Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 AM

Default Elinor lake & cabins

Had a good time with the boys for a 3 day fishing weekend. Fished Elinor/Blackett/kinnard. Fishing was slow but we managed a few nice ones to take home. We tried night fishing Elinor but with limited sucsess. Caught 5 walleye and 1 pike over a total of 9hrs with 3 guys. I probably won’t spend my time night fishing again. that morning in the same spot I caught more in the first hour then 3 of us did over 9hrs night fishing.. We were looking for burbs but I’ve never seen one come out of there so it was kinda a shot in the dark. As far as the cabins go this year they are looking a little run down. The manager was gone for the weekend.( his message inbox is full and no one answering his cell). Not a single person around to help us check which is not a huge issue expect there were people in our cabin so lots of confusion. And this is a “book on phone” thing so no paper work to help a guy. We ended up finding an Open cabin and making that our home for the weekend. All the garbages were overflowing, no propane for bbq, store closed. All good in the end but to not have a
Single person around to even talk to on the phone is b/s . We drove on at Elinor without issue and an extension is not yet needed (but close). Biggest Walter was 4lbs. Lots so smaller walleye and jack.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:52 PM

Default Help at Elinor Lake

ELINOR LAKE, Alberta, Looking for Info
I was planning on going to Elinor lake Alberta this year but heard from a friend that there is nowhere to park your truck and trailer after you launch your boat. The boat launch is at the end of a gravel road, just enough room to turn around and drive out. Has anyone been that can help me out? I don't want to drive all that way for nothing.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:40 AM

Can always drive another 15 mins or so , on the same road to Pinehurst if Elinor is a no go for parking.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.