Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Default Slave Lake Report

Better late than never, this report is for Thurs May 27. Fished the east side north of river inlet. Fifty plus walleys, half a dozen hammer handle pike, one burbot. Weather was good, fishing was hot, good time had by all until it was time to load the boat. Public boat launch down the river east of Norms Walleye camp needs ATTENTION!!!!! The river is very low, so not sure if they dredge bottom to gain depth? When backing the boat trailer in the launch i noticed it drop about two feet rather fast, thinking nothing of it i loaded the boat. When i went to pull the boat out, the underside of the trailer caught what I think was a piece of rebar sticking out from the last concrete pad, which there are very few as it is maybe ten feet into the river then you hit sandy bottom. Anyway, whatever caught my trailer bent the front cross member that supports the wheels and the front of boat!! Luckily it was sturdy enough to get us back to Edmonton, still waiting on a price for repair, I'm guessing $500 minimum. Thank gosh, no damage to the boat!! The risks you take fishin I guess? Town of Slave Lake may want to take a look at their boat launch before more damage is done. I will be using a different boat launch next trip to Slave. /Users/darcyschultz/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/27-May-10_2/IMG00181.jpg
/Users/darcyschultz/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/27-May-10/IMG00182.jpg
/Users/darcyschultz/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/30-May-10/DSC00766.JPG
/Users/darcyschultz/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/30-May-10/DSC00767.JPG
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 PM

Figured out how to post pics.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 AM

I had the opportunity to fish Slave Lake last Monday with Tony of Adventure Alberta. We were hammering the walleye and also picked up a few burbot.