Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Banned

Default AO hard water tourney help

first let me say hats off to coppercarbide and dago for organizing this fun contest. i can't imagine the work thats in store for them in the comming months.
my hunting season ends dec.7 and then an old mans thoughts turn to ice fishing.
HELP....being functionally illiterate on a computer I cannot make a hard copy of the registration card. could someone please make me a couple copies so in the rare chance that i catch something eligible i would have it to take a pic? would gladly meet somewhere to pick them up. thanks.

wonder if wss or fishing hole wouldn't mind having some to distribute? after all when you go to get one chances are you'll spend some money while your there.
good-luck everyone.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
first let me say hats off to coppercarbide and dago for organizing this fun contest. i can't imagine the work thats in store for them in the comming months.
my hunting season ends dec.7 and then an old mans thoughts turn to ice fishing.
HELP....being functionally illiterate on a computer I cannot make a hard copy of the registration card. could someone please make me a couple copies so in the rare chance that i catch something eligible i would have it to take a pic? would gladly meet somewhere to pick them up. thanks.

wonder if wss or fishing hole wouldn't mind having some to distribute? after all when you go to get one chances are you'll spend some money while your there.
good-luck everyone.
can you get it to print the card?

if you just print it, you could always just write your handle legibly on the card in sharpie
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Like DK said, just print it and write your handle in. In the meantime you could even write it by hand completely as long as its legible. In future any questions can just go on the existing "ideas" thread. AJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regcard.jpg (57.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

ive just printed off some of the cards on paper today in the chance i get lucky and catch somthing worth entering. If those are good for you I will meet up with you in Edmonton somewhere and can print off as many as you like
Old 12-06-2013, 02:29 PM

All you buggers are going ice fishing this weekend, aren't you.

Dammit.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Sitting on the ice right now had to leave the teeth at home so they wouldnt chatter and shatter got no ink so I handdrew my card, if Id had one Sunday thered be a 44 inch pikeon the scoreboard right now.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Sitting on the ice right now had to leave the teeth at home so they wouldnt chatter and shatter got no ink so I handdrew my card, if Id had one Sunday thered be a 44 inch pikeon the scoreboard right now.
Welcome back!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Haha, I should sponsor the Pike trophy too. That way I have a reason to come fishing with you so I can hand deliver it to you! Can't wait to see the next behemoth you catch Wayne. Seen that pike on FB good work!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Bragger...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM

pretty sure I saw the same 44 incher I released Sunday but shes a bit smarter now. dont suppose an 8 inch perch is good enough for standings? ah well I will beat that easy tomorrow

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
pretty sure I saw the same 44 incher I released Sunday but shes a bit smarter now. dont suppose an 8 inch perch is good enough for standings? ah well I will beat that easy tomorrow
Wow!!! No wonder you're always suspended. You can not use 8 inch perch as bait in North America. It is a native "baitfish" and you're exaggerating. You can only use 'live trout perch' in Alberta as they are neither trout nor perch and classified as 'alien' fish. Alien fish such as Tuba-lee are metallurgic by nature and a byproduct of meteorite deposits. As such they are not native.

Please re-read your regs Sir.

Grow food not grass!

I. Bryzgalov
Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Wow!!! No wonder you're always suspended. You can not use 8 inch perch as bait in North America. It is a native "baitfish" and you're exaggerating. You can only use 'live trout perch' in Alberta as they are neither trout nor perch and classified as 'alien' fish. Alien fish such as Tuba-lee are metallurgic by nature and a byproduct of meteorite deposits. As such they are not native.

Grow food not grass!

I. Bryzgalov
rather have the grass besides my baits are usually bigger than 8 inches, Id use aliens for bait if they would get me the new record, just have to make sure to disable their radio before I hook them up so they cant call for help. not sure if Id have to bonk them first, anyone know if live aliens are legal?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

Grow food not grass!

I. Bryzgalov
Epic Reading Comprehension Fail.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

Welcome back WC!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Banned

I'm so confused (about these posts).
Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
I'm so confused (about these posts).
Me to.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Alien fish such as Tuba-lee are metallurgic by nature and a byproduct of meteorite deposits. As such they are not native.
I have no idea what's going on here but this made me laugh.... then scratch my head..... then laugh again.....

Welcome back to AO Wayne, I met you a couple weeks ago at The Fishin Hole and would still like to join you at Newell some day if the offer still stands. Congrats on the 44"er, same length as my personal best Pike so far but I plan on beating it this year....
Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
I have no idea what's going on here but this made me laugh.... then scratch my head..... then laugh again.....

Welcome back to AO Wayne, I met you a couple weeks ago at The Fishin Hole and would still like to join you at Newell some day if the offer still stands. Congrats on the 44"er, same length as my personal best Pike so far but I plan on beating it this year....
hope you found the shack you were looking for, it was nice to meet you too, and you bet almost time to hit my hog spot on Newell, just have to let some of the drifts drift away. let me know when you are back in the south

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Banned

wow! once again i have not made myself clear. i think i can manage to print my name on a card if i had a card to print it on. problem is i can't "print off" the original entry off the computer. guess i'll start from scratch and hand copy entire card.
good to hear from you wayne.
tacklerunner, not sure if your post was tounge in cheek or not, but in any case the men in black would like to have a word with you. or at least the men in scrubs from the alberta psychiatric ward.

good luck everyone.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Banned

Hey Ninja,

This is a friendly competition, just make up a card, I can't see how it would matter if you have a custom card.

Have fun with it.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2013, 08:47 AM

With this being the first year it won't be a huge issue with exact matching cards. Next year we'll need a specific card so nobody can argue the fish was caught and photographed the previous year.

Quote:
hope you found the shack you were looking for, it was nice to meet you too, and you bet almost time to hit my hog spot on Newell, just have to let some of the drifts drift away. let me know when you are back in the south
Apparently the issue with the Frabill Thermal shacks is they haven't been approved for use in Canada, something about not having tested the fire rating or possible discrepancies. TFH could get one in but it'd cost me $450 more than un-insulated version. I ended up with the Ambush DLX with bench seat and it's great, if I really want the thermal version I'll just buy the tent part when it's readily available here.

I'm back on the 14th and plan to hit Chain first thing, I need to test out and set-up my LX9 where there's easy to find fish. Then it's 7 weeks of chasing big Pike, Burbot and even a Laker trip to Cold Lake.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Anzac View Post
Me to.
X3