Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Default putting out the whole film will have very grave consequences around the world

Really?

I swear

Quote:
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah made a rare public appearance on Monday to warn the United States that it faced further anger and repercussions across the Muslim world unless it suppressed a video that mocks the Prophet Mohammad.

"The world should know our anger will not be a passing outburst but the start of a serious movement that will continue on the level of the Muslim nation to defend the Prophet of God," Nasrallah told tens of thousands of marchers in Beirut's southern suburbs.

"The world needs to understand our links to God's prophet ... It did not understand the level of the insult that God's prophet was subjected to through some of the clips of this insulting film," he said, to roars of applause and cheers from the crowd.

Nasrallah called on governments across the world to censor websites carrying clips from the amateurish film, produced in California, and urged Muslims to boycott those sites.

"America, which uses the pretext of freedom of expression ... needs to understand that putting out the whole film will have very grave consequences around the world," he added.

Nasrallah has lived in hiding to avoid assassination since Hezbollah fought a month-long war with Israel in 2006.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM

Yes. Really. Ridiculous, ain't it?

Coworker and I were discussing this same thing this morning. He is ex-military, gave me quite the insight on Muslim beliefs. As I understand, their beliefs are incompatible with ours, and vice versa. Actually, it's pretty obvious.

The western world will not ever change anything and we are fools to believe we can.

Any slander against the Prophet Mohammed is punishable by death. Western civilization is guilty by association.

Again, this is how it was explained to me. I could be wrong, I have not read the Qur' an and do not intend on it.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned

oooooooo. Well I guess we should just scratch that freedom of speech thing off our list. Then I'm sure they will love us.

Kiss their ass on this one and you can bet your bottom dollar the list of demands will grow. This is what happens when you let the spoiled brats get away with whatever they want. The big O's bowing and scraping tour of apologies to the Muslim world obviously wasn't enough for them.

Time to build another drone factory and add a few more shifts.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM

I say we turn em all into pig feed
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM

Bring it.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
Bring it.
I think they're more than happy to..
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM

I have lots of ammo for the zombie muzzie hoards.lol
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

I would like to hear more from the moderate muslims around the world speaking out against these extremists. Where are they??
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I would like to hear more from the moderate muslims around the world speaking out against these extremists. Where are they??
Interestingly enough, we were also discussing this ^ earlier today as well.

Is there REALLY such a thing as a "moderate" in this religion? My coworker says no. This *is* the religion: there is no tolerance.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Could someone send me a link to these clips I'd really like to watch them
Old 09-17-2012, 12:18 PM

I havent been following this closely because it truly boils my blood.

However, it seems to me that we are getting closer to witnessing TSHTF.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
Interestingly enough, we were also discussing this ^ earlier today as well.

Is there REALLY such a thing as a "moderate" in this religion? My coworker says no. This *is* the religion: there is no tolerance.
Yeah, then your co-worker is a moron. Of COURSE there are moderate Muslims. If there weren't the world would be at war with every Muslim state. Saying that all Muslims are extremists is zenophobia at a minimum.

I know dozens of Muslims and every single one I would consider a moderate. They think that another country's or individual's right to expression doesn't end because something they are doing is against their religion.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM

I actually wonder how many of those protesters actually have an internet connection to view the preview clip or does inctruction come form the Mosques. France has banned Demonstrations to the film. From what have read there never was enough funds to do the entire film.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 PM

ShawnM, I would sure hope so. I can't fathom the concept that every single person of Muslim faith is quite that ... committed? Wrong word, maybe?

I don't think I would call my coworker a moron though, but I would certainly disagree with him. His perspective is wayyyy different than mine.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I've been waiting, you've been waiting, the whole world has been waiting. They won't say boo. I'm guessing it's not because they agree but because they fear for their lives. Hillary Clinton is a grade a tool for licking their boots, answer should have been suck it up, this is America, we make the laws here not you. This will end badly, I am very tolerant, but I expect the same from others, push back has to come at some point. Tell them to take a hike and stay out of their affairs, and keep a close watch on our country. The terrorists are basically running the US national security into the ground, a few rag band nut jobs leading what used to be the world power, by the nose.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Bring it.

Infidel Proud!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
ShawnM, I would sure hope so. I can't fathom the concept that every single person of Muslim faith is quite that ... committed? Wrong word, maybe?

I don't think I would call my coworker a moron though, but I would certainly disagree with him. His perspective is wayyyy different than mine.
If he truly believes that there are only extremists in the largest religion in the world then I'm afraid he truly is a moron...

