Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Default Fishing charters in Jamaica

Hey everybody. Me and the boys are going down to Ocho Rios jamaica next week and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as charters go. There is 8 of us and don't mind spending some coin if it means we all get to go at once, but also know that 8 people+crew is hard to do. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Old 06-05-2018, 07:56 PM

I was there in November and chrtered right outta the Sandals resort. My advice is to not go there. I dont know much about marlin fishing but they fished just right out front of the resort. I dont know if thats a good spot or not but there were no other boats around. But hard to say really because the water was super rough like 6'-8' waves. Couldnt even really stand on a 36' boat without flying into something. Being that we were trolling topwater baits I doubt anything could even see them. But the thing that told me it was a crappy charter was the guys who got off the boat from the morning fish said they never had any bites, but the first thing the first mate told us was that they had one on but lost it. If I did it again I would find a marina and see who would take me out.