Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-03-2022, 07:17 AM

Cool Marlin 1895 stainless in .45 70

Finally, Ruger is advertising these as “now shipping”. Check out marlinfirearms.com but it’s possible that it’s only in the Excited States....
Old 01-03-2022, 08:19 AM

Old news. Expect the first of these into Canada in about 3 months.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Old news. Expect the first of these into Canada in about 3 months.
Doubling that is likely more realistic.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-03-2022, 02:15 PM

Default Ruger made marlins

I’ve emailed around Alberta looking for one. There are a couple of dealers expecting delivery, one of which didn’t have much of a timeline, the other had an approximate ETA of may/ June. I’ve got my name on one for the may/June delivery. Pm me if you want details.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:31 PM

Joe

Others my have known this but it is the first I heard it. Thanks for posting this up. Not looking for one persoanlly but I know there are a ton of guys waiting anxiously for these to show up. If you guys have yours already ordered maybe post up what dealers you are using, I know I have seen stuff from a lot of other guys that would like to get on any waiting list their is.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Doubling that is likely more realistic.
I agree!
Old 01-03-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
I agree!

I haven't seen used Marlin 45/70's listed for sale for a couple years now, I now know why.

Just curious, what's the used price for very good condition Marlin 1895's non-JM stamped? By very good I mean not hunted with, low round count, all bluing intact.

I've never experienced a JM stamped Marlin but the 3 Remington-owned ones we have are fantastic. Never had a problem with them.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranq78 View Post
I haven't seen used Marlin 45/70's listed for sale for a couple years now, I now know why.

Just curious, what's the used price for very good condition Marlin 1895's non-JM stamped? By very good I mean not hunted with, low round count, all bluing intact.

I've never experienced a JM stamped Marlin but the 3 Remington-owned ones we have are fantastic. Never had a problem with them.
Check out GunBroker website. US market, but the prices are a little crazy right now.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranq78 View Post

I have been following them on auction sites in the US for almost the last year now. Blued 1895g are consistently selling for 14-1600 usd. The stainless versions add more. The gbl has been few and far between but they are over 2k. The new Ruger SBL I’ve seen several sell for over 3000 and buy now prices are frequently 3500$ on gunbroker.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:27 PM

I have a stainless guide gun in 45-70, those kinda prices make me think of selling this dust gatherer.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I have a stainless guide gun in 45-70, those kinda prices make me think of selling this dust gatherer.
I'm with you on that one. I have a brand new one i got in a trade about 3 years back that still is unfired. I thought i would use it more but only use my 30-06.

The price these are commanding now ($2,500+) is absolutely insane.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano88 View Post
I'm with you on that one. I have a brand new one i got in a trade about 3 years back that still is unfired. I thought i would use it more but only use my 30-06.

The price these are commanding now ($2,500+) is absolutely insane.
There will never be a better time to sell surplus lever guns. I am down to one 45-70, first time in 40 years. I sold off 3, one 1886 and two Marlins, along with a couple of other levers. They went like antacid at a Scotch Bonnet eating contest, and they went for absolutely ridiculous prices. The 1886 had a bidding war, I had already listed it high and it sold for double that.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
There will never be a better time to sell surplus lever guns. I am down to one 45-70, first time in 40 years. I sold off 3, one 1886 and two Marlins, along with a couple of other levers. They went like antacid at a Scotch Bonnet eating contest, and they went for absolutely ridiculous prices. The 1886 had a bidding war, I had already listed it high and it sold for double that.
Gotta love when that happens. Seems like everything (Cars, guns, motorcycles, RV's, houses) are going crazy with their pricing. Lots of money on the market right now, thanks COVID...
Old 01-28-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb88 View Post
Gotta love when that happens. Seems like everything (Cars, guns, motorcycles, RV's, houses) are going crazy with their pricing. Lots of money on the market right now, thanks COVID...
I think the market for Rem made Marlins may be cooling off. I have now seen a couple of blued 22 inch, walnut ones where the price has been dropped a couple of times and they are still sitting. Maybe the Rugers starting to be delivered has cooled it down some.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I think the market for Rem made Marlins may be cooling off. I have now seen a couple of blued 22 inch, walnut ones where the price has been dropped a couple of times and they are still sitting. Maybe the Rugers starting to be delivered has cooled it down some.
Time will tell but I think until they get a decent amount of them out there and in peoples hands, the demand will remain high... and so will the prices.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb88 View Post
Time will tell but I think until they get a decent amount of them out there and in peoples hands, the demand will remain high... and so will the prices.
Buddy of mine just picked one of the new one's up. Paid somewhere around $1100 USD. I'm headed to grab mine tomorrow so will be able to say exact price in about 16 hours if all goes well. He says it's pretty sweet and one guy offered him 3600$ on the spot to buy it from him.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:44 PM

Default Finally got it

Well had a days delay as the wife was sick yesterday but picked up the new rifle today! So far have to say I’m impressed! Nice machine work and polishing with a very light coat of gun oil on all metal parts. I cleaned the bore out and it was a bit dirty I assume from a test fire. Horse and rider on the grip cap checkering and Red Bulls eye are crisp and cut clean but not excessively sharp. Large loop is blended nice so there’s no sharp edges. Trigger doesn’t feel like there’s any play and breaks when you hit the required weight. (Still a bit on the heavy side compared to my bolt action Bergara)The front sight and ghost ring are quite effective and your eye does naturally center the tritium post. I’m going to try a trijicon rmr on it and see how I like that. The recoil pad does feel like a dense practice rubber hockey puck. I Haven’t had a chance to fire it yet so unknown how well it will work. I have some factory 460 gr +p hard cast ammo and some 420gr hard cast to reload. Overall I’m impressed! Paid right under $1140 usd. S/N 4194. As far as I know there were only 3 in Bozeman and I got one of them my 2 buddies got the other ones. No other dealers seem to know when they’re arriving so I’m pretty stoked to be one of the first!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D8E38C04-5BE3-4D90-B764-D2DA338D260B.jpg (35.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 03-04-2022, 08:11 PM

That's good news.
Ahead of schedule and we'll under the asking price of the gougers at the gun shows.