Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2021, 12:58 PM

Here comes the next shoe to drop on the crypto guys. Further regulation or worse is knocking at the door.

https://www.coindesk.com/biden-admin...omware-attacks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...omware-attacks
Old 06-08-2021, 07:57 PM

Bittercoin. Where will it end? Sub $30k, sub $20k?
Old 06-08-2021, 08:59 PM

Bridge to pancake swap with munch token happening tomorrow. Fingers crossed could do some big things.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Bittercoin. Where will it end? Sub $30k, sub $20k?
If it can’t hold that $38-39K support, then it is down to mid- to low $20’s at least, IMO. That’s just the technical side of it; other than that, I don’t follow crypto much, so who knows.

It really looks like things are wrapping up here though according to the headlines that pop up weekly in regards to regulations, etc.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:17 PM

in the news

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/te...151213236.html
Old 10-27-2021, 05:49 PM

Default damn......

This wallet bought roughly $8,000 of $SHIB last August.

It's now worth $5.7 billion.

From $8,000 to $5.7 billion in roughly 400 days.

We may actually be looking at the greatest individual trade of all time.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCusDCqX...jpg&name=small
Old 10-27-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
This wallet bought roughly $8,000 of $SHIB last August.

It's now worth $5.7 billion.

From $8,000 to $5.7 billion in roughly 400 days.

We may actually be looking at the greatest individual trade of all time.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCusDCqX...jpg&name=small
Damn

My shib ain't got nothing on that lol....
Old 05-09-2022, 02:21 PM

Default Interesting tidbit

40% of bitcoin investors are now underwater

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/09/40pe...node-data.html

Bitcoin value

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BTC-USD/history/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-09-2022, 03:08 PM

I don’t know much of anything about Bitcoin, but some made millions, while some were scammed with what they thought they had bought. A few on this thread were doing good not sure if they got out or are still in? Crazy times indeed!!
Old 05-10-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
I don’t know much of anything about Bitcoin, but some made millions, while some were scammed with what they thought they had bought. A few on this thread were doing good not sure if they got out or are still in? Crazy times indeed!!
Bitcoin goes in 4 year cycles, due to the halving every 4 years. Some people anticipated with all the people holding it would not drop this time, but it did. There are some other factors involved but this is the typical market cycle where it drops 70-90%. Speculations are this time it drops about 60%. It is called crypto winter. The main coins with utility will all survive this.

This is a great opportunity to buy and get in over the next year or so.

For those that do not know what the "halving" is, every 4 years the amount of time it takes to mine 1 bitcoin is doubled. Thereby talking twice as long to mine 1 and making them more scarce. 2012, 2016, 2020, next one is estimated to be Aug 10 2024.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
I remember Bre-Ex, milions made by the promoters and those who got in early and were wise enough to cash out, most people got left holding the bag.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-10-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I remember Bre-Ex, milions made by the promoters and those who got in early and were wise enough to cash out, most people got left holding the bag.

Grizz
Bitcoin/Crypto is nothing like Bre-EX. There is risk for sure, but Crypto is the FUTURE. You need to do your research for sure just like any other sort of investing. Less then 5% of the population is in Crypto and getting in now is still early. Metaverse and Web 3.0 is most likely where you will see large gains over the next few years.

Getting in now is like getting in on Apple, Google, or Amazon under $10/share.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:08 PM

A safe way to avoid a lot of the scams in crypto is to buy into one of the crypto ETFs. You can hold these in your TFSA as well. They include almost all the main cryptos on the market. Check out BTCC.B

That said this is my fault. As soon as i bought into crypto it crashed. Sorry guys
Old 05-10-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Bitcoin/Crypto is nothing like Bre-EX. There is risk for sure, but Crypto is the FUTURE. You need to do your research for sure just like any other sort of investing. Less then 5% of the population is in Crypto and getting in now is still early. Metaverse and Web 3.0 is most likely where you will see large gains over the next few years.

Getting in now is like getting in on Apple, Google, or Amazon under $10/share.
Bre-Ex was a gold mine as well and the suckers lined up to get in. Being a historian and a political science guy, I see the future completely different. There are very good reasons, gold has represented financial security since the dawn of civilization and nothing has changed. Forget your bit coin password and you're broke ?

Grizz

Old 05-10-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Bre-Ex was a gold mine as well and the suckers lined up to get in. Being a historian and a political science guy, I see the future completely different. There are very good reasons, gold has represented financial security since the dawn of civilization and nothing has changed. Forget your bit coin password and you're broke ?

Grizz
Is that’s the reason why Canada and USA sold all their gold bullion? Asking for a friend…
Old 05-10-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Is that’s the reason why Canada and USA sold all their gold bullion? Asking for a friend…
That just means your 20. bill is basically toilet paper when it comes down to it and there is no constriction on how much the government can print. Any idea what the US national debt is at this moment ? Doesn't stop them from spending.

Grizz

Old 05-10-2022, 03:51 PM

Crypto is most definitely the future - whether it makes up a lot or a little, or just how much is anyones guess.

There's more and more utility for it all the time - our mortgage broker told us recently that lenders are starting to accept certain coins a down-payments now. You can buy vehicles and all sorts of other consumer goods with them now - but if you're not 'in' that space yet, you'd never know.

I got into it earlier in the year - didn't dump a ton of money in, but put some money into the 'blue chip' coins....definitely in it for the long term, why not!?
Old 05-10-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
That just means your 20. bill is basically toilet paper when it comes down to it and there is no constriction on how much the government can print. Any idea what the US national debt is at this moment ? Doesn't stop them from spending.

