Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
Damn! I hate showing up late for a party! Sir Pikealot told me about some racist comments being thrown around so I had to read it. Just finished reading it and got a good chuckle out of it. Shouldn't have read it while on the toilet, I think my hemorrhoids are back. lol! This thread is so far derailed, I don't think it'll ever get back on track. Oh well it's entertaining nevertheless!

I just want to add my 2 cents to the first derailment though...I'm Vietnamese/Chinese and prefer to be called Asian not Oriental (although I've been mistakened for being Mexican on a number of occasions which is okay because I think Mexicans are cool). Oriental makes me think of geishas and china dolls for some reason. If you're not sure about the politically correct term to describe an ethnic group, watch the news. They use asians and caucasians. I've never heard the news or the police refer to an asian as oriental. Also, I've never heard of a white person being offended by being called a caucasian.

I usually pipe up when I hear or read racist sh!t but have been busy lately so thanks boot for stepping up! (no pun intended)

Okay, you can go back to discussing minnows...

you look caucasian in your avy.....nice eye!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
rock flipping pike?

you have stonefly hatches.....like goldens?
yeah we got quite a few stonefly hatches. there only in a few parts of the river where its oxygenated enough.
yeah the pike in that river have to get resourceful. itested this theory by putting a small rock by the pike let it sit over nigh and it was flipped and the hatches were gone. i caught the pike look into his mouth and seen lots of scuds and a half digested stonefly.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;944699]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post

But do pike carry pliers?
They better!!!! dont they know its going to be against the law!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=horsetrader;944687]
Quote:
rock flipping pike?

How the heck do pike flip rocks

I heard of flipping for pike but................
I have witnessed Browns flipping stones in shallow water two seperate times, watched a pike repeatedly nudge a small log at Badger and watched a big brood trout shovelling minnows as if coralling them for maximum gulpage.

The first time I saw the Brown flip stones on the Bow, another fisherman said "we are witnessing something not many people get to see!", it lasted about 5 minutes.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
a bear
is this manbearpig?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
is this manbearpig?
not sure...i was walking pretty fast after i saw it.

TU get your butt out here......that first light fishing is cranked right up
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM

pic for kenbubblesvette
Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 PM

lets go TR.....fireban....BC bound
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=GustavMahler;945198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post

I have witnessed Browns flipping stones in shallow water two seperate times, watched a pike repeatedly nudge a small log at Badger and watched a big brood trout shovelling minnows as if coralling them for maximum gulpage.

The first time I saw the Brown flip stones on the Bow, another fisherman said "we are witnessing something not many people get to see!", it lasted about 5 minutes.
i didnt know it wa rare. the browns under the homless shlter bridge flip rocks 24/7.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Fish Hunter7;945842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post

i didnt know it wa rare. the browns under the homless shlter bridge flip rocks 24/7.
Son that aint no homeless shelter.....thats a full facilty Spa...pool tables, free synthetic drugs, resturant.....its top of the line
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;945847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post

Son that aint no homeless shelter.....thats a full facilty Spa...pool tables, free synthetic drugs, resturant.....its top of the line
legit?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=Fish Hunter7;945863]
Quote:

legit?
they had a sit down protest when their satelite tv got replaced with cable
Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 PM

isnt the quote button malfunctioning?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Fish Hunter7;945842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post

Rare to see.

I'm sure there are Browns this very moment turning stones for halgremites and grub.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;945868]
Quote:

they had a sit down protest when their satelite tv got replaced with cable
wow well they got some interesting stories about the river and there ways of catching them if you dont get beat up haha.
like at night under the bridge where theres spot lights taking a spoon and drifting in past them. ect pools and there own honey holes where they dont use anymore.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
isnt the quote button malfunctioning?
Yes,, and my personal hell is that FH7's posts are as being stated by me, moi, Mr. Perfect Everytime Spelling.

The Howwor, The Howwor!

(that's my impersonation of Elmer Fudd playing Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.)

