Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM

Default Toxic Broadhead

Well I have been like a kid in a candy store waiting for these to arrive so here is a quick little review as I have received them today.These broadheads looked great out of the package and the write up was great,so dialed one up for 20 yards to see how they shoot.They are not very target friendly and will chew up your targets in no time at all.So first shot was 5 inch left ,thought I might of pulled it so shot another 4 times ,all shooting left about 5 inches so they did not shoot like my field tips.Might be better after a tune up.Shot field tips to confirm poi was on and it was dead center.Shot one of my G5 Montec and it was bang on also.Well after 5 shots with toxic broadhead it fell apart on me pulling it out of the target.maybe it was a lemon head from the start and I only tried one as they are pricy to be messing around target shooting.44.99 FOR 3.So from what I can see is that the chisel tip is held on with very minimal steel threads and 2 of them broke off causing the chisel to fall off also.So not as impressed as when I first seen them advertised and as I said could have just been a lemon from the factory.I have added some pics so you can see for yourself.If this is what they do in a foam target I would hate to see what would happen on a big game animal.I will be doing more testing with the other 2 and let you know how the perform

Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM

I saw those at Jimbow's and watched Joe shoot and his were hitting exactly like his field tips ,could of been a lemon, and yaeh it sure will chew up your targets . He shot it twice while we were watching and and basically hit same hole maybe off by mm. You should see if there is a type of warranty thing through manufacturer
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 AM

Good review thus far 70chevy, Havent recieved mine yet.. hope to hear more...wasnt exspecting that..I thought blades if anything but they look more ridgid than I expected also...I belive they could be tuned to fly same POI as fieldtips.. as any normal heads .....and one isnt going to be shooting them at an animal more than once without reshaperpning etc...

Would be interesting to see what happens to one at a sheet of 1/2 plywood...and of course a real critter...

Neil
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM

Default Toxic

That sucks......I shot the crap out of them and i've had great results.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QjGFZOLEA

Decent review short of shooting it at a critter

Based on the pics I'm seeing above it looks pretty cheap IMO
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAlite View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QjGFZOLEA

Decent review short of shooting it at a critter

Based on the pics I'm seeing above it looks pretty cheap IMO
Much better test than shooting jugs of water
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM

Not surprised....

www.nicktrehearne.com
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnbowhunter View Post
Not surprised....
I agree , they look kinda flimsy and appear they would peel like a banana when striking bone etc.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM

Default Update

So it is looking like the first broadhead was a lemon.Upon further trials with these I have not had an issue.Dialed up 2nd broadhead and poi was exactly the same as field points and montecs.Completly destroyed my target trying these out and did not have one failure in 60 shots.Now in the market for a new target.I am still pretty skeptical of these due to the fact of the problems with the first one tried out and I think I will continue to use my montecs as these are tried and true.Might change my mind if I see some pics of animals taken with these but it will always be in the back of my mind of what happened with the first one and it would devastate to me wound an animal knowing how the first one failed.Might have to go try it out on some gophers and see what happens lol