Sheer numbers says that if the overwhelming majority of the Muslims weren't non-violent, tolerant, moderates then the rest of the world would have been wiped off the planet already.

It is fear mongering, plain and simple. I remember back to the old days of the Cold War and the "facts" about the Soviets being war hungry, Western hating devils that were only prevented from invading the rest of the world by the good ole' USA.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I've been waiting, you've been waiting, the whole world has been waiting. They won't say boo. I'm guessing it's not because they agree but because they fear for their lives. Hillary Clinton is a grade a tool for licking their boots, answer should have been suck it up, this is America, we make the laws here not you. This will end badly, I am very tolerant, but I expect the same from others, push back has to come at some point. Tell them to take a hike and stay out of their affairs, and keep a close watch on our country. The terrorists are basically running the US national security into the ground, a few rag band nut jobs leading what used to be the world power, by the nose.
OK think critically about this: What is more exciting to play up in the media? A person who gets on television and says "Let's just relax, it's not that big of a deal. Life will go on, it's not worth over reacting." OR some wingnut who talks about wiping Western civilization off the map?

Like all mass media in the last 15-20years only the most controversial and inflamatory get air time, and we as sportsmen(women) and gun owners should be painfully aware of this.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
OK think critically about this: What is more exciting to play up in the media? A person who gets on television and says "Let's just relax, it's not that big of a deal. Life will go on, it's not worth over reacting." OR some wingnut who talks about wiping Western civilization off the map?

Like all mass media in the last 15-20years only the most controversial and inflamatory get air time, and we as sportsmen(women) and gun owners should be painfully aware of this.
Not quit sure what your point is, that it's over blown by the media? Not sure if that's the case, they're just reporting, were reacting. Will the nuts take over the world, who knows, it's pretty obvious to us they're nuts, to their own people maybe not so much. I am not comparing it to Hitler, other than to show how perception can be different dependent on where you sit. But it was pretty obvious while Hitler was marching through Europe, that he was a messed up dude, and he got a whole nation to follow along with him. Religions are by there very nature exclusive so if you can convince people that they are doing Gods work, they will follow. I don't know much about Muslims and how much the followers actually read the book, but I am a Christian and a lot of the flacky preachers with their huge followings, have them because most Christians don't read their Bibles. We'd rather be told what it says and how to interpret it, those that raise voices of concern are looked down on as faithless or causing strife and division. Who knows maybe the Muslim world is at the same place. I do know they have a few different sects that believe a little differently.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
If he truly believes that there are only extremists in the largest religion in the world then I'm afraid he truly is a moron...

Sheer numbers says that if the overwhelming majority of the Muslims weren't non-violent, tolerant, moderates then the rest of the world would have been wiped off the planet already.

It is fear mongering, plain and simple. I remember back to the old days of the Cold War and the "facts" about the Soviets being war hungry, Western hating devils that were only prevented from invading the rest of the world by the good ole' USA.
While temperment of some muslim people may be moderate. You must remember that the fundementals and principles of the religion were based on military actions and regimes. Modern interpretations of Islamic texts advocate the unification of religion and state . State in the middle east has always been well documented over time of military influence and dicatorship.

There are very explicit versus in the quran that can turn any moderate person into an extremist over night, if they identify with the text. Especially when challenging the religion and family.

While religion isn't that important in the western world, you leave North America and you will notice a profound difference. Comparing the muslim guy down the street to one 10,000 km away is very different. Also you got remember that most immigrents in Canada don't consider themselves true Canadians , but xyz country / Canadian. Religion and family ties back home, are enough to make anyone show alligence to their intrests.

It's hard for most that live here to understand , how the people accross the pond live , and how much influence a religion has .

Last edited by pottymouth; 09-17-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
While temperment of some muslim people may be moderate. You must remember that the fundementals and principles of the religion were based on military actions and regimes. Modern interpretations of Islamic texts advocate the unification of religion and state . State in the middle east has always been well documented over time of military influence and dicatorship.

There are very explicit versus in the quran that can turn any moderate person into an extremist over night, if they identify with the text. Especially when challenging the religion and family.

While religion isn't that important in the western world, you leave North America and you will notice a profound difference. Comparing the muslim guy down the street to one 10,000 km away is very different. Also you got remember that most immigrents in Canada don't consider themselves true Canadians , but xyz country / Canadian. Religion and family ties back home, are enough to make anyone show alligence to their intrests.

It's hard for most that live here to understand , how the people accross the pond live , and how much influence a religion has .
I understand where and why your opinions on Muslims and the Muslim religion are formed. I'm a product of the same culture. Having said that it is up to the educated and informed to critically think about what we are hearing.