Chubs posts are getting shuffled with Shaun the CO
Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=Fish Hunter7;945877]
Quote:

wow well they got some interesting stories about the river and there ways of catching them if you dont get beat up haha.
like at night under the bridge where theres spot lights taking a spoon and drifting in past them. ect pools and there own honey holes where they dont use anymore.
FH7.....stay away from those people.....one day your gonna meet a bad one
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;945904]
Quote:

FH7.....stay away from those people.....one day your gonna meet a bad one
yeah theres lots of bad people around there. and lots doing and dealin them around thats why i liked going by the construction sites (with permission) and fished there. no preasure and no druggies.
and...
thanks chubbs
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Fish Hunter7;945934]
Quote:

yeah theres lots of bad people around there. and lots doing and dealin them around thats why i liked going by the construction sites (with permission) and fished there. no preasure and no druggies.
and...
thanks chubbs
be carefull around the shouldice to the homeless hacienda too.... the banks have alot of needles laying around
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM

i just put up a new c14 stradic in the help Slave Lake Auction.....bid for a good cause everyone......
Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 PM

and now a sweet creek flyrod....for a good cause everyone
Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 AM

nice bid Horse.....thats putting the definition of a good cause up front and center......i will try not to call you bad names for a couple days buddy..lol
Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
nice bid Horse.....thats putting the definition of a good cause up front and center......i will try not to call you bad names for a couple days buddy..lol
Well that just wouldn't be right keeping that bottled up could hurt you........LOL

Good on you for putting the reel up.........
Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
not sure...i was walking pretty fast after i saw it.

TU get your butt out here......that first light fishing is cranked right up
I see this thread is actually starting to head back in a positive direction. Awesome on you for putting up some great stuff to donate to such a good cause - if there is a feasible way for me to put up some items let me know.

As a side note, I would also take this opportunity to raise everyone's awareness of the serious threat to mankind as we know it. Al Gore does not get much respect in this country and it is really frustrating to his followers, such as myself. This threat should be the single most cause of concern for everyone ..Im talking of course about manbearpig...I'm super cereal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7DR...eature=related
Old 05-19-2011, 03:02 PM

sweet walleye stick donated by the Fishin Hole now in the Slave Lake auction. Help our Bros and sistas in Slave Lake
Old 05-19-2011, 03:31 PM

I was thinking of auctioning off a day of walleye fishing in southern Alberta on my boat with all the money going to the slave lake funds. Do you think I should look into doing that or find something else to put up for auction? My boat isn't big or fast but is comfortable and does catch fish.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

I think you should do that, I'd bid on it for sure. I havent bought my boat yet and its killing me seeing all this fishing talk down here in the south, I gotta get back home to the cabin and cure my walleye/pike/laker itch.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
I was thinking of auctioning off a day of walleye fishing in southern Alberta on my boat with all the money going to the slave lake funds. Do you think I should look into doing that or find something else to put up for auction? My boat isn't big or fast but is comfortable and does catch fish.
i think its a great idea....im just not sure about the legalities because payment is sorta involved
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM

Ya I am not sure how that would work. You don't need a guide license in Alberta and there would be no profit being made from it. I am also unsure how to go about getting it all started. Do I just post it up on that thread for the slave lake auction and get the winning bidder to send the money to the person in charge? or do they send the money to me and then I send it in?

I will have all the gear and bait and could also make the lunch and provide non alcoholic beverages for the day and could pick the winner up along the way if they are along the way. If not we could just meet up at the lake they would like to fish in southern Alberta. Any help on setting something like that up would be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to put people on some walleyes.

Nate
Old 05-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Ya I am not sure how that would work. You don't need a guide license in Alberta and there would be no profit being made from it. I am also unsure how to go about getting it all started. Do I just post it up on that thread for the slave lake auction and get the winning bidder to send the money to the person in charge? or do they send the money to me and then I send it in?

I will have all the gear and bait and could also make the lunch and provide non alcoholic beverages for the day and could pick the winner up along the way if they are along the way. If not we could just meet up at the lake they would like to fish in southern Alberta. Any help on setting something like that up would be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to put people on some walleyes.

Nate

KENpuddlesVETTE....explained it to me last night....the winner sends you the money and you send the prize(in your case i guess a letter) to them.....you can decide where specifically the money goes to- to help the people of Slave.

yaa i would just post in the thread your intentions.....maybe Ken could reply here too if he has some concerns