Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 06:39 PM

Default rainbow pics from last weekend on fly

Hello there! here are some bows i caught last weekend on the fly at a private trout pond near home got all 3 on a olive green wolly bugger and all 3 were between 4 and 6 lbs. thank you hope you like!!

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC00042.jpg

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC00040.jpg

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC00037.jpg
Old 05-30-2010, 07:32 PM

Nice fish!

Thanks for the pics.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Sweet nice fish.

save a tree kill a beaver
Chuck Norris can bump fire a bolt action
"A predators heart knows no remorse. It lives for the hunt, a natural force."
Old 05-30-2010, 09:24 PM

Those are beauties. Not trying to rain on your parade but this is not the first photos I've seen recently with people with their fingers stuck firmly into the gills of a fish. Last post was a guy on the bow with his fingers holding a nice brown up by the gills. I said nothing on that thread but I hope we all can learn a little from each other. It might not hurt them but generally it will increase the mortality of released fish. They looked like good eaters!!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Default gill holding

Hello there! well im not going to lie to you your are right holding a fish by the gills will most likly kill the fish within a few hours! however it only lloks that way i was actually holding the fish by the gill plate never once did i get a hold of there gills its hard to explane but if you do it right your finger slides between the gills and the inside of the gill plate and in all the years of fishing i have yet to see a fish die from this. i released all 3 of those trout simply because i like the smaller ones. BUT!! i supose it is better to be safe then sorry and what you said does have some truth to it i could have held that fish by the belly like i was taught..so thank you for your comment it was valid and i will try to remember that in upcomming photos!!..:-)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 PM
KyleM

Great pics, its nice to know that Im not the only one who keeps the plastic on some of my cork.

Quote:
Not trying to rain on your parade but this is not the first photos I've seen recently with people with their fingers stuck firmly into the gills of a fish
Whocares? The guys at a private trout pond that looks to be a only a few acres. Most likely stocked every year....He could use the Rainbows as garden feed if he wanted.