I suggest to anyone that is interested in the politics of the Middle East to actually read the Qur'an. Yes there are passages that can be misinterpreted or taken in a very literal sense but the same goes for the good ole' King James Bible. "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" sound familiar? We don't go around executing witches any more but it wasn't that long ago that we did.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM

we dont go around burning the flag either they still do there goverment is at fault in the middle east . they do not put down these protest
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
we dont go around burning the flag either they still do there goverment is at fault in the middle east . they do not put down these protest
Not sure what you mean by "We". Because I can't count the # of times I've seen people IN the US or Canada burning an American flag, Israeli flag, etc.

They are just people, same as you and me. They're trying to get through their week and put food on the table just like you are. They don't give a damn for wars, conflict, or even begin to care what is in some half-completed film made by a nobody, starred in by nobodies, etc.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I understand where and why your opinions on Muslims and the Muslim religion are formed. I'm a product of the same culture. Having said that it is up to the educated and informed to critically think about what we are hearing.

I suggest to anyone that is interested in the politics of the Middle East to actually read the Qur'an. Yes there are passages that can be misinterpreted or taken in a very literal sense but the same goes for the good ole' King James Bible. "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" sound familiar? We don't go around executing witches any more but it wasn't that long ago that we did.
Do we still have witches ?

All I know at the end is one Prophet preached love, acceptance, tolerance etc... The other has more blood spilled on his hands than most warriors. I have read both, and if you want to know how they think, just ask yourself a couple of simple question in each situation!!!

What would Jesus do? Or what did Jesus do? And then ask ...what did
mohammad do? ,or what would he do ? If you read both pretty easy to see the path!

They may have families and want the same simple things in life, as most westerners. But the fact still remains, if your not with them, your against them
according to their scriptures.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Guys I think there's some confusion between "muslim" and "Islam" happening here.

Not every Muslim practices the religion Islam and vice versa. Islam is what prompts the intolerance and extremism.

Now personally I don't like Islam on any level unless it's just as watered down as modern day Christianity (IE Santa Claus and other such things). I think even at relatively peaceful levels, Islam is fundamentally bad for human rights.

And they take some things WAY too seriously. Probably still people dying because of that Dutch comic strip that came out a few years ago. Passion and understanding don't have to be mutually exclusive. Wish good old Mohammed would have written that somewhere.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM

No moderate voices out there?

This will blow your mind.

Further, do you have any idea how many Muslims there are in the world?

Very, very many.

If they were truly all out to get us freedom-loving infidels, don't you think they'd have managed to do a lot more damage in the 11 years since 9/11 than what's happened at the hands of a few, largely unsuccessful radicals?

Yes, this is a Facebook meme, but it serves a good point:

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Cool View Post
Guys I think there's some confusion between "muslim" and "Islam" happening here.

Not every Muslim practices the religion Islam and vice versa. Islam is what prompts the intolerance and extremism.

Now personally I don't like Islam on any level unless it's just as watered down as modern day Christianity (IE Santa Claus and other such things). I think even at relatively peaceful levels, Islam is fundamentally bad for human rights.

And they take some things WAY too seriously. Probably still people dying because of that Dutch comic strip that came out a few years ago. Passion and understanding don't have to be mutually exclusive. Wish good old Mohammed would have written that somewhere.
Yup you got me, I thought Islam was the religion and a Muslim was a follower. That is incorrect? If so could you explain it please.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
I havent been following this closely because it truly boils my blood.

However, it seems to me that we are getting closer to witnessing TSHTF.
Yup. News over there which i just got from my Israeli friend from over there news channels is(not our news) is that the UAE,Saudi Arabia,England,France and US are converging and some have arrived at the Straits of Hormuz as we speak. Battle groups including mine sweepers,ships carrying troops etc. Actually it reads that more countries are coming all though those countries arent named,but Russia has war ships docked in Iran though. There claim is they are trying to get Russian citizens out of the country. Right.
US has 3 battle groups there. One carrier from one battle group has more air power than the entire country of Iran. Apparently they are going to do war games for 12 days. There scared Israel will go after Iran and Iran will blockade the Straits etc. Armageddon anyone. Ok maybe thats a little pre mature but still scary.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Having said that it is up to the educated and informed to critically think about what we are hearing.
You must be new around here.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Yup you got me, I thought Islam was the religion and a Muslim was a follower. That is incorrect? If so could you explain it please.
Some guy came onto a previous thread of this nature and made a big stink about the difference. Now that I look though I don't see any evidence to support that.

Perhaps I am corrected.