Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2019, 01:15 AM

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-WITH-EVERYONE
Old 12-08-2019, 05:10 PM

The problem with whatveagle trapper posted is that he is not going after handguns. He will leave that issue to the cities. If what is has been reported so far is accurate, and I have no reason to not believe it so, the vast, vast majority of the firearms that are going to be deemed illegal will be non restricted. Such as sks, mini 14, the extended c4s, jr carbines. Beyond the ARs there really is no way of knowing how many are out there or who owns them.

People will be left with 3 choices, turn them in, hide them, or go to court. Two out of the three rezult in you forfeiting your rightfully owned property and the 3rd makes it so you csn never use them again
Old 12-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebcfarmer View Post
https://firearmrights.ca/en/minister...d-to-ban-guns/

Says they don’t wanna set a date to avoid people panic-buying.

I’d say this statement alone should do it.
Watching that video gives me absolutely no faith in the system. They talk buy back but we'll see. (I would rather just keep my property thanks).

Nothing like spending a billion dollars to buy back legally purchased firearms (That aren't the problem) from legal firearm owners (who aren't the problem) meanwhile passing legislation to go easy on criminals and ignoring the laws they can already enforce.... and not even talking about gangs (who are the problem)....

Makes me so angry...
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 AM

I saw a good point on another forum:

Let's stop referring to this as a "Buyback".
That sounds like a legitimate transaction that both parties agree to.
It's a confiscation.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Well I have nothing to worry about, I don’t have any guns!
Cool, then since you don’t hunt or drive to or from any ranges or fish or camp with a shotgun you have nothing to worry about.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I saw a good point on another forum:

Let's stop referring to this as a "Buyback".
That sounds like a legitimate transaction that both parties agree to.
It's a confiscation.
It's certainly not a buyback when the gov't never owned them in the first place. Its the just the Liberal way to use soft language when inflicting seizures and obnoxious Liberal tyranny, they'll just claimed that we 'experienced it differently'... What sickens me is that an OIC is even allowed at all, it skirts democracy and proves that the ridiculous position of Governor General is not to be respected. If Payette signs off on this she'll have proven herself nothing more than a dictators proxy. Wouldn't it be interesting if her mind could be changed though? Isn't it pathetic that I even need to consider a faint hope that an unelected bureaucrat might actually do the smart thing rather than what they're told?
Old 12-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
It's certainly not a buyback when the gov't never owned them in the first place. Its the just the Liberal way to use soft language when inflicting seizures and obnoxious Liberal tyranny, they'll just claimed that we 'experienced it differently'... What sickens me is that an OIC is even allowed at all, it skirts democracy and proves that the ridiculous position of Governor General is not to be respected. If Payette signs off on this she'll have proven herself nothing more than a dictators proxy. Wouldn't it be interesting if her mind could be changed though? Isn't it pathetic that I even need to consider a faint hope that an unelected bureaucrat might actually do the smart thing rather than what they're told?
The other kick in the teeth is that they are “buying back” with our own tax dollars, aka your money. So we are paying twice for OUR property. Not that they will offer market value....
Old 12-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebcfarmer View Post
The other kick in the teeth is that they are “buying back” with our own tax dollars, aka your money. So we are paying twice for OUR property. Not that they will offer market value....
Imagine the howling from people in the cities when their taxes go up to pay for our "legal confiscation" and gang/drug dealers shootings with the "banned" weapons don't stop and probably increase.....
Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Imagine the howling from people in the cities when their taxes go up to pay for our "legal confiscation" and gang/drug dealers shootings with the "banned" weapons don't stop and probably increase.....
The banned weapons aren't even the ones the gangsters are using (they are using illegal hand guns) making this entire adventure completely tone deaf...

They will likely leave it up to the municipalities to ban hand guns.

And as proven before my municipality loves to jump all over virtue signaling opportunities....
Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Banned

Don't trust them (the Libs). Luckily only owned one semi-auto, a .22lr Mossberg that I didn't shoot much anyways, so I sold it this past weekend.
Why do I have a feeling that eventually all I'll be able to own is my single shot Sharps and my o/u shotgun.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Default Kicking doors down.

