Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-17-2024, 12:43 PM
Sundog57 Sundog57 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 686
Default

Tax the Rich - that would be those guys over there.
It used to be that someone with a million in assets "a millionaire" was rich.
in the days of Trudeau 1 that was probably true...
however 57 years of inflation later that would equate to about five million in 2024 dollars - actually probably more...

The Clown Prince and Jagmeet believe that outcomes should be equal, no matter what the input level was otherwise IT'S NOT FAIR
These are the same donkeys who tout a "guaranteed annual income" or a "guaranteed basic living wage" or the same idea under a number of different monikers.

Sounds great until you ask - who's gonna pay.
That's their definition of "rich" - the people who are going to pay (as long as it's some other guys, not them)

You wind up with the Soviet system... you pretend to work and we pretend to pay you.
__________________
Why hunt when I could buy meat?
Why have sex when I could opt for artificial insemination?

Last edited by Sundog57; 04-17-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-17-2024, 12:45 PM
HVA7mm HVA7mm is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,234
Default

I think that anything that comes out of Trudeau or any of his minions mouths is rich because they're usually so ridiculous or ironic.

It must be true, almost every time they say something I find myself saying "That's rich, coming from those morons."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-17-2024, 12:53 PM
Sundog57 Sundog57 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 686
Default

Rich, like composted manure pile rich...
I can tell your Mom raised you right from your choice of language
__________________
Why hunt when I could buy meat?
Why have sex when I could opt for artificial insemination?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-17-2024, 01:11 PM
lannie lannie is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CNP
Posts: 3,769
Default

Wealthy starts at 25 mil plus and rich 100 plus.
If you retire now with less than 2 it could easily be worrisome.
__________________
You are what you do, not what you say.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-17-2024, 01:38 PM
tranq78 tranq78 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton & Hinton
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
I'm legitimately starting to wonder if Trudeau is trying to create a bigger mess before he's ousted so it takes longer for a Conservative government to turn it around. He's spending money like he's back to printing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Trudeau said it is about ensuring the government has the money to correct generational fairness.

“We’re asking them to pay their fair share so that younger generations can have the same opportunities that Gen-Xers, boomers and other generations had when they were starting their lives.”

He said if the Conservatives vote against the budget, as they have indicated they will do, it will be because they want to protect this small group from higher taxes.

Trudeau is printing money and he knows it will end up screwing younger people.

Did you notice the comment about future debt issuance that quickly flew by? Gov of Canada expects to issue $500 billion of debt in the coming year. Compare this to around $100 billion issued when Trudeau came into power. This is called printing money out of thin air and it is highly inflationary.

The money printing has to happen because Trudeau tried "taxing the rich" (over $250k annual income) before and it backfired massively. So they'll just print money this time.

In 1970 having $100,000 meant you were rich. Under Pierre Trudeau's 10 years' of 10% inflation that $100,000 had only $10,000 of purchasing power by the early 1980s. His son is just repeating this process -- remember Pierre Trudeau's ~1983 budget that taxed everything and choked productivity and private sector investments? Y'all remember... the National Energy Program he put in place to fix the problems he created?? Well Justin Trudeau is doing it again in 2024.

You there! The young person now making $100k a year! Congrats! That means the Liberals define you as rich. Too bad gasoline costs $200 to fill up, utility bills are the size of your mortgage and food costs have more than doubled. And housing is still unaffordable because prices are climbing, interest rates for a mortgage can't come down because inflation is caused by printing money out of thin air, and your taxes are going up (because you are rich, ya' know).

Young people are going to be soooooo screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:05 PM
tirebob's Avatar
tirebob tirebob is online now
AO Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Airdrie, AB and Part Time BC
Posts: 3,033
Default

I am happily married 28 years to my soul mate, have healthy adjusted adult children, food in my belly and a roof over my head. I am rich no matter what my bank account says...
__________________
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
403.769.1771
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:10 PM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 24,729
Default

Rich living my life and lifestyle. I don't put a money value on rich but wealthy is another story.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:15 PM
Rusty50 Rusty50 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I am happily married 28 years to my soul mate, have healthy adjusted adult children, food in my belly and a roof over my head. I am rich no matter what my bank account says...
Exactly!! Live for what you have, not for what you don't have.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:16 PM
huntinstuff's Avatar
huntinstuff huntinstuff is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 9,645
Default

.....
__________________
When you are born, you get a ticket to the Freak Show.
If you are born in Canada, you get a front row seat.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:17 PM
huntinstuff's Avatar
huntinstuff huntinstuff is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 9,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Rich living my life and lifestyle. I don't put a money value on rich but wealthy is another story.
Exactly.

LeBron James is RICH
The old guy who pays him is WEALTHY
__________________
When you are born, you get a ticket to the Freak Show.
If you are born in Canada, you get a front row seat.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:26 PM
Ballertrawler II Ballertrawler II is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 17
Default Wealthy or Rich?

These can describe a lot but the best definition I have heard when it comes to income or money is:

If you are able to live off of assets and investments your are wealthy, (your money is doing the work)

If you have to live off a wage or a salary you are not. (You are doing the work.)

The whole tax the wealthy always bugs me because they are the ones providing opportunities, you own a company that employs 100 people (taxpayers) that should be accounted for, tax is the biggest disincentive there is,

Jugnut and sock boy's idea of corporate greed causing inflation is so out of whack look at the carbon tax, how has it been invested? it just goes to general revenue and wasted like all of our other money.

