Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2021, 10:12 AM
Freedom55's Avatar
Freedom55 Freedom55 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perdue SK
Posts: 1,462
Default Forty Mile tournament

A planned SAWT event from June was postponed until last weekend. I had plans to be there but life gets in the way sometimes. Can anyone confirm that the contest did indeed go ahead. There was no water in the reservoir in mid-July. Thanx.

Free
__________________
iReel
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2021, 06:04 PM
huntsfurfish huntsfurfish is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 7,569
Default

Did you check the SAWT site?

Edit: Ok I checked for you.

https://sawt.ca/
__________________
.
eat a snickers


made in Alberta__ born n raised.


FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2021, 07:33 PM
Jims83cj5 Jims83cj5 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 313
Default

Yes it did go ahead
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2021, 06:33 AM
Freedom55's Avatar
Freedom55 Freedom55 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perdue SK
Posts: 1,462
Default

Okay. They held the event. I heard they were going to. Normally the organizers are anxious to get the results posted, weights announced and winners declared. That has not happened in spite of what some have offered so I had hoped that someone who was there might post a photo of the leader board. Thanx anyway.

Free
__________________
iReel
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2021, 07:41 AM
thenaturalwoodsman thenaturalwoodsman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Okay. They held the event. I heard they were going to. Normally the organizers are anxious to get the results posted, weights announced and winners declared. That has not happened in spite of what some have offered so I had hoped that someone who was there might post a photo of the leader board. Thanx anyway.

Free
https://sawt.ca/

Hey Free, it is on the SAWT website that is posted above the tournament happened I was in it. 60lbs won it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2021, 10:40 AM
pikergolf's Avatar
pikergolf pikergolf is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaturalwoodsman View Post
https://sawt.ca/

Hey Free, it is on the SAWT website that is posted above the tournament happened I was in it. 60lbs won it.
I don't think he can figure it out, it was there yesterday.
__________________
The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Freedom55's Avatar
Freedom55 Freedom55 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perdue SK
Posts: 1,462
Default

I clicked onto the link provided by huntsfurfish and got the same results that I had which showed 70+, last years winners. I guess the internet on the flats is as slow as I am. I meant no disrespect...

Free
__________________
iReel
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2021, 04:46 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 36,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
I clicked onto the link provided by huntsfurfish and got the same results that I had which showed 70+, last years winners. I guess the internet on the flats is as slow as I am. I meant no disrespect...

Free
I opened the PDF and saw this year's results as well. At least they are different than what is displayed on their page .
Cat
__________________
" And then there's Neil Young- I'm certain there's a few loose strings on THAT guitar!"
Rex Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2021, 08:32 AM
trigger7mm trigger7mm is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,127
Default Forty mile

Are these weights for 5 fish weighed in each day?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2021, 11:47 AM
thenaturalwoodsman thenaturalwoodsman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Are these weights for 5 fish weighed in each day?
Correct it is 5 fish per day, some teams measured 5 each day and some did not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.