Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
The courts weren't exactly helpful either.
Very true, we need a justice system, but instead we have a legal system. The police and the courts apparently aren't capable of eliminating crime, so the government and the police call for more laws, rather than fix the real problem.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:41 PM

It's time we stop talking about new gun laws and focus on upholding the ones we already have. Why is there even option of parole? You commit the crime do the full sentence. I wish some one would do the stats for harsher sentences and how many crimes it would reduce. Intentional harm to a human being in the act of committing a crime with a firearm 100 years no parole. An absolute sentence for crime.
We need to change the criminal protection program that our government and justice system has implemented in our country.
There should be no such thing as criminally insane. Of they are that insane they are and always will be DANGEROUS!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Depends on the gun, if there are semi autos that can easily be made fully automatic with simple modifications, and you can get high round magazine for. I think we absolutely have to look at those rifles.
The only one that can easily be converted was the FN FAL which is now prohibited, the rest is pure fear-mongering bull****. The liars are referring to bump -firing. Not exactly effective.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Have any of you contacted your MP?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 PM

What if instead of banning things they consider to have potential for destruction due to the ease of modification into full auto, why not petition the manufacturers to implement something into the product that prevents this. Or makes it harder. Eventually, if someone wanted to, they could make anything a fully automatic weapon.

It's the same as how extended magazines are frowned upon, you have to limit the capacity of them. Well it really isn't hard to remove the limiting device from the mag. So why put the onus on the people who own them, put it on the people who make them/import them.

Also, I think Alberta is the only place where "Liberal" is used as a derogatory term.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Depends on the gun, if there are semi autos that can easily be made fully automatic with simple modifications, and you can get high round magazine for. I think we absolutely have to look at those rifles.
Be carefull what you wish for it might come true.you give these libtards an inch and they'll take a mile...
Old 01-15-2016, 02:15 PM

Breaking news....

Provinces move to ban RCMP after charter rights violations become rampant

Pretty simple solution huh.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaha Tinda View Post
Breaking news....

Would have been possible if Wild Rose would have got in.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
Would have been possible if Wild Rose would have got in.
Horse crap. They don't have the stones. Could have run on that and won easily, in fact it was suggested many times.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 PM

Once again CBC journalists using their public funded soap box to offer editorial and "analysis" on issues that concern themselves.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I don't know where you are getting your info but this is NOT what I was told by a firearm owning Aussie that I'm friends with. He never got paid for one firearm that he turned in and had to fight for a couple of others. He also told me that the appraisal value placed on the firearms was ridiculous with people receiving $500 for $1000 rifles. The only people that made anything were people that had old, rusted pieces of junk that were basically worthless but they got something for them. Justin isn't going to give you $1K for a mini 14, no way. $500 maybe.

I'm glad that I sold all of mine.
Let's face it. They can't afford to pay anyone for the guns they want to take so they'll just take em
Old 01-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Gone Hunting

The country is obviously buried under the pile of semi autos that have been converted to full auto. I know you can hardly drive through downtown Bodo with out running over them lying in the streets. Has there ever been a mass shooting or any kind of shooting involving one of these converted weapons?

With a anal cranial inversion spreading across the land , the cos focus on a non issue so that the sheeple will ignore the real threats facing this nation. Assume the default position and keep voting for less freedom and more lost right.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Have any of you contacted your MP?
Yes.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Id like to know what they would consider easily modified for sure. Is it just taking out a pin or is it rebuilding the whole action?
I'm pretty sure they're talking about bump firing, and the bump fire stocks you can get. It's the undereducated Americans shooting full auto at propane tanks and things like this that make people gun CRAZY, and I agree, but we don't have mass shootings here for the most part, really more knife attacks than anything. Other countries need to model their gun policy after us
Old 01-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yes.
Excellent!!! It looks like two of us out of about 70.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Excellent!!! It looks like two of us out of about 70.
Make that 3 of us, contacted all 3 parties took me forever to get off the libtards spam list
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage addict View Post
I'm pretty sure they're talking about bump firing, and the bump fire stocks you can get. It's the undereducated Americans shooting full auto at propane tanks and things like this that make people gun CRAZY, and I agree, but we don't have mass shootings here for the most part, really more knife attacks than anything. Other countries need to model their gun policy after us
Very well put !
Banned

Quote:
I believe the Mayerthorpe incident involved a fully auto weapon. It was a prohibited firearm for sure. The shooter in the ecole Polytechnique shooting in Quebec used a mini 14 with a high capacity magazine. I'm sure theres tons out there if we went and looked.
Nope. Mayerthorpe wasn't a full auto gun. (at least I couldn't find any reference, but if you have a link that would be great)

Gamil Gharbi killed those women because he was raised to hate women by a father that grew up in a culture that treated women as second class citizens. He would have killed 14 women if he had a kitchen knife, a bolt action rifle or a bomb. (maybe more)

Care to take a guess how many people were killed by the clock tower shooter using a remington 700? (more than 14) Need to ban those too?
Old 01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yes.
Another yes.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Another yes.
X5
Old 01-15-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

Once again it was semi automatic.
I could be wrong about this, but I heard that he had tried to make the mini 14 full auto, but mucked it up so badly that it was only usable as a straight pull...
Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM

I don't think too many people have fired fully automatic weapons if they think that the fire from automatics is more dangerous than accurately aimed semi-auto shooting.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
I don't think too many people have fired fully automatic weapons if they think that the fire from automatics is more dangerous than accurately aimed semi-auto shooting.
This is kinda what I was thinking. I am just imagining myself in a gopher field and the kill ratio I would get with a semi auto compared to a full auto 10/22.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Hello everyone !