Canada was a wealthy country but new is going into debt so fast that we are soon going to be a third world sghithole. Our young generation cannot afford to buy basic housing.

Why because our government is throwing money away like its not theirs.

WE need a revolt where every company refuses to submit their employees income tax, corporate taxes and fuel companies refuse to charge any tax on their products and see how wealthy we all could be.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-17-2024, 02:53 PM
Au revoir, Gopher's Avatar
Au revoir, Gopher Au revoir, Gopher is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerose
Posts: 4,104
Default

Been a long time since $1,000,000 made you "rich"

https://youtu.be/aynCgnbbgbM

"Haven't you always wanted a monkey?"

ARG
__________________
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-17-2024, 03:01 PM
Fradaburidi Fradaburidi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Compared to someone in the Third world, we're all rich when it comes down to it.
I disagree. $30K annual salary will make you rich in a 3rd world country but in Canada that's poverty even for a single person.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-17-2024, 03:18 PM
Dewey Cox's Avatar
Dewey Cox Dewey Cox is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 204
Posts: 5,485
Default

How the f is it anyone's business how much money anyone makes?
Why should how much you make determine your share of the tax burden?
Figure out what it takes to run this circus and divide it by the population.
Can't get any more fair than that.
__________________
"I like to quote my own quotes" ~ Dewey Cox
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:39 PM
2 Tollers 2 Tollers is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Even the language Castro's son uses is pure theater and lies. 'We're asking...' No, you are taxing, which payment of isn't optional. It's taking, with the full power of the state to enforce. Quoted from National Post:

Trudeau said it is about ensuring the government has the money to correct generational fairness.

“We’re asking them to pay their fair share so that younger generations can have the same opportunities that Gen-Xers, boomers and other generations had when they were starting their lives.”

He said if the Conservatives vote against the budget, as they have indicated they will do, it will be because they want to protect this small group from higher taxes.

“They’re voting against fairness. They will be voting against asking the ultra rich to pay their share

This is over the top even for Trudeau --- the guy who tried to give taxpayer money directly to a charity who in turn was paying his family members to show up, the PM that tried to bribe err buy his way onto the UN Security council with millions in taxpayer dollars, the PM who has had to settle with a number of people over claims while he was PM (Admiral Norman) and used NDA's to hide the settlement value that was paid using taxpayer dollars, the PM who has racked up huge all in vacation expenses using --- yes --- taxpayer dollars ---- plus the numbness to his own personal actions on blowing budgets is astounding ($50M on a night talk show).
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:44 PM
Grizzly Adams1 Grizzly Adams1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 3,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I am happily married 28 years to my soul mate, have healthy adjusted adult children, food in my belly and a roof over my head. I am rich no matter what my bank account says...
That is the best we can hope for.
__________________
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there is no place, that they be alone in the midst of the Earth.

Isaiah 5:8
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:49 PM
esher esher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Grande prairie, alberta
Posts: 514
Default

In the old country a neighbor was considered rich because they had geese and no one else could afford such extravagance.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-17-2024, 05:51 PM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 18,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Every time I hear "tax the rich more" I wonder what people consider "rich"

How much $ or assets do you have to have to be considered rich?

I'd like to hear your numbers.......
Trudeau keep yakking about conservatives doing Trump style politics… however he is the master of that. His divisive style of finding someone for voters to collectively hate or be afraid of is a classic.

Going back in time…

First is was evil Harper that Trudeau was going to be honest and transparent government. Insert massive laughter.

Second is was evil anti climate conservatives and then evil oil companies. Oil companies that support so much transfer payments it’s not even funny

Third was evil Covid deniers and restrictions that were excessive and went far to long… however he refused to close the border to people infected with Covid at the start of the pandemic. Also refused to call it until WHO told him too

Fourth was evil convoy protesters. He’s fine with all social and environmental protests of all kinds and severity… but people in scary trucks. Nope.

Fifth now is evil rich people at the same time he’s run the debt up so much that the interest on the debt paid to giant banks is now more than the healthcare transfer payments. Crazy.

What group is next I wonder.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-17-2024, 08:56 PM
roper1 roper1 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wheatland County
Posts: 5,680
Default

Rich is nice comfortable home with a happy woman in it.
Rich is healthy employed kids & thriving grandkids.
Rich is 2-3 vehicles.
Rich is steak any damn time you want it.
Rich is enough boat & all the gas needed whenever the fancy strikes.
Rich is enough rifles & ammo.
Rich is a portfolio that pays more than we need.

Not rich yet but working on it.....
__________________
If you're not a Liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a Conservative when you're old, you have no brain. Winston Churchill

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-17-2024, 09:14 PM
jungleboy's Avatar
jungleboy jungleboy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stony Plain
Posts: 6,687
Default

Financially ,Trudeau is rich but you can bet your last tax dollar he made sure he is protected from any new taxes he will impose on others ..

Financially rich but morally and ethically bankrupt
__________________
Preacher: “Well, there's a lot of sinners here abouts. You wouldn't want me to leave before I finish my work, would you?”.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-17-2024, 09:28 PM
Rio56 Rio56 is offline
Suspended User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,805
Default

I buy pretty much whatever I need and or want , anytime
really, within reason ..
Money is not a top issue how I live
I do wish more young peope had the same opportuninty and looking forward ..it does look grim and I feel for that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.