Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 AM

well everyone is entitled to their own opinion.i have worked for a few dodge dealers and everyone has the same story.we dont want crooked mechanics but then look the other way when they catch them.as for doing more than 1 service at a time to me thats common sense especially when you only have 1 hoist per guy.i dont know too many mechanics checking for oil leaks while doing diff services when they know it has warranty and alot of serv managers dont want to fix a leak if the cust never seen it
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 AM

its a 2010 1500 hemi crew 3.92 rear
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
Speaking of dodge axles... My friends dodge had some sort of thermal melt down and the tire and axle broke right off on one side. We were joking around the camp fire once about how I told him a dodge is an ok truck until your axle breaks or a tire falls off while your driving down the road,lol

a harmonic whining resembling something like that of rubbing your finger around the top of a wine glass is usually bearing faliure.... As they heat up they expand and get red hot then fusion happens and when rotating mass going 3000rpm or so seizes something explodes.
Yup. Happened to me in my '02 Cummins. Only thing holding the wheel on was the brakes.

Was hard to tell what was going on, obviously missed it prior to the meltdown. Thought there was some vibration, but it was winter and there was packed ice on the highway.. the noise made it tough to hear anything different.

The smoking and odd smell coming from the fender well was a dead giveaway though.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM

well, update

dodge got it up on the hoist and the entire rear end is gone. everything needs replacing it looks like from the driveshaft back. national backorder on parts so no idea on how long. they are setting up a rental for me through enterprise. quite the ordeal. looks like warranty has everything though.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour86 View Post
well, update

dodge got it up on the hoist and the entire rear end is gone. everything needs replacing it looks like from the driveshaft back. national backorder on parts so no idea on how long. they are setting up a rental for me through enterprise. quite the ordeal. looks like warranty has everything though.
Just glad to hear your made it out okay.
Good thing they are footing the bill
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM

lucky man.
The front drivers side hub on my brothers dodge diesel failed on deerfoot a month and a half ago. Sent him careening into the barracade, and across 4 lanes of traffic into the other side. He was fine, the truck wasn't... a bit of a work and its back on the road now though...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 AM

A steering malfunction is believed to be the cause of a fiery car crash that killed three people on Friday.

Family said Les Toews, 69, was driving his son’s Dodge pickup truck and trailer with his son-in-law and two grandchildren southbound on Highway 21 near Three Hills.

RCMP said the truck lost control, drove into the northbound lane and collided with a car.

The two people in the car died on the scene, and they have not yet been positively identified because they were burned beyond recognition.

Toews’ son-in-law, Tony, and grandchildren made it safely out, thanks in part to the quick thinking of an unidentified first responder, but Toews couldn’t be freed from the wreckage.

The two grandchildren were released from hospital on Saturday, while Tony is expected to recover from burns, cracked ribs and a broken vertebrae.

A horse also died in the crash, while another horse is still receiving care from veterinarians.

Speed and alcohol are not considered factors.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Steerin...#ixzz26pGRn6QX