Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Default Wild bird general store

Not sure how many people on here consider the wild bird general store when shopping for optics, but I need to give them a big shout out, and a huge thank you for going above and beyond the regular call of duty for me.

I have a couple Leica Er series rifle scopes, that were not purchased through them. Recently one of the scopes needed to be returned to Leica for warranty service work, mainly due to me being kind of stupid. Don’t need to go into details here. I made a quick call to Steve at the wild bird general store, and explained what happened, and was very clear that I did not originally buy the scope from him, and he said no problem. He got a hold of the local Leica rep(also a very nice guy) and arranged for all the repairs for me, I dropped the scope off with Steve, he transferred the scope to the Leica rep, and off it went to Germany to get fixed. I got the scope back last week, 10 weeks after I dropped it off, in new condition. 100% pain free, fantastic customer service from a guy that didn’t make a cent me and my original purchase.

I can say without a doubt that in the future the first stop for any of my optics needs will be the wild bird store, their staff are very friendly folk, with a huge emphasis on old fashioned customer service. If you’ve never checked out their store I highly recommend them.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:39 PM

I have enjoyed a couple conversations about bird watching and such with Steve & staff there and everyone was very engaging and friendly. I think they are really involved with the winter bird counts too.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-03-2018, 06:39 PM

They are my families go to spot for optics over the past dozen years. Customer service second to none.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Amazing store and staff ... highly recommended.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 PM

The wildbird General Store has been voted the #1 gift shop by Vueweekly
for the second year in a row.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:12 AM

Do they sell rifle scopes?
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 10-04-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Do they sell rifle scopes?
Ohhhh! Zulu... don't ...
Old 10-04-2018, 11:56 AM

I don’t think that they stock rifle scopes, but they deal with swaro, Leica, vortex and others and will order in whatever you want from those manufacturers
Old 10-04-2018, 12:15 PM

Thanks. Maybe I will buy my next scope from them.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard