Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-14-2012, 11:50 PM

Default Thoughts on Quest bows?

I'm looking at getting new bow. I've always been partial to matthews but recently shot a quest primal and from my first impressions I loved it. Any feedback and thoughts on quest bows would be appreciated
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM

Love my Rev.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Default g5

sold my matthews z7 extreme magnum and bought a shift best thing i could have done
Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 PM

I dropped my G5 for a Mathews. G5 bows become discontinued and once that happens they do not make or carry parts for them down the road. Makes it hard to get new strings, cables, limbs, or cams and mods. I have shot their entire line up and as a competitive shooter found their bows decent but they don't hold a candle to a Mathews or Hoyt. There is a reason why these two big companies become so big, and it's not just marketing. It's building a product and standing behind it. I just ordered a new Creed from Mathews and plan on taking it down the road 3d shooting after it gets here. By far the best bow I personally have ever shot.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 AM

the z7 shot nice but i get tighter groups with the prime and the overall feel of the weight at the end of your arm of the z7 i didnt like probably due to the long riser dont shoot competitively but i do hunt
Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 AM

See I have the exact opposite problem, shot 1 inch groups with my g5 and can pretty much robin hood on command with my mathews z7 extreme.

Don't get me wrong, as I said before G5 makes a decent bow for an entry level shooter at a really low price. But for a more serious shooter or someone that plans on being competitive, you might look to a more reputable manufacturer.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
See I have the exact opposite problem, shot 1 inch groups with my g5 and can pretty much robin hood on command with my mathews z7 extreme.

Don't get me wrong, as I said before G5 makes a decent bow for an entry level shooter at a really low price. But for a more serious shooter or someone that plans on being competitive, you might look to a more reputable manufacturer.
G5 makes a sweet bow like joe sed but if you want durability performance and ass kicking speed then definitely look into a Matthews or a Hoyt me n joe shoot together all the time n he knows wtf he's talkin about.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:01 PM

Default smokin crack????

entry level at modest price ???? Check thread 2013 mathews bows and being a little more current on stats will no doubt make you more appreciative of all the top end bows not just the big name over priced and marketed Mathews selection