Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM

Default Which Girl To Take Hunting???

So, its that time of year again. Lots of girls to choose from but not sure which one to take to the ball. Nice, light and newer versus strong, reliable and powerful. Its always a dilemma.

Always liked the traditional ones dressed real nice but these newer upstarts with modern lighter feel are real appealing.

Maybe take a few with me to camp and see which ones suits best on the day. Sure is good to have choices...
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 PM

Take the exotic one with the sweet waterproof body and show her off in all the pictures you take, or the lighter one, cause you can carry her to never explored before places.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Banned

Been taking the same girl to the ball for over 40 yrs. now. She has never let me down.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM

In honor of Ashley Madison-take someone else's girl to the ball.
But don't let him find out!!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:11 PM

I have one old girl I like to take out but she is a little heavy but still a looker at 139 yrs old. But she smokes when I set her off and smells a bit when I'm through with her. The clean up on the old girl is a little messy to boot. I may go with her younger sister as she is a little lighter, shorter and a little less messy.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:19 PM

This might be my old girls last season hunting birds with me. Shes getting a little beat up and worn down, and her chamber sleeve is getting looser by the season. Might be looking to upgrade to a newer model next season
Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 PM

My old girl took a brief cameo last year, but she may permanently retire if the new girl delivers the same way afield as she did at the range. I'm getting old, so lighter is the way to go.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
My old girl took a brief cameo last year, but she may permanently retire if the new girl delivers the same way afield as she did at the range. I'm getting old, so lighter is the way to go.
Old? Hardly...
Old 08-27-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3589 View Post
Old? Hardly...
You be quiet
Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 PM

I'm starting with the high-strung one.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 08-27-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
I have one old girl I like to take out but she is a little heavy but still a looker at 139 yrs old. But she smokes when I set her off and smells a bit when I'm through with her. The clean up on the old girl is a little messy to boot. I may go with her younger sister as she is a little lighter, shorter and a little less messy.
Those old gals sure do clean up nice however!
Mine main squeeze 130 years old, but I have others I play with occasionally.
Cat
Old 08-27-2015, 10:13 PM

Yah some have such nice features not to thin and not too heavy just the right feel, and fit like a latex glove . Gotta watch out though for that hair trigger if you get a little to frisky with some off them though, ah choices.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:27 PM

Store them separately so none of them notice you play with others. A little cheating won't kill if you play your cards well.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 PM

I gave the girl im gonna be hunting with for the next couple months a real good tuning up a little while ago...she wasnt performing as well as i knew she could. Now, she's smartened up and seems to hitting the bullseye with everything she does.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
I gave the girl im gonna be hunting with for the next couple months a real good tuning up a little while ago...she wasnt performing as well as i knew she could. Now, she's smartened up and seems to hitting the bullseye with everything she does.
If you don't have order you have chaos. I make sure all my girls are tuned in so they don't let me down. Occasionally you have to give one special treatment to set an example to the others. Usually when they start wandering.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 AM

Going to take the one I got for my first Father's Day. Tikka T3 Laminated Stainless
Old 08-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Banned

I'm bringing the mean one.She's a fire breathing dragon and a bit of a nasty Biotch that likes to bark and kick,but at the same time,she's stuck with me for near 30 years now and never let's me down.She means bizness...a no BS straight shooter,kinda classy,still looks good,and gets off multiple loads with a good pumpn.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM

Default Hammers back, eh Cat?!

I have shot enough game, and not starving yet, so I have been adding the challenge of hunting with some realllllly old gals!
I'll be starting the elk season with my JW Tolley Hammer-gun in 577/500 no.2. Had it out last year, but couldnt close the distance on a bull. Finally had to blood it this spring with a pair of black bears.
Then, it's Sharpies and ringnecks, with my old I.Hollis hammergun in 28 ga. Killed a few (dozen) birds with it last year, and it should still be up for the challenge for a few years yet.
Both of these guns take some serious handloading, and would date from 130-150 years old. How's that for taking Grannie to the prom?