl.I usually hunt alone but I think I would like someone to trek with. I'm turning 30, have a 6 year old daughter and a fantastic woman. Looking for someone compatible around the red deer area.

Pretty late but thinking about setting up a stand tomorrow for bow season out east....
Old 08-29-2015, 08:28 PM

Default Wmu 520

I've got the late season moose tag for 520 in November. I was wondering if anyone in the area would be interested in going out for a couple of the days. Probably in the first week of November.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:06 PM

Hey everyone, I jus got back home spent the day out in strathcona (near parents acreage) set up a trail cam spotted some fresh prints of both deer and moose. We'll see what the trail cam shows up. I have a muddy partner 17' tree stand ready to set up if the area is active. I will be using a bow and I'm shooting within a 3"grouping at 30 yards from the stand. I've only seen 2 deer been field dressed before and I'm wondering if there are any mentors out there that wouldn't mind to tag along to show me some tricks of the trade. Please shoot me a pm and we could arrange a morning or afternoon hunt. Thanks

Ps I also have almost all the accessories, hoist, quad, truck, grunt/bleat calls. Also have 7mm rem mag tikka t3 lite and outfitter tent for longer trips In the bush the wifey also enjoys the camping side of things and the dog is dyin to retrieve some birds!! I am in need of a hunting partner since all my friends that hunt work out of town all season.

Last edited by Sportman87; 08-29-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:47 PM

I've never done any hunting before, but would love to get some experience. I'm an electrician, originally from Nova Scotia and love having a laugh and talking sports. I'm 30. I have a truck and live in Calgary. Anyone else who's new to the sport that would like a guy to go with, or someone with some experience that don't mind teaching a fella a thing or two are welcome. Young or old. Give me a shout! Thanks
Old 08-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfricker View Post
I've never done any hunting before, but would love to get some experience. I'm an electrician, originally from Nova Scotia and love having a laugh and talking sports. I'm 30. I have a truck and live in Calgary. Anyone else who's new to the sport that would like a guy to go with, or someone with some experience that don't mind teaching a fella a thing or two are welcome. Young or old. Give me a shout! Thanks
pm sent
Old 08-30-2015, 10:24 PM

Default Greenhorn looking for help

Posting on forums in a new concept for me but I've run out of ideas so here it goes......I'm 30, male, live in calgary, work up north. Seriously interested in getting into duck hunting. Have my own gun and wheels but that's about it. Looking for someone who wouldn't mind taking out a greenhorn. I would like to get out a couple times to make sure I like it as much as I think I will before committing financially. Never hunted before but have all the necessary licenses and hitting clays pretty regularly. I'm reading as much as I can about it and I'm willing to grab whatever basics I need to go out. If there's anyone out there willing to let me tag along it would be greatly appreciated......just looking for some experience.

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplante View Post
Posting on forums in a new concept for me but I've run out of ideas so here it goes......I'm 30, male, live in calgary, work up north. Seriously interested in getting into duck hunting. Have my own gun and wheels but that's about it. Looking for someone who wouldn't mind taking out a greenhorn. I would like to get out a couple times to make sure I like it as much as I think I will before committing financially. Never hunted before but have all the necessary licenses and hitting clays pretty regularly. I'm reading as much as I can about it and I'm willing to grab whatever basics I need to go out. If there's anyone out there willing to let me tag along it would be greatly appreciated......just looking for some experience.

Thanks for reading.
Are you looking to duck hunt by calgary or up north?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy.jr View Post
Are you looking to duck hunt by calgary or up north?
Calgary area
Old 08-31-2015, 10:07 AM

Looking to try waterfowl hunting. I have a shot gun but I have never gone out fowling. I live in Edmonton and would like to meet some people who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. I also would like to try my hand at whitetails. I have been moose hunting before in Ontario but nothing out west as of yet. I have a 30-06 and a 12 gauge. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer or coffee to talk let me know.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:40 AM

