Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Interesting

Listening to Rutherford this morning about the zero teacher that got canned. I did not know that the provincial guidelines was for a student to achieve 25% for the school to continue receiving funding for that student???...really 25%???....who here has a job that you can complete 25% and get full pay???
So we are sending kids out from Grade 12 knowing (maybe ) 25% of the curriculum??...reallY????
Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Gone Hunting

Don't blame , I didn't vote for them.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Sweet gig. Hit a low flow well and get paid as if it was a gusher. Sell a feeder calf at full grown price. Hotshot a parcel from Edmonton to Barrhead, destined for Peace River...get paid in full. Get paid for installing 4 tires and only put on one. Build a garage and get paid for a house. This is fun.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM

And how do you send kids out the door all with a 100% to get the full pay?

The 25% the kid has to reach or any point they have to reach is quite frankly out of the control of the teacher. Student attends but does not study or do assignments, how is that the fault of the teacher?

It is a funding formula is all.

Lots of critics on here and if you are so exceptional and know all the answers, then why don't you get the schooling and throw your name into the ring to be a teacher.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM

What a f#@$n joke. No wonder the country is going to h**l in a hand basket.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Lots of critics on here and if you are so exceptional and know all the answers, then why don't you get the schooling and throw your name into the ring to be a teacher.
Because they would probably be fired like this teacher. Redford and the Union wants to do away with provincial acheivment tests.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Listening to Rutherford this morning
that was the first mistake...I worked in a shop that played that guy/station all day long... i was never so angry every day after work.
it wasnt him as much as the issues (of stoopidity) that he brought to public.
makes me angry just thinking about it!

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM

When i was going to school way back in the day...a big fat zero was on the assignments that i didnt get around to finishing...then i had to deal with my parents as to why i didnt hand something in,going to school these days is a heck of alot easier than when i went it seems...we even needed a minimum of 50% before they would advance us...another milestone that i came close to having to deal with my parents on in the odd year...like from grade 8 to grade 12...anyway,i dont agree with the kids getting away with nothing short of a pass and yes i still believe in the strap on the hand...i even had a yardstick broke over my nuckles the odd time in class from a very quiet and sneaky teacher...how life changes within such a short period of time!!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM

funny because every test i have had to do outside of the school system on the real life side of things had to be 70% or better.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM

This topic drives me insane. What does this teach our kids - you can do nothing but you still have the RIGHT to something more than zero? If I go to work and don't get anything done, should I be rewarded with a pay cheque? NO!!! I should be handed my walking papers!

I believe this is why a lot of kids today have a sense of entitlement to things that they shouldn't because they haven't put in the effort to deserve them.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Listening to Rutherford this morning about the zero teacher that got canned. I did not know that the provincial guidelines was for a student to achieve 25% for the school to continue receiving funding for that student???...really 25%???....who here has a job that you can complete 25% and get full pay???
So we are sending kids out from Grade 12 knowing (maybe ) 25% of the curriculum??...reallY????
That doesn't sound right to me. Are you talking high school?

I thought in high school you get full funding for students that pass the course, basically you get funding for credits. The more credits you earn, the more funding the high school get.

I have never heard of this 25% before, I am guessing if the student gets 25% then the high school gets partial funding. The student still uses resources.

That is my guess.

By the way, are you talking achoevement or attendence? I THINK a k-9 student has to attend 25% of the classes for full funding, but I am not positive.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM

Anyone hear from the parents or social worker of the student that got the zero. Wonder what's keeping them up at nights these days?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM

That kind of mentality is now in my workplace it seams like the people that work 25 percent of the time are the ones who are rewarded it's only going to get worse with newer generations!