Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 AM

Default Excalibur vortex Crossbow info/reviews [Virgin]

Looking for reviews/Thoughts on the Excalibur Vortex crossbow. I'm completely out of my element here and totally new when it comes to any kind of archery. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 AM

Excalibur crossbows have a great warranty... all crossbows are clumsy from what I have heard.... I don't use one and hopefully wont have too
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Excalibur make a great crossbow. It took me 4 or 5 shots to zero the scope. After that it is very accurate. Mine is about 10 years old, with the Varizone scope. It has reticles in it so you zero the crosshairs at 20 yards. The line above is 10 yards, the ones below 30,40,&50. It is very accurate. I use a shooting stick to help steady it as it is a bit front heavy. Once you get used to shooting it you will find that you can't shoot at the same spot on your target or you will be wrecking arrows. (Oops I mean bolts)
It is very easy to string , no bow press needed, just the aids that come with the bow. It is easy to cock with the stringing aid and there is also a crank available
I try to keep shots to a max of 30 yards as past that the game will hear the string before the bolt gets there and they tend to jump. So you are more likely to not hit the sweet spot and may not get as clean of a kill as you want.
I love my Excalibur. Fun to shoot, easy to learn. I have a 30 yard range in my backyard so I get to practice at the ranges I expect to hunt at.