Default New to Calgary

Like many who have posted in this thread, I am new to the province, specifically Calgary. I moved last November and, had to leave the numerous farms I had access to and hunting buddies I had back in Ontario. I have quite a bit of experience with Ducks and geese, as well as Deer and moose too. If anyone would like to meet and show me the ropes in the province I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 PM

Default ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsherman72 View Post
Looking to try waterfowl hunting. I have a shot gun but I have never gone out fowling. I live in Edmonton and would like to meet some people who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. I also would like to try my hand at whitetails. I have been moose hunting before in Ontario but nothing out west as of yet. I have a 30-06 and a 12 gauge. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer or coffee to talk let me know.
PM sent
Old 09-01-2015, 09:09 AM

I'm a avid hunter and mainly a bow hunter now, been hunting for 4 years now and yet to fold a tag with my bow. I just moved back to gibbons from cold lake and havnt had much chance to do any scouting around this area. I found a few spots in the northern edge of wmu 250 but would really like the chance to chase moose again with archery equipment. So if anyone has a spot and is willing or wanting to pair up on a moose hunt in 248 I'm definatly up for it. I'm currently out of work at the moment so no shortage of free time either.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingramma View Post
i am looking for someone to hunt with i have my own gun and quad
I am looking for a hunting partner as well. I live in Spruce Grove but don't anyone around here or where to go hunting. I guess you can call me Hunting grandpa...Let me know if your interested...
Old 09-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Default wainwright area waterfowl

Army guy, 32, love shooting waterfowl. Have field and floater decoys, waders, calls, shotgun, kayak. Everything but a truck...it JUST died and is going to cost more than it's worth to fix it, so I guess I'm driving the car for the time being. Wouldn't mind finding some reliable and responsible people out here to hunt with, know of a couple water spots, had some field access last year but haven't seen too many migrating birds yet, just locals and nothing's been cut, so haven't bothered looking or asking around yet. Last but not least, I have some deadly recipes!

Thanks for the interest!
Of one who has done well
Old 09-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Gonna be heading out to SK in Oct targeting Snows and Hutchies. My hunting partners crapped out but Im still going. If anyone is interested the dates are flexible.

I have all the gear. Just bring your lay down blind.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:16 PM

Default Ducks Hunting

Hi, looking for duck hunting partners. I am 32 years old man live in Edmonton. Looking to start this weekend
Old 09-04-2015, 10:40 PM

Default Calgary and area

Hey! I am a brand new hunter and want to do some bird hunting this year, I am getting a 12 gauge 870 3'' and want to learn how to hunt geese and other birds, I love right outside strathmore and would love any help and tips that more experienced hunters would like to share.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Hello everyone. I live in Leduc and am looking to get back into hunting. I have hunted a few different species of animals in the past. I am really interested in getting out elk and gamebird hunting. I have most everything I need if I don't I will buy it. Let me know if you want to meet up and talk. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 PM

I live in Edmonton .I'm heading out for game bird hunt If you want to tag along pm me ... I can also pick you up if your in Edmonton

Last edited by DannyBourgoin; 09-06-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:50 AM

2 guys looking for goose/duck hunting land and a partner or two near edmonton!
we have 18 goose decoys, calls, layout blinds, and trucks. we have most of the stuff we need except for a good piece of land! let me know if you wanna join!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:23 PM

Default Edmonton

Im looking for a hunting partner for lac la biche area. Whitetail rifle hunt if any one is interested. Im leaning towards november but im flexible
Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Hi - Welcome to keep me on your loop at mdde.zaman@gmail.com.
I have few tags to spare this season including white tail, Mule and an elk.
Thanks,
--Moni
Old 09-08-2015, 03:24 PM

hello Everyone....anyone is out there near Calgary would provide some GIS location for Grouse, geese, ducks and Partridge. msg me at mdde.zaman@gmail.com
Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:55 PM

Default Waterfowl

I have 42 dozen decoys dog blinds just find me a field full of geese and I'll glady let u watch. Don't want to look myself need someone to do all leg work
If anyone wants to put some effort in I gladly trade a few hunts