Kicking doors down - Although not common it does happen. Don't believe me just call the police and tell them you saw your neighbor in his house with a scary gun. (please don't just a sad example of the way society is now)
Anyways this will go down the way it always does. It will pass with the support of the bloc Q who hate guns. We can rant and mash keyboards and bitch all we want.
Many will comply, some with wait, fewer still will resist.
Those who don't comply will sneak around in the bush or if your lucky enough to have lots of private land or to remote range as honest people but feeling like cockroachs and the ever present danger of a random search or run in with the law that ends up a disaster.
Those who openly resist will be made an example of in court and financially ruined
Eventually some a few random folks get caught, ground up in the system and spit out as criminals and guys will give up taking an offered amnesty.
It takes a lot of grit to resist. In a world where everyones desires and needs are accomodated (from hurt feelings to bathrooms to waxing of private parts) firearms owners continue to be criminalized. Im sick of feeling like the dogs **** to be scraped off someone's boot because I like guns and I believe it is my God given right to be able to protect myself and my family. I'm done with compliance. I'm resisting in ever manner I can. The first thing you can do is stop paying the bastards. Keep ever cent you can from them. Trade a load of firewood for some chickens, clear a driveway for some eggs. It sounds silly but everything you can do against the government is at least something. Cash, gold and silver, trade - cut Trudeau out of every transaction you can.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:02 PM

The best thing to do is keep pressure on them. Make them responsible for their actions. (Government, local, Provincial and Federal at all levels).

Next is hold them accountable, when they ban the firearms. It does not work. Every gun crime after that we sue the law makers for not making and or keeping us safe.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:21 PM

The Liberals and other leftists need to be called out on their misleading use of terminology every single time they repeat it: ‘buyback’ insinuates a voluntary transaction, which such an undertaking would most certainly not be. When writing to or talking with politicians, whatever their political stripe, call it what it is: forced seizure, legislated theft, etc. If they use an OIC to name their target firearms then add in arbitrary, undemocratic, unethical, autocratic, unscrupulous as adjectives. I’m sure I’ve missed many.

One thing is abundantly clear, the seizure of lawfully owned property for what amounts to a purely partisan opinion that is in no way backed by honest statistics is the move of pure tyrants. They whipped up their own hatred to epic proportions therefore they must take action upon that hatred. If they don’t bat an eyelash at stealing people’s property and subjecting any defiant citizens to financial and legal torture of the legal system, just imagine what will hold them back from their next totalitarian objectives? This is the same PM that has not once really answered a single difficult question posed to him. The same PM who only books interviews where he’ll be tossed a few softballs by the journalists that he’s paid off with our tax dollars... All this from the same group that prefers not to jail the actual criminals, they accept any excuse for criminal behavior (Gladue, bad upbringing, bullying victim or any other BS boo-hoo they can dream up).

Last edited by CaberTosser; 12-10-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Banned

Is that the soviet anthem and nazi party anthem I'm hearing at the distance?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:05 AM

Here is what is pretty much the outlook of the situation from the CCFR's POV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nR72APK0g
Old 12-11-2019, 08:55 AM

I'm waiting for truckloads of uniformed police kicking in doors of licensed gun owners newly criminalized by OIC, like a scene out of Fahrenheit 451 the firemen burn the firearms on the front lawn while dragging the owners off kicking and screaming.

Welcome to Trudeau's new Canada
Old 12-11-2019, 09:10 AM

New Zealand's buy back scheme has been a total failure.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-zealand...m-guns-1469405

And it just gets worse.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...y-breach-fears

So why would our government expect their attempt to be any more successful? Many of the firearms that will be involved are not registered, so the authorities don't even now that they exist, let alone who owns them.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Old 12-12-2019, 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;4069406]And then what will they do? Protest? Practise whining like Greta?

People that obey laws will bend over and take it because we have no options.

We HAVE to hope and believe that our voted in politicians will speak for us and do what is right, trouble is they have no power.

Beyond that, and beyond peaceful protest just what exactly have you got in mind?

99% of law abiding citizens can do nothing, as much as you whine and bitch on forums or maybe even participate in yellow vest protests we are in for whatever the lieberals have planned for us.

What is the answer?[/QUOTE

The PCs need to get a new leader at their helm, Scheer will be faced with another "open net" and will likely miss again...!
Old 12-12-2019, 09:08 AM

Blair's on record as stating “Assault-style rifles are military weapons designed to hunt people, and not animals, in the most efficient manner possible that maximizes the body count at minimum effort.” Makes a person wonder what the feds have in mind for us with their patrol carbines once they confiscate legally owned property from the rest of us.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:51 AM

Well what I saw on the CTV link is Scheer is resigning...…!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Well what I saw on the CTV link is Scheer is resigning...…!
The cynic in me just thought "here comes another snap election" as the Libs try to take advantage of every slimy trick they can.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 AM

Read they hadd 400 million for but out prograam. I would bet a good portion of that would go to administration costs.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawken54 View Post
Read they hadd 400 million for but out prograam. I would bet a good portion of that would go to administration costs.
Of course it would. My questions is how are they even coming up with a budget if they ban unregistered non restricted rifles? They have no idea how many there are... or where they are...

Same problem in NZ right now. This is going to cost tax payers into the Billions...and have absolutely no benefit to public safety. Facts don't matter, only feelings matter.