Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Default Am I the only one?!

I'm pretty well on the edge of my seat waiting for this rifle season.. Will be my
First year hunting with a rifle!! Buck fever is on! Pulled out the rifles and cleaned them all up, goin to the range this Sunday! Cannot wait to bag a my first buck,
-CIL bolt action .308
-Savage model 69E Canadian Sportsmans Edition 12GA Pump.

-Devon
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM

Default I hear ya!

You are far from alone. The anticipation of heading out for the hunt is almost as exciting as the hunt itself. I spend alot of time just organizing: figuring draw getting gear ready, prepping meals... are all part of the process I really enjoy every part of it.
I leave tomorrow for an annual hunt with 3 friends of mine from high school. I have know these gentlemen for over 20 years, them taking time out of their busy lives and away from their families so we can all go on this trip is very special.

So you are not alone and as you get older and life just seems to get more and more hectic you may find yourself appreciating the time you have in the feild more and more, with that the excitement grows as well.

Goood luck to you on your hunts this fall, soak up the time you get to spend outdoors, there is nothing like it!!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_boy17 View Post
I'm pretty well on the edge of my seat waiting for this rifle season.. Will be my
First year hunting with a rifle!! Buck fever is on! Pulled out the rifles and cleaned them all up, goin to the range this Sunday! Cannot wait to bag a my first buck,
not alone, i was like that last year (my first year of hunting), had a blast, even thoug every weekend i walked and walked seeing nothing, i did se a buck but it took off and some does which also ran off.

that is till the last two weekends of november. when i picked out a spot and waited, go tmy first doe,
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 AM

I actually.seem to be the opposite, I was all excited leading up to opening day, which here was 2 weeks ago, now that its here I seem to have no interest in at all really. Not sure what my problem is.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Banned

I get antsy about mid august, the rifle season opens here on september first but with three whole months you dont wanna kill a buck just yet so I head south to hunt mulies with a bow every september. Then I make sure I have either an elk or an early season moose tag to keep me hunting through the early season. Once that first snowfall comes down though.. then its officialy on! Gotta pace yourself to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of the season without going to hard and taking the fun out of it IMO. The first couple years I hunted my ass off all season and by the time the deer hunting was just starting to get good I wasnt enjoying it properly.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Default am i the only one

Your not the only one buddy I'm chopping at the bit have a cypress hills elk draw in Dec getting excited like my first hunt have a good hunt
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Dude. I wanna go hunting so bad I wanna throw up. Have been hunting 24 years and the excitement still makes me have hunting dreams(probably twitch like I'm seizing) and I drive my wife nuts. However excited you think you are, I'm that X10!!

Good luck this season!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_boy17 View Post
So first year hunting with a rifle, meaning used to bow hunt?? or straight up first year hunting?? Trust me you are by far not the only one lol. And trust me it doesnt get any easier as the years go by and the downed animal numbers go up. I have been fortunate enough to go on some goose hunts already and I cant wait to go again couple weeks hunt pheasant for a couple weeks then hunt elk then my deer woooo cant wait
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM

I'm going to hunting camp for the first time this year, for my first ever moose hunt. My wife is sick of hearing about how excited I am. Wednesday can't come fast enough!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I actually.seem to be the opposite, I was all excited leading up to opening day, which here was 2 weeks ago, now that its here I seem to have no interest in at all really. Not sure what my problem is.
I know that feeling I just got all pumped up and took a week off work to do some hunting and I shot 2 ducks and a goose the first evening (last frida)y and I haven't looked at any of my guns since its a bad year for me couldn't care less if I hunt or not may not even buy my deeer tags this year
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer View Post
I know that feeling I just got all pumped up and took a week off work to do some hunting and I shot 2 ducks and a goose the first evening (last frida)y and I haven't looked at any of my guns since its a bad year for me couldn't care less if I hunt or not may not even buy my deeer tags this year
I think you and leeaspell may need some professional help

Tags
buck, deer, fever, rifles