Grizz
Yeah that’s what I thought too. I think it’s time to start printing my own money… After all, what’s the difference?! Mine actually will have some gold backing it, lol!
Old 05-10-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Crypto is most definitely the future - whether it makes up a lot or a little, or just how much is anyones guess.

There's more and more utility for it all the time - our mortgage broker told us recently that lenders are starting to accept certain coins a down-payments now. You can buy vehicles and all sorts of other consumer goods with them now - but if you're not 'in' that space yet, you'd never know.

I got into it earlier in the year - didn't dump a ton of money in, but put some money into the 'blue chip' coins....definitely in it for the long term, why not!?
You are most likely correct, but my approach to investing into crypto was more like throwing poop against the wall- if it sticks- good, if not- oh well…
Old 05-10-2022, 06:30 PM

Since you guys know everything about this, explain this to me please.

Apparently the same x # of bitcoin have been sold countless times.

Countless meaning thousands or millions, I do not know.

It is being called the biggest pyramid scheme of all time, but is ongoing.

What happens when the WEU or each Country's government disallows it, or whatever you call it. When it goes good bye.

Pyramid schemes go until the last guy is fleeced, the smart ones get out first. The main guys are busted, the last to join lose everything.

Can this happen with btc?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-10-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Since you guys know everything about this, explain this to me please.

Apparently the same x # of bitcoin have been sold countless times.

Countless meaning thousands or millions, I do not know.

It is being called the biggest pyramid scheme of all time, but is ongoing.

What happens when the WEU or each Country's government disallows it, or whatever you call it. When it goes good bye.

Pyramid schemes go until the last guy is fleeced, the smart ones get out first. The main guys are busted, the last to join lose everything.

Can this happen with btc?
You know what they say, there's a sucker born every minute, more often these days.

Grizz

Old 05-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
You know what they say, there's a sucker born every minute, more often these days.

Grizz
Trust me...I've been involved in many many "jack in the beanstalk" scenarios !! In search of "easy" munnie !! I very tempted on the bitcoin thing now !!
Old 05-10-2022, 11:47 PM

Quote:
What would gold be worth if all reserves were sold?

Value of gold is stock piling and hoarding but like diamonds people give it worth.

Not that dissimilar to bitcoin albiet gold is a tangible item.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-11-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Canada did sell off all its gold bullion, that's true. The USA did not sell off their gold bullion.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:09 AM

What would gold be worth if all reserves were sold?
That's a good question since it is generally priced in US $.

However, there is one thing I do know.
There are about 8 Billion people on this planet. 60% of them don't know what the digital world is about or have any access. So digital currencies can't be used by about 4.8 billion people currently.

Pretty much everyone on the planet knows what gold is, so there's that.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:47 AM

Exclamation

There a crypto…Luna it’s starting to unraveled.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
There a crypto…Luna it’s starting to unraveled.
Thanks for the heads up made over 300 bucks already if it goes all the way back up I will make a good chunk of coin.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Grizz
Crypto is the future, whether you like it or not. There are ways to protect your passwords, I assume you don't just leave your gold bars laying around your house or in your car. You have them somewhere safe.

Why has gold become the standard for financial security? It is a rare limited resource, that makes it easy to trade. So you can spend gold to buy a Chicken instead of trading an asset for the chicken as you may not have something the owner of the chicken wants. In reality if You were starving would you rather have the chicken or the gold? Gold could become irrelevant as well if there were to become a food shortage.

What happens to gold when they figure out how to mine these asteroids, and there is way more supply.

Bitcoin is the digital version of gold, A limited resource that can be broken down for digital payments. No idea what the real stat is but i would say that 80% of North America use internet banking. That number is probably higher as most people probably get automatic deposit of their pay cheque. I couldn't tell you the last time I wrote a cheque, E transfer is way easier and more convenient.

Remember the .com bubble, that was all a scam too. The next version of the internet Web 3 will be on the blockchain. Instead of going to Cabelas.com you will be going to Cabelas.crypto You will be able to make electronic payments through your .crypto account etc. It is going to be total mainstream in the next decade.

https://www.buycryptodomainnames.com...cc7d6cb6b47aab

No one is telling you that you need to get on board, but your unwillingness to learn and understand does not mean it is a scam.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:41 AM

Unwillingness to learn and understand does not mean it's a scam.

That sounds like someone heavily invested or trying to talk others into propping up an investment so you do not lose money to me.

There have been fortunes made and lost with all forms of investment, but I think crypto is the biggest pyramid scheme of all time. I believe at some point it will implode and take billions of dollars with it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-11-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Unwillingness to learn and understand does not mean it's a scam.

That sounds like someone heavily invested or trying to talk others into propping up an investment so you do not lose money to me.

There have been fortunes made and lost with all forms of investment, but I think crypto is the biggest pyramid scheme of all time. I believe at some point it will implode and take billions of dollars with it.
I am certainly not heavily invested in it, but I do invest a little every month. I still invest in probably what you consider normal investments.

Anything I have in Crypto I can afford to lose.

Seriously do some research. Personally I am not sure Bitcoin survives as it has no functionality other then digital currency. That said it will be around for a while yet, and probably a decade or so before it gets flipped. Their are lots of scams in Crypto for sure, they are called meme coins/**** coins.

I guess we can have a difference in opinion and will have to wait and see in a decade who is right as time is the only way we will figure it out.

Crypto is creating solutions to existing problems.