Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Default Need help: Anyone traveling from the lower mainland to Alberta?

So here’s my dilemma.

I’m looking at buying a used 12’ inflatable with 20hp Merc jet in the lower mainland of BC. and I’m in Fort McMurray. Shipping the two units is pretty cost prohibitive on such an inexpensive item. I’m looking at driving down, picking it up and driving back but that’s really a 4 day trip and I don’t have 4 days in a row for the next month and a half that are not spoken for.

The boat weighs about 125lbs and the motor about 145. The boat folds up into a large duffle bag. There would also be a empty fuel tank and oars.

Probably a long shot but I thought would reach out to see if someone with a pickup or large suv was coming this way in the next few weeks. I could easily meet someone along the way too so it wouldn’t need to be brought all the way to Fort Mac. The drive down and back wouldn’t be cheap so of course I’d be more than willing to pay someone for their troubles. If you are coming this way anyways and have the room it might work out good for both of us.

Cheers, AJ
Old 12-01-2019, 07:56 PM

Thanks to everyone who Pm’d me with an offer of help or suggestion on how I can get the boat shipped back from the lower mainland. It was greatly appreciated.

I’ve decided that I can’t part with the money without having a good look at the boat first. I’m heading for a road trip next weekend and unless I’ve been totally deceived I’ll be bringing a 12-1/2 Solar tunnel hull inflatable with 20hp factory Merc jet back with me.

I’ll show you guys a pick of it next September with a bull moose in it.

Cheers.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:24 AM

Got it!

17 hours each way made for a long 2 days driving.

The moose are in trouble next fall!
Old 12-10-2019, 07:05 PM

Good buy and good luck next fall.
That’s the kind of trip I’ve always wanted to do.

TBark
Old 12-10-2019, 09:55 PM

A river trip for Moose is a lot of fun, especially if you love being on the water.

I did it with a buddy this year in my 12-1/2’ Titan inflatable with a 20hp 2-stroke Merc with a prop leg. It worked ok and we were successful in getting a nice little bull the second day. The boat left a bit to be desired and that is why I looked at getting another small jet.

The Solar brand of inflatables is very heavy duty and one of only two brands made with a tunnel on the back for a jet leg. They are made in Russia and the only dealer right now is in Alaska. Check the Solar 380 out on YouTube. They are pretty capable rigs.