I'm a new member here and enjoy reading all the great information and fun things people are up to.

This subject made me become a member of the forum because more people need to stand up on this troubling issue that involves all firearm owners.

I have had my pal for a while now and was under the assumption that when the RCMP issue a person a licence to own firearms that they trust you to use them in a safe and lawful manor.

What this all boils down to is trust and from everything I've encountered and learned there is absolutely no trust on the RCMP behalf and last night was a prime example of no trust to me and I will explain what I mean shortly.

It is quite evident that Alberta is going through some tough times in which theft and crime are going up and everyone is getting concerned especially the RCMP and for a good reason. I myself am also quite concerned about having my firearms stolen and I've gone as far as putting off my families short holidays that we enjoy going on so I don't worry about my firearms.

My friends safes are plumb full so I'm left with little option but to leave them in my very secure gun safe that can be opened easily with the proper equipment. I think it would be nice to have a public place that deals strictly in firearms storage that was affordable for the average person who wants to take off for a while.

Anyways, to me this possible gun grab boils down to the government and RCMP not doing their due diligence in the screening processes and if any changes that should be made this is the only one I see to be fair and feasible.

During the election the liberal party of Canada was constantly talking about fear and division and I think it will be rather interesting to see how they respond to the RCMP request to ban semi autos because this is fear and division at it's very best.

As a responsible firearms owner I go above and beyond my legal obligation in reguards to proper storage and transportation of my firearms. That means when I transport the guns are trigger locked and my ammo is in a locked container and out of view even if someone has a peek in my window.

Last night I went to a friends in the country to do some target practice. On my way back into the city I decided to stop at my lucky gas station to check some old lotto tickets and of coarse I didn't win. I pulled in right in front so i could clearly see my vehicle becuase i had a rifle with me and went as far to avoid a purchase so i could get back out to my truck quikly. Upon leaving the building a truck was parked next to mine so closely I almost couldn't get in.

The passenger of this vehicle rolled his window down and said don't worry I called the driver an ***hole for you, I laughed and squeezed into my truck. The two gentleman in this unmarked vehicle were RCMP officers and I know that because I pay attention to the local news in my community.

As I drove away I was thinking to my self, what just happened here ? I know both of these people are RCMP. I honestly think they figured I was going to knock off this gas station! and parked that close to deter an escape. This type of situation really concerned me and I actually felt like criminal for a moment and I didn't even do anything.

I do tend to make some noise at the range but that is normal for discharging arms. So I guess what I'm getting at here is if the RCMP are concerned about little old me a law biding firearms owner, there are greater issues at play here and they don't even trust the people they issue licences to.

I own a couple semi autos and have no reason to put up a fuss if they want to take them so long as I get reasonable compensation for them. I don't like it but would have no option and if it comes to that the liberal party of Canada are being hypocrites by their own theories on fear and division.

It is the government and RCMP that need to handle how they legislate firearms better and to me that is not taking them away from people like me or us.

What to do ? It's quite the conundrum.
2 things. some gun ranges offer storage.

Don't mistake someone simply being an a**hole or lack of driving skill for planning...
Old 01-15-2016, 03:00 PM

Default Mass shootings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
X2
You hear lots on gun violence but seems to slip everyone's mind on how many unborn are killed in this country every year but somehow gun murder is somehow different than abortion murder. If we did away with abortion giving up guns might be easier but sick people would never give that option up
Old 01-15-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Very true, we need a justice system, but instead we have a legal system. The police and the courts apparently aren't capable of eliminating crime, so the government and the police call for more laws, rather than fix the real problem.
Have you ever thought that the government and the legal system are one and the same??
Old 01-15-2016, 03:05 PM

Police: the biggest, strongest and most connected gang in the world. Why wouldn't you trust them to protect you after seizing all your firearms.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-15-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaha Tinda View Post
Breaking news....

They know it. Something to look at.

www.charterdefence.ca

Read the affidavit of William Penteny. (sp?) He gives away the farm on how legislation and regulations are made. Lots of stuff they will never want to provide in a disclosure request.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum shooter View Post
You hear lots on gun violence but seems to slip everyone's mind on how many unborn are killed in this country every year but somehow gun murder is somehow different than abortion murder. If we did away with abortion giving up guns might be easier but sick people would never give that option up
WOW, I did not see this coming!!! Well done
Old 01-15-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
What if instead of banning things they consider to have potential for destruction due to the ease of modification into full auto, why not petition the manufacturers to implement something into the product that prevents this. Or makes it harder. Eventually, if someone wanted to, they could make anything a fully automatic weapon.
Have you ever looked into what is required to make an AR-15 full auto? The manufacturer made sure that it wasn't easily accomplished with a minor mod.

Quote:
I fired several full auto firearms in the USA. It wasn't at all easy to shoot them accurately. The range was located in a pit with a huge berm on three sides, and some people walked a trail of bullets out of the pit and into the berm, because of the recoil, before the mag was empty, or they took their finger off of the trigger.