Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Default Tuning Montecs

Every year it's the same thing....I shoot my first 3 Montecs at 20 yards, they are 2" left. Loosen the Allen screw on my Spot Hogg, 2 clicks left, tighten. And it is bang on all the way out to 60. Every year. I've tried other broadheads in the past, and am going to experiment with the Toxic this year for the sake of knowledge....but those Montecs sure tune easy, they cut through everything, and I haven't had to worry about a blood trail longer than 30 yrds. I can't see straying too far from what works. Hopefully I will have opportunity again this year to put them to the test. I've got a date with a big black bear in a few weeks, after I finish off a couple jobs. Should be interesting.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-17-2014, 08:25 PM

I find the same thing.
You could fiddle around and BH tune but if you are only having to move the sites 2" that not so bad.
I never could get them exactly the same as field points.
So I move them over and go hunting.
Move them back when the season is done.